ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Rogan Netflix Live

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
I absolutely love Joe Rogan. Dana white even more. They just speak their minds and it is what it is. I don’t listen to podcasts so I only get the clips of him I see on the internet or on instagram. This is the first I’ve watched his stand up. Shockingly bad. Not remotely clever. Just base obvious jokes. Very political. Really really dumb. I was surprised

I absolutely love Joe Rogan. Dana white even more. They just speak their minds and it is what it is. I don’t listen to podcasts so I only get the clips of him I see on the internet or on instagram. This is the first I’ve watched his stand up. Shockingly bad. Not remotely clever. Just base obvious jokes. Very political. Really really dumb. I was surprised
I've never been impressed with Rogan as a standup comic. I'm not even that impressed with him as a podcast interviewer (easily bottom 1/3 or 1/2).

But he has a great attitude in that he will talk to anyone about anything, and he'll do it for a long enough time that you really get to understand the person in more than just dumbed-down soundbites. I'm happy he's had the success he's had because he's changed/started a medium I adore. But he's not really that talented at anything.

I got tired of waiting on the Paul/Tyson fight so I cut off Netflix in protest.
Just get it in nov. THE PROBLEM CHILD destroyed a bkf legend. They sleep on his angst. They sleep on his power. Then they pay. Hopefully the Elon Musk Madura/Zuckerberg fight is on the undercard

I've never been impressed with Rogan as a standup comic. I'm not even that impressed with him as a podcast interviewer (easily bottom 1/3 or 1/2).

But he has a great attitude in that he will talk to anyone about anything, and he'll do it for a long enough time that you really get to understand the person in more than just dumbed-down soundbites. I'm happy he's had the success he's had because he's changed/started a medium I adore. But he's not really that talented at anything.
This is America and you have the right to be wrong. He’s the best podcaster. Not a good comedian. The only podcasters I like more are Bitcoiners. Speaking of Bitcoin, watch the movie below Brad. It’s got the two things you need in your life, Bitcoin and God. Random stat of the day. The highest percentage of Christian’s in the U.S. are black women. The highest percent of atheist are white men.

Just get it in nov. THE PROBLEM CHILD destroyed a bkf legend. They sleep on his angst. They sleep on his power. Then they pay. Hopefully the Elon Musk Madura/Zuckerberg fight is on the undercard

If Musk/Zuckerberg was on the undercard, I'm definitely having a fight party for that shit show.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I refuse to watch his stand ups because I really don’t find him funny and don’t want to ruin how much I like his podcast.

This made me chuckle.

I think he puts on an entertaining podcast but I strongly disagree with the opinion that he's a strong interviewer.

He challenges almost nobody and seems like he just lets his guest say whatever they want and at least seems to agree with what they're saying. Only very rarely does someone say something that he pushes back on and someone does a live fact check on air. I'm very confident that he does little to no research before having a guest on.

It's harder to catch when it's someone like Peter Ziehan talking about China's demographic problems going into the future. He could be spewing absolute nonsense but sounds convincing so I wouldn't even know when to object if he's wrong about anything. It's easier to spot when, for example, Tucker Carlson was on and spouting some dated & patently false things about evolutionary biology, which is pretty clear neither he nor Rogan know anything about. But to hear it on the podcast would sound like they were going through some profound stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT