ADVERTISEMENT

IU and Vandy separating themselves for Romeo?

KenPom has IU at #81 and Vandy at #85 ... no excuses from me .... both are very poor.

If Vandy lands Romeo, then Vandy will have the #2 class.

But, even UK's site says that Vanderbilt is a "serious threat" for Montgomery, who has emerged as UK's top remaining 2018 target.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article199277729.html

Bryce Drew is likable, Vandy offers a Duke-like academic reputation and the City of Nashville is exploding (and by far the most dynamic venue in the SEC). There is no reason why Vandy can't be the next Duke with the right coach who can relate well to the kids. Having Darius Garland in the pocket makes this big push possible and time will tell if it takes hold.
There's no reason anybody can't be the next Duke with Coach K. Wake me up when that occurs for Vanderbilt. As of right now, Vanderbilt is basketball hell.

KenPom has IU at #81 and Vandy at #85 ... no excuses from me .... both are very poor.

But, even UK's site says that Vanderbilt is a "serious threat" for Montgomery, who has emerged as UK's top remaining 2018 target.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article199277729.html

Bryce Drew is likable, Vandy offers a Duke-like academic reputation and the City of Nashville is exploding (and by far the most dynamic venue in the SEC). There is no reason why Vandy can't be the next Duke with the right coach who can relate well to the kids. Having Darius Garland in the pocket makes this big push possible and time will tell if it takes hold.

IU has a winning record. Vandy does not. If Vandy doesn't land Romeo then their class is not very impressive at all now that Simi has a torn ACL. Also, Vandy sucks and they're going to suck next year if they don't land Romeo. That means Drew will have back to back losing seasons. Who knows if EJ will even be allowed to play in college after the Auburn debacle? It's been proven that he was going to be getting paid. The kid at Louisville didn't get to play so let's see if EJ can even get through the NCAA clearinghouse.

Vandy and Duke comparisons. Really? You serious Clark? Duke had an actual basketball history prior to Coach K's arrival. Vandy has perennially been terrible at basketball. Your gym is atrocious. Duke has Cameron. Vandy is in a football conference. Duke is in the ACC. How on earth you think the economic growth of a city has any effect on a basketball team that people in that very city don't care about at all is beyond me?

There's literally NO reasons that support the idea that Vandy could ever be anything remotely close to Duke other than being highly rated academically and very small. That's it. Also, Vandy sucks and has a losing record. That is also not like Duke. At all.

Sigh.......

Bryce Drew became the Vandy coach April of 2016. The 2 man class for Vandy for 2016 both signed in 2015....so Drew had nothing do to with that.

Drew's first class at Vandy was the 2017 class:
Obinna - Rivals Ranked #140 in class
Lee - Rivals Ranked #112 in class
Evans - Not in top 150

Miller's first class 2018 (without Romeo):
Hunert - Rivals Ranked #50
Phinisee - Rivals Ranked #103
Anderson - Rivals Ranked #106
Forrester - Rivals Ranked #129

Drew Second 2018:
Garland - 5 Star (who is from Nashville and who's mom WORKS AT VANDY)
Shittu - 5 Star (ACL)
Nesmith - Ranked #68

Miller's Second 2019:
Jackson-Davis?
Hurt?
Brooks?
Carton?
Watford?
Stewart?

You don't follow recruiting do you? Miller's 2019 class won't need Romeo and is looking to be top 5 in nation.

Stevens announce he will be back in college yet?
Unbelievable on so many levels. So now it’s an indictment on Drew’s recruitment because Shittu tore his ACL? What’s your reasoning behind this?

And this is classic blind fandom that posters do every year. List 5-10 5* players who have us in their top 5-10. Doesn’t mean we’re going to land them. Archie has yet to land a 5*

I’m not saying Archie can’t or won’t catch up because I believe he will. But as of right now it’s absurd to say that Archie is recruiting better than Drew. Absolutely insane. It’s just crimson glasses 100%.

Unbelievable on so many levels. So now it’s an indictment on Drew’s recruitment because Shittu tore his ACL? What’s your reasoning behind this?

And this is classic blind fandom that posters do every year. List 5-10 5* players who have us in their top 5-10. Doesn’t mean we’re going to land them. Archie has yet to land a 5*

I’m not saying Archie can’t or won’t catch up because I believe he will. But as of right now it’s absurd to say that Archie is recruiting better than Drew. Absolutely insane. It’s just crimson glasses 100%.

Archie is recruiting better than Drew.

Pump the brakes. Vandy is currently one of the biggest disappointments in the country and are going to struggle next year to make the tourney. Crean could have done a better job than Drew this year. That's how bad Drew and Vanderbilt have been. Also, if Archie lands Romeo, IU will end up with a better class overall. I think you need to lay off the Southern Comfort:)
Has he landed Romeo yet? Do you understand the definition of a trend? A trend is 100% based on PAST results. And the results show Vandy with a better recruiting class...right now. Again, that’s the definition of a trend. Something not open for debate. All of that changes if Romeo picks IU.

Has he landed Romeo yet? Do you understand the definition of a trend? A trend is 100% based on PAST results. And the results show Vandy with a better recruiting class...right now. Again, that’s the definition of a trend. Something not open for debate. All of that changes if Romeo picks IU.
Archie is recruiting better than Drew.

lol ...

Drew is having a losing season. If he doesn't land Romeo then he's going to have another losing season again next year. 2 losing seasons in a row is quite a trend. I doubt you can see that though. You're so predictable. Total broken record.

Reactions: chris007
He really did. He thinks Drew is creating the next Duke because he got a couple of 5* players.
Now that's a level of delusion that even a Purdue fan couldn't match ..

Cold iron shackles, ball and chain
Listen to the whistle of the evenin' train
You know you bound to wind up dead
If you don't head back to Tennessee Jed

Anyone remotely objective would strongly disagree.

And he's coaching way worse than Archie. His team sucks. They have a losing record. If they don't land Romeo then they're going to have a losing record again next year. Anyone remotely objective would see that Drew is trending in the wrong direction when it comes to results. He better get Romeo or he's going to get fired from Vandy. From Vandy. How bad do you have to be to get fired from Vandy? Ouch. Also, even if he gets Romeo he's a 1 and done. Simi too. What's he going to have the year after that? Another terrible team. Archie will have a really good team by then. I'll be here to remind you how wrong you were about everything.

Anyone concerned about recruiting violations? I read Darius Garland's father's quotes in the Star concerning his discussions with Archie's father in Archie's basement wherein the senior Miller was explaining to the senior Garland exactly how Darius would be used in IU's system. That seems to be impermissible contact by a booster during an official visit if dad isn't on the staff. Did it get self-reported? Am I wrong about that being a potential violation?

I quickly pulled this off the net ..... it seems to apply to Archie's father's involvement with recruits (unless he's on the staff):

"Q: Can a booster recruit for West Virginia University Athletics? A: No, only coaches and Athletic Department staff members may be involved in the recruiting process. NCAA rules specifically prohibit boosters from engaging in recruiting activities. As a booster, you may not have contact with a prospect or the prospect’s family on or off campus. This rule also applies to prospects making official and unofficial visits to West Virginia University."

And he's coaching way worse than Archie. His team sucks. They have a losing record. If they don't land Romeo then they're going to have a losing record again next year. Anyone remotely objective would see that Drew is trending in the wrong direction when it comes to results. He better get Romeo or he's going to get fired from Vandy. From Vandy. How bad do you have to be to get fired from Vandy? Ouch. Also, even if he gets Romeo he's a 1 and done. Simi too. What's he going to have the year after that? Another terrible team. Archie will have a really good team by then. I'll be here to remind you how wrong you were about everything.
The key to recruiting unless you're Cal or K, and have WWW funneling players to the program, is building a core and filling in with one and dones. They're mercenaries and should be used like mercenaries.

Anyone concerned about recruiting violations? I read Darius Garland's father's quotes in the Star concerning his discussions with Archie's father in Archie's basement wherein the senior Miller was explaining to the senior Garland exactly how Darius would be used in IU's system. That seems to be impermissible contact by a booster during an official visit if dad isn't on the staff. Did it get self-reported? Am I wrong about that being a potential violation?

I quickly pulled this off the net ..... it seems to apply to Archie's father's involvement with recruits (unless he's on the staff):

"Q: Can a booster recruit for West Virginia University Athletics? A: No, only coaches and Athletic Department staff members may be involved in the recruiting process. NCAA rules specifically prohibit boosters from engaging in recruiting activities. As a booster, you may not have contact with a prospect or the prospect’s family on or off campus. This rule also applies to prospects making official and unofficial visits to West Virginia University."
lol ..........

Deflecting? Hoping? Desperate? Reaching for straws?

Where's that delusional confidence you were speaking of?

You think that Archie's dad is an IU booster? How have you not Darwin'd yourself off this planet yet? I mean, this is so stupid, I kinda feel bad making fun of you about it because clearly you're at least on the spectrum.

Archie doesn't have to cheat at Iu. Sound familiar??

You think that Archie's dad is an IU booster? How have you not Darwin'd yourself off this planet yet? I mean, this is so stupid, I kinda feel bad making fun of you about it because clearly you're at least on the spectrum.

I've got a doctorate level degree but that is beside the point .... possibly I'm wrong. Here's the definition of a booster which seems to extend to anyone "promoting" an athletic program. I"m not making allegations, simply asking a question about what appears to be a violation and asking why it isn't ...... we all want to learn:

"The NCAA broadly defines a "booster" as an individual, agency, entity or organization who is known by an institution to:
  • Have participated in or been a member of an agency that promotes the institution's intercollegiate athletics program
  • Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or a booster organization for the department
  • Have been involved otherwise in promoting the institution's athletics program
  • Have been a season ticket holder
  • Have provided benefits to student-athletes or their relatives or friends"

I've got a doctorate level degree but that is beside the point .... possibly I'm wrong. Here's the definition of a booster which seems to extend to anyone "promoting" an athletic program. I"m not making allegations, simply asking a question about what appears to be a violation and asking why it isn't ...... we all want to learn:

"The NCAA broadly defines a "booster" as an individual, agency, entity or organization who is known by an institution to:
  • Have participated in or been a member of an agency that promotes the institution's intercollegiate athletics program
  • Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or a booster organization for the department

We all know you're not a doctor of anything. You can just stop with the lying. If you had an ounce of sense then you'd realize that Archie's dad is in no way, shape or form an IU booster. I mean, you even took the time to show what constitutes being a booster and none of those apply to him. So I have to ask, are you really Ben Carson? He's the only Dr. I know of that is this stupid.

Are you applying for a job?

Lol welcome to Kentucky basketball

Reactions: KyDore

You are basing all of this on 2 players and one’s mom works at f**king Vandy......and the other might not ever play at Vandy. If Miller gets Romeo, he has more than proven he is better than Drew.

Unless Vandy starts hiring every top 20 prospects mom to work for them, yes, I would rather have Miller and it’s not even close.

But keep taking your shots at Miller.......

Reactions: IUgradman

So, is he a booster of Arizona too? lol

The disappointment you are going to have after next season is going to be something.....

My question is have you been there? I have and toured the campus with our kids. Now admittedly it was a wet spring when we were there, but I didn't like the campus. Of course I compare everything to Btown! But I thought it felt a bit claustrophobic. Too many trees packed in to too tight an area made it feel kind of dark to me, and I didn't like it being surrounded by Nashville, which is a town I like overall.

Just my 2 cents, but neither of my kids liked it either. My son really liked Bloomington after visiting it however and IU was probably the school he wanted to attend most. He is a freshman at NC State however and having a great time and year so far.

He doesn’t give two shits whether it’s heaven or hell, he’ll disparage any pro IU talk to forward his agenda.

So, is he a booster of Arizona too? lol

He certainly could be .. I think it all revolves on what he does in furtherance of a program. He's not a booster solely as a result of being a parent but something seemingly innocuous as being a season ticket holder makes one a booster. If one is given season tickets by the coach, I don't know if that makes one a season ticket holder. I think that the operative term is whether one "promotes" the program ... and sitting in Archie's basement with Daddy Garland selling the program is clearly promoting the program.

There are many smart posters here. Does anyone think that Archie's dad potentially qualifies as an IU booster such that his legal involvement with recruits is curtailed?

He certainly could be .. I think it all revolves on what he does in furtherance of a program. He's not a booster solely as a result of being a parent but something seemingly innocuous as being a season ticket holder makes one a booster. If one is given season tickets by the coach, I don't know if that makes one a season ticket holder. I think that the operative term is whether one "promotes" the program ... and sitting in Archie's basement with Daddy Garland selling the program is clearly promoting the program.

There are many smart posters here. Does anyone think that Archie's dad potentially qualifies as an IU booster such that his legal involvement with recruits is curtailed?

Well done!!! What keen investigation skills you possess.
Please send all formal findings into this matter here:

The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222
Phone: 317-917-6222
Fax: 317-917-6888

Drew is having a losing season. If he doesn't land Romeo then he's going to have another losing season again next year. 2 losing seasons in a row is quite a trend. I doubt you can see that though. You're so predictable. Total broken record.

He’s the Outside Shooter of the b-ball board...

I heard that's why Simi wouldn't come here. We couldn't offer him any money like Bryce Drew but we did offer the wisdom of a 75 year old high school coach.

Maybe he wanted Homer as his mentor?

Isn't John Miller close with Cal? So that's how he got all those five stars at a traditional blue blood.

I never made the connection.

Again, has that happened yet?

You can’t predict a trend. Trends are based on historical data. By definition. Not my opinion.

Anyone concerned about recruiting violations? I read Darius Garland's father's quotes in the Star concerning his discussions with Archie's father in Archie's basement wherein the senior Miller was explaining to the senior Garland exactly how Darius would be used in IU's system. "

His dad's comments???? Two words. LAVAR BALL

He’s literally been there one season. And he went to the tournament his first year. Now he’s having a rebuilding year and is loaded in next year’s class. At Vandy, like you said.

You won’t have to remind me of anything. I think Archie will have more success at IU than Drew will have at Vandy. But I think Drew will be successful as well. Some of you snowflakes are just so blind and soft you can’t give anyone else an ounce of credit.

The key to recruiting unless you're Cal or K, and have WWW funneling players to the program, is building a core and filling in with one and dones. They're mercenaries and should be used like mercenaries.
I remember this false narrative being used on here about 6 years ago by you and others to explain why Crean would have more long term success than Cal. Since then Cal has been to 5 Final Fours and has a championship. Crean is out of coaching. But you and others won’t own up to that one.

I remember this false narrative being used on here about 6 years ago by you and others to explain why Crean would have more long term success than Cal. Since then Cal has been to 5 Final Fours and has a championship. Crean is out of coaching. But you and others won’t own up to that one.

Cal cheats, always has and always will.. get over it.

Reactions: IU Scott
You are basing all of this on 2 players and one’s mom works at f**king Vandy......and the other might not ever play at Vandy. If Miller gets Romeo, he has more than proven he is better than Drew.

Unless Vandy starts hiring every top 20 prospects mom to work for them, yes, I would rather have Miller and it’s not even close.

But keep taking your shots at Miller.......
I’ve said repeatedly that I think Archie is better and that I wouldn’t trade him for Drew. That is on the belief that I think he’ll catch up to Drew in recruiting.

Your only argument for Archie includes an If. And you don’t realize how ridiculous it sounds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT