ADVERTISEMENT

IU and Vandy separating themselves for Romeo?

While I hope it's true I don't ever discount Dollar Bill and his ability to recruit. Scary thing to me is they have immediate needs/holes for a guy like Romeo with anticipated departures from this years team.

Guess we'll just have to wait until 3/28 like everyone else.

While I hope it's true I don't ever discount Dollar Bill and his ability to recruit. Scary thing to me is they have immediate needs/holes for a guy like Romeo with anticipated departures from this years team.

Guess we'll just have to wait until 3/28 like everyone else.
Lol Dollar Bill I hadn't heard that one yet. Nice...

Just shows how fluid recruiting is. Pretty sure I remember Bossi saying less than a month ago that KU and Vandy were separating themselves from IU. A positive to also consider is that Kansas recently offered 3-star SF Ochai Agbaji, and Vandy is involved in E.J Montogomery's recruitment. Not sure most teams are offering scholarships this late in the year unless they are looking for backup plans. I like where IU stands as of right now.

Reactions: IUgradman
With LaGerald Vick getting benched. You can bet he's going to get run off by Self next year. That leaves a big gaping whole on the wing when you consider that Svi is a Senior also.

I think IU gets Romeo, just a feeling.

The thing I took away from that article is no mention of Brooks and MSU. That recruitment has also changed drastically the last few months.

Hope so. Romeo would set the table for future classes at IU. Can you imagine the recruiting currency Archie could hit the street with saying look what we did for Romeo.

The thing I took away from that article is no mention of Brooks and MSU. That recruitment has also changed drastically the last few months.

Saw that also. I assumed Bossi just forgot to put Brooks' name in. Was happy to see him say that MSU is most likely to add an in-state 5-star Small Forward. Hopefully, that convinces Brooks to stay home.

Don't be so sure. The doghouse he's in right now was occupied by Carlton Bragg (transferred), Brannen Greene (just left)...

If Vick goes anywhere, it’s the NBA.

Vick isn’t going to sit out a year when he is close to being drafted.

Don't be so sure. The doghouse he's in right now was occupied by Carlton Bragg (transferred), Brannen Greene (just left)...
they have Vick, Newman, Cunliffe and Grimes and if you add big wings the Lawson twins.

That's 6 guys for 2 positions, Romeo would be 7 and all with the exception of one, Grimes, more experienced.

Last edited:
they have Vick, Newman, Cunliffe and Grimes and if you add big wings the Lawson twins.

That's six guys for 2 positions, Romeo would be 7 and all with the exception of one, Grimes, more experienced.

Newman is going to be gone, the plan was always for him to be there one year after he transferred in.

Vick likely run off or goes pro somewhere, but he is definitely in a bad spot right now with Self.

Dedric Lawson will start for them at 4, next to Udoka.

Romeo should and would play over Grimes, KJ Lawson, Cunliffe and even Dotson in that back court next to Charlie Moore.

It's undoubtedly the most competition of any of the three choices, and at least 1 (probably 2) of them is going to end up riding a lot more pine than they might like.

Still, there is no reason Romeo wouldn't get 28-32 minutes a game if he is a Wiggins/ Josh Jackson level talent.

But it takes a special type of confidence in your abilities to go in there and compete for time when you got 35+ minutes and unlimited shots guaranteed at two other schools.

Well you've said many times that there's no way he's going to Vandy. Hearing Kansas is out?

Can't imagine him picking anyone other than vandy. I mean, they are the duke of Dixie, right? Or is it that vandy is the Harvard of the Midwest? Oh, that's Purdue! Well then, id say he's either going to vandy or purdue. End of the road again for poor old iu.

And who can forget those NBA style practices? Lol.

I would argue the point that Vandy wouldn't have gotten this far unless their future class was a strong consideration.

From IU's side, as guard-starved as the Hoosiers are, I hear nothing about anyone other than Langford. But if he doesn't sign, IU will very badly need a shooting guard. I think being "tha mon" suits him quite well though from what I've seen. As unselfish as IU is playing, it would seem a good fit for Romeo.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Well you've said many times that there's no way he's going to Vandy. Hearing Kansas is out?

@IndianaHoops has no idea where he's going but has stuck to his "not going to Vandy" from start to finish. Basically, It's like saying over and over and over again that the coin will not land on Heads. I mean, he has a chance to be right, in this case, a 66% chance but it's just a juvenile attempt to say he isn't going to a non perennial power (which if that were the case, he could add IU to the list of schools he's not going to).

I don't think Romeo knows where he's going as of the moment, so you can guarantee that @IndianaHoops has no clue here either.

One of Vandy’s 5 star recruits (Shittu) tore his ACL a week ago. Combine that with the fact they are 8-15, it seems like a no brainer at this point.

Rabby said that the biggest hold up in Romeo to IU is Darius Garland. The two of them are very close and it may be very hard for Romeo to tell him know.

Either way I would suspect that we're going to go after a grad guard. There's a guy from Toledo I think that's being rumored on the intrawebz.

So this spring could be amazing, okay or awful.

Amazing is we get Romeo, a grad guard, and Morgan stays.

Okay is no Romeo but Morgan stays, we get a grad guard and McBobby gets his last year paid for.

Awful if we don't get Romeo and Morgan puts his name into the draft.

Rabby said that the biggest hold up in Romeo to IU is Darius Garland. The two of them are very close and it may be very hard for Romeo to tell him know.

I think Garland does play a huge role here but don't discount his relationship with Bryce Drew either.

I honestly have a hard time believing he will pull the trigger for Vandy but the fact that he didn't commit prior to or during his high school season is very promising. Can you imagine the hate he would get from rednecks throughout the state if he committed to Vandy or Kansas before the season. It would have been a very uncomfortable (at best) year for him.

Plenty of instate prospects heavily recruited by IU have committed to other schools before their senior season. I think Romeo wanted to take a close look at how Archie coaches before making a decision.

@IndianaHoops has no idea where he's going but has stuck to his "not going to Vandy" from start to finish. Basically, It's like saying over and over and over again that the coin will not land on Heads. I mean, he has a chance to be right, in this case, a 66% chance but it's just a juvenile attempt to say he isn't going to a non perennial power (which if that were the case, he could add IU to the list of schools he's not going to).

I don't think Romeo knows where he's going as of the moment, so you can guarantee that @IndianaHoops has no clue here either.

He's not going to Vandy.

:)

Reactions: Brockway
I think Garland does play a huge role here but don't discount his relationship with Bryce Drew either.

I honestly have a hard time believing he will pull the trigger for Vandy but the fact that he didn't commit prior to or during his high school season is very promising. Can you imagine the hate he would get from rednecks throughout the state if he committed to Vandy or Kansas before the season. It would have been a very uncomfortable (at best) year for him.

You do know he played his Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior seasons without IU as a option, right? He didn't even list IU until last summer. Those rednecks must of took it easy on him.

And you also know the area where is he from is just as big of UofL and UK area as IU, right?

No, you don't know that because you are a Vandy fan.

How's Shittu's knee doing?

Last edited:
Plenty of instate prospects heavily recruited by IU have committed to other schools before their senior season. I think Romeo wanted to take a close look at how Archie coaches before making a decision.

Lol

Name the other recruits that were as important to IU as landing a top 5 player in the country.

Go!

You do know he played his Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior seasons without IU as a option, right? He didn't even list IU until last summer. Those rednecks must of took it easy on him.

And you also know the area where is he from is just as big of UofL and UK area as IU, right?

No, you don't know that because you are a Vandy fan.

How's Shittu's knee doing?

Shittu's knee... not sure, but reports are that he will be able to play by November or December. Obviously, the sooner, the better but nobody will rush him back, too much money on the line. We'll be better even if he never suits up for Vandy, but selfishly, I really want to watch him play for us. Dude is a stud.

Garland and Nesmith are nice players too, and the transfers we add are exciting. The current team is getting better as well, even though we have no hope of making the tourney this year, still fun seeing the team improve at the right time of the year.

Lol

Name the other recruits that were as important to IU as landing a top 5 player in the country.

Go!

Again, you are a Vandy fan.......you have no idea what you are talking about......

Jaren Jackson
Kris Wilkes

That's just last year. I get it, big time recruiting is new to you. Don't worry, you wont be here long.

Hopefully, Romeo realizes that Darius is looking out for his own interests. Darius will say in an interview that "being the hometown hero is an opportunity I couldn't pass up", yet expects Romeo to do the exact opposite. If being at the same school as Romeo is so important to him, then he wouldn't have done what was best for himself and committed early to Vandy. Nothing against Darius, but if he's as good of a friend as he says he is, I think he'd realize that he's being a little selfish by not being more supportive of Romeo going to IU to experience the same opportunity that made him land at Vandy.

Lol

Go!

Cody Zeller

Landing him changed our program instantly. Went from 12 to 27 wins with him on the roster and the following year we were ranked #1 in the country for ten weeks.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Hopefully, Romeo realizes that Darius is looking out for his own interests. Darius will say in an interview that "being the hometown hero is an opportunity I couldn't pass up", yet expects Romeo to do the exact opposite. If being at the same school as Romeo is so important to him, then he wouldn't have done what was best for himself and committed early to Vandy. Nothing against Darius, but if he's as good of a friend as he says he is, I think he'd realize that he's being a little selfish by not being more supportive of Romeo going to IU to experience the same opportunity that made him land at Vandy.

Lolololol

Read what you just wrote, that is gold!

Reactions: kt4dores
Cody Zeller

Landing him changed our program instantly. Went from 12 to 27 wins with him on the roster and the following year we were ranked #1 in the country for ten weeks.

I mean where a kid that highly rated announced he was leaving the state and how he was treated subsequently. There isn't a comparison, and y'all know it. This is very important to IU fans, and you know you have 10,000 crazy rednecks that would make Romeo's life very uncomfortable.

I'm not saying that's why he's waiting, just that the logic behind it makes sense.

Last edited:
I mean where a kid that highly rated announced he was leaving the state and how he was treated subsequently. There isn't a comparison, and y'all know it. This is very important to IU fans, and you know younger 10,000 crazy rednecks that would make Romeo's life very uncomfortable.

I'm not saying that's why he's waiting, just that the logic behind it makes sense.

Lol...You have zero clue what you are talking about. Zero.

Also, take redneck and shove it up your ass hillbilly.

I'm hoping Romeo chooses IU just like everyone else on here. He's a special player and would boost the program in a big way. It could set the tone for many seasons to come, plus he just seems like a good kid and that's always a huge plus.

The only thing that bugs me, and this is not specific to Romeo, is why it takes so long for some to decide. By now he knows the coaches, their players, the schools and how he will fit in. I get the desire to have their day in the sun on TV. I get wanting to make sure the right decision is made. But by this time there is nothing new to learn. The coaches and schools are known quantities. At some point, you know everything there is to know and it's time to take the shot.

Lol...You have zero clue what you are talking about. Zero.

Also, take redneck and shove it up your ass hillbilly.

You think all IU fans are perfect?

Every fanbase has morons, every single one.

Also, I'm not offended by you calling me a hillbilly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT