ADVERTISEMENT

IU and Vandy separating themselves for Romeo?

What does that mean?

You're probably too young to remember but we've played y'all a few times over the years and we've never been in the ACC.
We will not being playing you guys this year especially now when we are going to 20 conference games.. We will play in the ACC/big ten challenge and will play UL and Butler so we will not play any other games against power 5 schools. Also I am old enough to remember playing you guys over the years.

You realize Vanderbilt is located in Tennessee right? And you are calling us rednecks...Go back to your own board with the 3 bandwagon Vanderbilt fans that will only care until the Dores get booted from the elite 8 of the nit next year.

One of the downsides to having one of the mega fan bases is that you indeed have some idiots wearing your logo. The big programs all have the issue. BBN is another animal entirely as the idiot level seeps much deeper into the core base where at IU or KU it is mostly at the fringes.

We will not being playing you guys this year especially now when we are going to 20 conference games.. We will play in the ACC/big ten challenge and will play UL and Butler so we will not play any other games against power 5 schools. Also I am old enough to remember playing you guys over the years.

That's a reasonable explanation, especially if Archie doesn't believe in tough schedules. Drew may be a maniac. In two years at Vandy, he's had the #1 schedule both years. Personally, I wish we had a crap schedule with this team this year, we would probably be a bubble team right now if he had gone that route.

I remember listening to the game the year of the Keith Smart natty when y'all came to visit Memorial Gym. We only had two season tickets and I drew the short straw so I listened to the entire game in our dining room. Vandy beat Bobby Knight and the boys 79-75, fun childhood memory.

Reactions: DABFAN
One of the downsides to having one of the mega fan bases is that you indeed have some idiots wearing your logo. The big programs all have the issue. BBN is another animal entirely as the idiot level seeps much deeper into the core base where at IU or KU it is mostly at the fringes.

I can confirm this with the UK fanbase, never had any interaction with the IU fanbase.

That's a reasonable explanation, especially if Archie doesn't believe in tough schedules. Drew may be a maniac. In two years at Vandy, he's had the #1 schedule both years. Personally, I wish we had a crap schedule with this team this year, we would probably be a bubble team right now if he had gone that route.

I remember listening to the game the year of the Keith Smart natty when y'all came to visit Memorial Gym. We only had two season tickets and I drew the short straw so I listened to the entire game in our dining room. Vandy beat Bobby Knight and the boys 79-75, fun childhood memory.
Next year we will only have 7 non conference games and possibly an exempt tournament where we can play 3 games so we can't play all tough games. We also have to have some home games and it is harder to get better teams to play home and home.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
I mean where a kid that highly rated announced he was leaving the state and how he was treated subsequently. There isn't a comparison, and y'all know it. This is very important to IU fans, and you know you have 10,000 crazy rednecks that would make Romeo's life very uncomfortable.

I'm not saying that's why he's waiting, just that the logic behind it makes sense.
I am not sure where you see all of these rednecks that you keep mentioning.

I am not sure where you see all of these rednecks that you keep mentioning.

Y'all keep telling me that you have nothing but white upper middle class to upper class fans, but I seriously doubt that is the case.

I've been to Indiana and there are plenty of rednecks there, but according to several posters in this thread, none of them are actually Indiana basketball fans.

I could have sworn there is at least one Vanderbilt basketball board out there somewhere. Apparently, I was mistaken because their two fans have taken up residence here. This will get kind of awkward for them when RL commits to the Hoosiers. But, they always have their baseball team to fall back on...

McHoop

I could have sworn there is at least one Vanderbilt basketball board out there somewhere. Apparently, I was mistaken because their two fans have taken up residence here. This will get kind of awkward for them when RL commits to the Hoosiers. But, they always have their baseball team to fall back on...

McHoop

If Romeo commits to Indiana, I will absolutely come back to congratulate you guys. Sure there are some douches itt, but so also bet there are some really good IU fans.

I would think that after Crean you would understand the importance of class balance.

When you bring in three one and dones, other guys don't want to come so when your mercenaries leave after their one year you're having to reload...and I have my doubts that Vandy is a place that can reload.

Then on top of it the one and done rule is probably eliminated after this year so, if you don't have solid class balance then you're really starting from square one.

Especially if Drew moves on also after next year too.

3 of the 4 current #1 seeds don't have any mercenaries on them.

Over the years it's been proven that the Villanova, UNC, Wisconsin model is as effective as trying to win the arms race.

That is develop your team and have a lottery pick push you over the edge vs a team of mercs.

Vandy trying to win in the arms race is going to fun to watch if I pay any attention to them after this, which is probably no.

I do understand it, and I'd think you'd understand you're talking about the future, which you can't predict. I'll make a prediction for you: Between Sittu, Garland and Langford, not all 3 will be one and done. So that alone invalidates your argument. The reason Nova, WI and UNC have made their model work is just because they couldn't or didn't get the 5 stars they targeted, not by choice. I have to follow UNC's recruiting very closely because I live in NC, and trust me, they were hard after and wanted multiple 5 stars. Roy was taking a lot of heat from the fanbase prior to the NC for not being able to close the deal, and they are right back in the fray trying, so it's not by choice that they aren't getting them. Zion didn't choose them, not the reverse... same with Langford.

Y'all keep telling me that you have nothing but white upper middle class to upper class fans, but I seriously doubt that is the case.

I've been to Indiana and there are plenty of rednecks there, but according to several posters in this thread, none of them are actually Indiana basketball fans.
They are consumed with NASCAR and are prepping for the Daytona 500.

I do understand it, and I'd think you'd understand you're talking about the future, which you can't predict. I'll make a prediction for you: Between Sittu, Garland and Langford, not all 3 will be one and done. So that alone invalidates your argument. The reason Nova, WI and UNC have made their model work is just because they couldn't or didn't get the 5 stars they targeted, not by choice. I have to follow UNC's recruiting very closely because I live in NC, and trust me, they were hard after and wanted multiple 5 stars. Roy was taking a lot of heat from the fanbase prior to the NC for not being able to close the deal, and they are right back in the fray trying, so it's not by choice that they aren't getting them. Zion didn't choose them, not the reverse... same with Langford.

I can't stop laughing at this picture every time you post. That thing taking the punch sums up just about everything currently wrong with America.

lesbian-punch-in-face.jpg

I mean where a kid that highly rated announced he was leaving the state and how he was treated subsequently. There isn't a comparison, and y'all know it. This is very important to IU fans, and you know you have 10,000 crazy rednecks that would make Romeo's life very uncomfortable.

I'm not saying that's why he's waiting, just that the logic behind it makes sense.

You're an idiot. Your team blows. 8-15. Simi tore his ACL. Your team will blow next year even if Romeo goes there. Drew might even be on the hot seat by then. Romeo will go pro after 1 year and Vandy will blow again the following year. Better to accept your fate now. Vandy is turrrrrble.

Also, Romeo had always planned to commit AFTER his senior season was over. He's been saying that for a very long time.

Finally, Trey Lyles is the answer to your stupid question. He was committed to IU for at least 2 years before switching to UK. He was Mr. bball and was the top rated player in Indiana by far. He was a burger boy and he played his senior year in Indiana after all that.

Also, Vandy basketball blows.

You're an idiot. Your team blows. 8-15. Simi tore his ACL. Your team will blow next year even if Romeo goes there. Drew might even be on the hot seat by then. Romeo will go pro after 1 year and Vandy will blow again the following year. Better to accept your fate now. Vandy is turrrrrble.

Also, Romeo had always planned to commit AFTER his senior season was over. He's been saying that for a very long time.

Finally, Trey Lyles is the answer to your stupid question. He was committed to IU for at least 2 years before switching to UK. He was Mr. bball and was the top rated player in Indiana by far. He was a burger boy and he played his senior year in Indiana after all that.

Also, Vandy basketball blows.

We're actually 9-15 and some would say the best 15 loss team on the planet.

Reactions: MrBing
We have Schilling who actually has developed talent for the NBA. Just because Drew played in the NBA doesn’t mean he can develop talent. Schilling actually has a record of talent developing and that’s what he is good at. If Romeo wants to be the best he can be he will come to IU. If he wants to play patty cake with Darius in a dorm room he will go to Vandy.

Reactions: IUgradman
Didn't Romeo or his father recently say that he wanted a demanding coach? When he sat behind the IU bench he watched Archie and Archie is a demanding coach. Having watched Bryce Drew at Valpo, he is not a demanding coach. He is a player's buddy coach. That has me a little bit encouraged about IU's chances.

We have Schilling who actually has developed talent for the NBA. Just because Drew played in the NBA doesn’t mean he can develop talent. Schilling actually has a record of talent developing and that’s what he is good at. If Romeo wants to be the best he can be he will come to IU. If he wants to play patty cake with Darius in a dorm room he will go to Vandy.

Reactions: IUgradman

Who said that? I can only speak for myself, but an IN redneck is just a better class of redneck!

Last edited:

Just saw this on Twitter.... more nonsense or something is brewing

LOL

My god, that backlash during his Freshman, Sophmore, and Junior seasons was TOO MUCH.

I guess that’s why he went to IU for a game 2 weeks ago and has nothing scheduled for Vandy. The IU fan base is THAT intimidating.

Forget the fact he is dead in the middle of UofL country.

It’s a Vandy fan grasping for anything.

Langford stays after every game to sign autographs because the IU fan base will get him.

Langford isn’t considering IU because of fear.....

lol

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott and IUgradman
@IndianaHoops has no idea where he's going but has stuck to his "not going to Vandy" from start to finish. Basically, It's like saying over and over and over again that the coin will not land on Heads. I mean, he has a chance to be right, in this case, a 66% chance but it's just a juvenile attempt to say he isn't going to a non perennial power (which if that were the case, he could add IU to the list of schools he's not going to).

I don't think Romeo knows where he's going as of the moment, so you can guarantee that @IndianaHoops has no clue here either.
The coin is double sided and features the IU logo. It is possible it could land on its edge, but not probable.

He's not going to Vandy. Just get over it and move on.

Last edited:

Probably the high point in the history of the program beating a team that won something lol.

We're actually 9-15 and some would say the best 15 loss team on the planet.

Your non conference schedule wasn't even as tough as ours.

You played Virginia...we played Duke (who was Number 1 at the time).
You played Arizona State...we played a fully healthy Notre Dame who was ranked #5 at the time.

We both played Seton Hall at their place.

We played Louisville at the yum center who was a top 20 team. Who was your fourth top 20 team?

We also had two conference games in December (Michigan and Iowa)...where was your two conference games?

You're soon to be the best 20 loss team on the planet, a year after making the tournament with your savant coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT