ADVERTISEMENT

1993 Team

IndyMitchell

Benchwarmer
Apr 29, 2008
I’m randomly on YouTube and it suggests a IU versus Washington St game. It’s crazy the # of Indiana kids that were on that team. Starting 5 -Damon Bailey, SG -Steve Hart, Pat Graham, Brian Evans, Alan Henderson. Additional guys - Todd Leary, Sherron Wilkerson, Pat Knight.

Reactions: bIhawk
I’m randomly on YouTube and it suggests a IU versus Washington St game. It’s crazy the # of Indiana kids that were on that team. Starting 5 -Damon Bailey, SG -Steve Hart, Pat Graham, Brian Evans, Alan Henderson. Additional guys - Todd Leary, Sherron Wilkerson, Pat Knight.
That Washington State team had started out strong that season with great wins. And were also seeded in Landover Maryland close to Indiana. That Indiana team could flat out shoot the free throws and three pointers!

Damon Bailey had 29 and IU pulled away. I forgot how good that guy was. He could score at all levels. IU had shooters everywhere too. Evans, Bailey, Graham, Leary
Thats why Indiana was the worst matchup for Temple in the Ncaa Tournament. Had the guy in Henderson who could flash and make plays, surrounded by pretty much four snipers. I really think had Sherron Wilkerson not broke his leg versus Temple, his quickness on defense could have helped versus BC's quick senior guards in the Sweet16 matchup. I still think IU woulda lost to the Florida/Uconn winner though. We will never know for sure.

I hate cheating. I also hate it when the team I love is adversely affected by it.
You used a phone without permission in the Army. He sat in on group calls. Maybe we are being punished because you used that darn phone in the Army.

First I heard this claim-we have not been bad because of Davis and Crean and Archie and Woodson but bad because of Sampson. Wow Houston must be set to implode any second.

I think the NCAA has lost about every court case thus far so was acting illegally for decades but in the case of Sampson sitting in on conference calls-pure scum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bucket Getter
At the time, everyone was so excited about this "backcourt of the future." Too bad neither of those guys could take care of things off the court.
Yep. These two soon to be athletic sophmores leading the team with this incoming Mcd AA guard Neil Reed....

You'll feel better once you remember we picked up Michael Hermon late in the summer that same year.
You'll feel better once you remember we picked up Michael Hermon late in the summer that same year.
But like crap again after the next season when both split for different reasons. Still, on paper, a backcourt of Mcd AA Wilkerson & Reed heading into 1995-1996 was supposed to have been legit!

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Damon Bailey had 29 and IU pulled away. I forgot how good that guy was. He could score at all levels. IU had shooters everywhere too. Evans, Bailey, Graham, Leary
Also, people talk about Montross and potential 92 and 93 titles with him, 93-94 could have been just as great a chance. Montross/Hendo, Evans, Bailey Leary, PGraham etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT