ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Mueller Time ....running thread

Not one federal official has ever conducted an election. Not one federal official has ever counted a vote. State and local elections are not stovepiped. There are national conferences of election officials where information and technology is shared. As far as fighting foreign interests is concerned, remember that Fusion Centers came from and were funded by state and local governments.

The fed track record wasn’t all that great prior to 9-11. It was fragmented and duplicative. We don’t disagree about election security. I don’t think the one basket of eggs theory works for elections and prefer the combined input of all people. People aren’t smarter just cuz they receive a federal pay check. If you like the single top down approach, there is nothing more to say.

50 different systems have 50 different sets of holes. I imagine our major corporations are fairly top down, I bet P&G has standards at all their plants, they do not tell Poughkeepsie to "do their own thing".

One thing I know about computer security is spreading information is good. If I see a phishing attack, I immediately alert my users. Right now, if Indiana sees a spear phishing attack, do you think they alert Colorado employees?

Not one federal official has ever conducted an election. Not one federal official has ever counted a vote. State and local elections are not stovepiped. There are national conferences of election officials where information and technology is shared. As far as fighting foreign interests is concerned, remember that Fusion Centers came from and were funded by state and local governments.

The fed track record wasn’t all that great prior to 9-11. It was fragmented and duplicative. We don’t disagree about election security. I don’t think the one basket of eggs theory works for elections and prefer the combined input of all people. People aren’t smarter just cuz they receive a federal pay check. If you like the single top down approach, there is nothing more to say.
"Single top down approach" . . . I take it from your comment about Fusion Centers that you have no problem with (a) sharing best practices, (b) identifying commonalities in vulnerabilities, across state lines?

Would you have a problem with a federal mandate that the states engage in those and similar activities, such as an obligation to adhere to best practices, as pertains to federal-related activities, including without limitation elections for federal office?

YellowishHomelyAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 15, 2019
lol

Edit: to expound further. What a desperate post from a man who occupies the most powerful office in the world, yet is so ill-equipped to occupy it and has no more substantive argument to make than "yeah but..."

Last edited:
lol

Edit: to expound further. What a desperate post from a man who occupies the most powerful office in the world, yet is so ill-equipped to occupy it and has no more substantive argument to make than "yeah but..."
Expect Donald Trump swearing he doesn't know Roger Stone!

lol

There is just so much to break down in this tweet. The obvious being that the author is by far the most dishonest name in the entire tweet. Second, the list is probably a lie. Third, it reads like he doesn't believe lying should be a punishable offense, which from his perspective is at least consistent, and convenient.

But the most interesting tidbit to me, is his use of "they". "They"- which he usually uses when describing his enemies/Democrats- this time was a jury comprised of Stone's peers and Trump's constituents. That's either misleading, or demented. How dare "we"? Think about that.

There is just so much to break down in this tweet. The obvious being that the author is by far the most dishonest name in the entire tweet. Second, the list is probably a lie. Third, it reads like he doesn't believe lying should be a punishable offense, which from his perspective is at least consistent, and convenient.

But the most interesting tidbit to me, is his use of "they". "They"- which he usually uses when describing his enemies/Democrats- this time was a jury comprised of Stone's peers and Trump's constituents. That's either misleading, or demented. How dare "we"? Think about that.
The fact that people inject this nonsense into their bloodstreams and then scream for more is dangerous for our nation and our society.

lol

He's scared. Has to blame the legitimate people of the world because of how illegitimate he is.

He's scared. Has to blame the legitimate people of the world because of how illegitimate he is.
The desperation is readily apparent. He is going to be impeached, and there's nothing he can do about it. In the annals of history, he will be joining Johnson, Nixon*, and Clinton. Not what he had in mind when he compared himself to Washington and Lincoln.

There's always rubes like @mohoosier to play to:

How Republicans Tried to Manufacture Outrage During Friday’s Impeachment Hearing

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/11/impeachment-hearing-stefanik-nunes-stunt.html

The episode was entirely a stunt, and the incredulity on Nunes and Stefanik’s faces manufactured.

Both Nunes and Stefanik knew what the impeachment resolution said about the rules of the hearing. The entire committee knows what they are. I heard them complain about this particular rule—that the ranking member would only be able to yield time to counsel during these 45-minute periods, ahead of the usual five-minute rounds for each member that would come immediately afterward—when the resolution was released, and I watched them debate it in the Rules Committee. Wednesday’s hearing had already proceeded under precisely the same rules, with Nunes obediently sharing his time with his committee counsel, Steve Castor, and no one else. But, hey, they produced their content: Cult leader Adam Schiff shuts up a Republican woman. Coming soon to five hours of prime-time Fox News coverage.

Later in the hearing, when each member was allotted five minutes for questioning, Stefanik would spend her share submitting into the record a bunch of HuffPost and Vox articles about Adam Schiff, reciting each headline out loud, before yielding back the remainder.​

Reactions: Bill4411

How Republicans Tried to Manufacture Outrage During Friday’s Impeachment Hearing

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/11/impeachment-hearing-stefanik-nunes-stunt.html

The episode was entirely a stunt, and the incredulity on Nunes and Stefanik’s faces manufactured.

Both Nunes and Stefanik knew what the impeachment resolution said about the rules of the hearing. The entire committee knows what they are. I heard them complain about this particular rule—that the ranking member would only be able to yield time to counsel during these 45-minute periods, ahead of the usual five-minute rounds for each member that would come immediately afterward—when the resolution was released, and I watched them debate it in the Rules Committee. Wednesday’s hearing had already proceeded under precisely the same rules, with Nunes obediently sharing his time with his committee counsel, Steve Castor, and no one else. But, hey, they produced their content: Cult leader Adam Schiff shuts up a Republican woman. Coming soon to five hours of prime-time Fox News coverage.

Later in the hearing, when each member was allotted five minutes for questioning, Stefanik would spend her share submitting into the record a bunch of HuffPost and Vox articles about Adam Schiff, reciting each headline out loud, before yielding back the remainder.​

Are you saying republicans know to keep things simple when it comes to manipulating their base because they know their base won’t bother reading up on anything and just take whatever is spoon fed to them?

It's really hard to believe anyone was dumb enough to fall for this.

The good news is Stefanik is running for re-election next year and her little stunt gained her opponent over $500,000 in donations in less than 24 hours. Of course, Stefanik, as all GOP these days, was playing to an audience of one and probably angling for a cabinet position when the next one quits or heads to prison.

I suffered through one of those speeches for some reason that escapes me right now, but one of the speakers summed things nicely. Given the podium and addressing the crowd, he turned to the president and said what I learned from this man is that "I may lose the debate but I will win the argument".
What an excellent summation. I'm right and yer wrong regardless of facts or reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT