ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Mueller Time ....running thread

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
Opening statements as expected. Dems want to talk about Trump, GOP wants to talk about how it began. Wish it was later in the day and it could be a drinking game. How many times will GOP bring up “the lovers.” I expect nothing new. Just the hope that people that haven’t read are watching, so they get the facts from his mouth, not from Barr’s interpretation.

Nadler doing a pretty good job. Mueller says he won’t speak about the origins of the investigation, so not sure what GOP will focus on.

Yawn. He’s not gonna say much and I doubt anything new will come out of this. If anything, the republicans and the president will get to claim victory.

Let’s move on to the 2020 election and deal with matters that can be controlled.

Republicans going very aggressively after Mueller. He’s not happy.

Yawn. He’s not gonna say much and I doubt anything new will come out of this. If anything, the republicans and the president will get to claim victory.

Let’s move on to the 2020 election and deal with matters that can be controlled.
We’ll see. A lot of people think this is the preliminary for impeachment.

Opening statements as expected. Dems want to talk about Trump, GOP wants to talk about how it began. Wish it was later in the day and it could be a drinking game. How many times will GOP bring up “the lovers.” I expect nothing new. Just the hope that people that haven’t read are watching, so they get the facts from his mouth, not from Barr’s interpretation.
I think this is an easily lampoonable event for SNL.

I also think the prep done by questioners before the hearing probably sounded a lot better in prep (in their own minds any way) than it does in the actual hearing. That's probably not unusual, but the questioners are not responding to the actual tone of Mueller. They're not exactly reading the room.

Every other questioner is a Putin stooge. Interesting format.

What's indisputable, except by Russians, is that the Russian Government systematically and aggressively interfered in our 2016 elections and their interference helped get Trump elected. Republicans want to deflect from this fact because they're helped by the Russians undermining our democracy. Are Republicans the new Russians?

How low have the Republicans fallen? Under rotting trees you find maggots.

I’m sure GOP is not happy they can’t ask about the start of the investigation, since that’s all they care about, but I’m not sure their aggressive attacks on Mueller is doing them much good.

I’m sure GOP is not happy they can’t ask about the start of the investigation, since that’s all they care about, but I’m not sure their aggressive attacks on Mueller is doing them much good.
Yea, Mueller totally neutered that attack plan. Exposed them as the eunuchs they are.

I think this is an easily lampoonable event for SNL.

I also think the prep done by questioners before the hearing probably sounded a lot better in prep (in their own minds any way) than it does in the actual hearing. That's probably not unusual, but the questioners are not responding to the actual tone of Mueller. They're not exactly reading the room.
"Respectfully, sir, RESPECTFULLY, isn't it not true that the declination decision wasn't not predicated on the office of special counsel's report's not giving guidance not to charge not having collusion -- and RESPECTFULLY -- isn't it not accurate that it doesn't say on the bottom of page 2 of your report that collusion isn't not synonymous with not conspiracy -- okay i'll repeat that, isn't it not not on the bottom of page 23 that it isn't not the difference with what you didn't say right there on page 45 and I'll take that as a yes -- and isn't it not also not true that it's not ......."

Reactions: UncleMark
Basic GOP argument: Even though the Trump Administration was obstructing justice in at least ten different ways, because Mueller wasn't going to indict Trump, he shouldn't have investigated Trump for obstruction of justice.

In other words, the President of the United States of America is not above the law, but if he's a Republican, he shouldn't be investigated during his presidency even if he's guilty.

Shorter Pub: If your investigation uncovers illegal deeds by the Republican POTUS, ignore them and don't include them in your confidential report.

I'm definitely sexist. I love southern drawl by southern belles. I'm sick of it by unctuous southern beaus.

GOP just screaming , spittle coming out of their mouth. Hilarious. Mueller is getting pissed at these guys. 5 straight minutes of lies and attacks and asking no questions and giving him no time to respond. I assume it will play to their base.

Gotta say it. Democrats are wasting a golden opportunity. Their narcissistic fascination with their own voices needs to be stifled. They keep reading the Mueller Report. They should ask him to read it, point by point. That would give them a devastating arsenal of weapons in ads in the election. Mueller's damning statements in Mueller's own voice. Nothing else holds remotely the same power.

Sad.

This reminds me of the Kavanaugh hearings. It's to bad Linseed can't be there to yell at Mueller for making disparaging remarks about the character of Trump.

In other words, I don't recall Mueller uttering the words, "The report does not exonerate President Trump." Envision a 30-second ad in which Trump and Barr's statement the report exonerates Trump counter-pointed with Mueller's contrary statement, over and over and over. Devastating.

What is the point of a hearing where the witness merely repeats, "I refer you to the write-up in the report". This is a complete and total waste. Notwithstanding, the public has already moved on.

Notwithstanding, the public has already moved on.

I think that is the critical point. Only political junkies care at this point, or people who REALLY want Trump impeached. I think Congress should hear from him, but the Democrats should have been downplaying this. He isn't going to come out and say, "guilty" and nothing else is going to move the needle.

Aha! We finally got to the lovers! Lol
GOP just screaming , spittle coming out of their mouth. Hilarious. Mueller is getting pissed at these guys. 5 straight minutes of lies and attacks and asking no questions and giving him no time to respond. I assume it will play to their base.
I can't listen or watch, but following here:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/muel...udiciary-committee_n_5d371279e4b0419fd3334066

...it sounds like Gohmert is going full on Gohmert.

What is the point of a hearing where the witness merely repeats, "I refer you to the write-up in the report". This is a complete and total waste. Notwithstanding, the public has already moved on.
I never thought it was going to move anyone much, because I assume anyone interested already knows.

Aha! We finally got to the lovers! Lol
I can't listen or watch, but following here:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/muel...udiciary-committee_n_5d371279e4b0419fd3334066

...it sounds like Gohmert is going full on Gohmert.
Yup that’s the one talking when I posted that.

The only point of this hearing is for people to hear what Mueller actually wrote and not the BS Barr tried to put out to the people.

There is no other purpose.

The key question is, what has the public moved on from? Russian interference is only going to increase. Trump's wall of obstruction needs to be exposed. The purpose of this hearing, politically speaking, is to get soundbites from Mueller's own voice that counter Barr's and Trump's lies. Those soundbites would be played endlessly this week and from now until 2020.

Gotta say it. Democrats are wasting a golden opportunity. Their narcissistic fascination with their own voices needs to be stifled. They keep reading the Mueller Report. They should ask him to read it, point by point. That would give them a devastating arsenal of weapons in ads in the election. Mueller's damning statements in Mueller's own voice. Nothing else holds remotely the same power.

Sad.
I don’t think he would do that. Doesn’t he just say I refer you to the report?

Reactions: outside shooter
No one has asked him to read from the report sentence X or sentence Y. Why wouldn't he do it?

It might take him 5 minutes to read one sentence the way he’s struggling. I hope they have him read. No one will be able to follow because of the stuttering.

When House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler asked Mueller if it was true that his Russia investigation report did not clear the president of obstruction of justice, Mueller answered, “Correct—it is not what the report said.”

“What about total exoneration?” Nadler (D-NY) asked, referring to a phrase the president has tweeted many times. “Did you actually totally exonerate the president?”

“No,” Mueller replied.

He also confirmed that Trump refused to sit for an interview with his team.

Does Mueller have the onset of dementia? This is painful watching this guy. This a a disaster for Mueller and Dems. He must not have been in control at all. Was Weissmann in charge?
I knew someone would make this charge, but I have to confess that I'm surprised it's you who raised it, stollpa. I thought you were smarter than this.

In answer to your question, Mueller is a career prosecutor/lawyer, which requires thoughtfulness and careful consideration of the language used in asking a question or making a statement. That's why his predominant response has been to refer questioners back to the report. He simply is not going to engage in the rapid-fire, gotcha talking points back and forth that the GOP congressmen and women are generally engaging in.

Mueller's testimony is buttressing the report, essentially stating that (a) Trump engaged in obstruction of justice, and (b) Trump can be prosecuted after he leaves office. The only question on the table is whether Democrats in congress can move the American public enough to gain support for beginning impeachment proceedings. This decision isn't just a short-term political calculation, it includes the potential for having impeachment proceedings in play in the event that Trump is re-elected.

Does Mueller have the onset of dementia? This is painful watching this guy. This a a disaster for Mueller and Dems. He must not have been in control at all. Was Weissmann in charge?
It might take him 5 minutes to read one sentence the way he’s struggling. I hope they have him read. No one will be able to follow because of the stuttering.
Really? Anyone else think he's having a bad showing?

No one has asked him to read from the report sentence X or sentence Y. Why wouldn't he do it?
Because he's not only nonpolitical, he's apolitical. He's not going to give Democrats words from his mouth to use in election ads. Your suggestion that he would, and should, just isn't realistic.

Really? Anyone else think he's having a bad showing?
Reverse the process and have Mueller ask these folks questions and he'd carve them up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

This is a political arena, and he's simply not going to be the political animal that the congress folks on both sides are.

Reactions: iuwclurker
Omg. Uh uh uh uh uh uh I refer you to the report. This guy is a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT