ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any real doubt that baby boomers are the worst US generation ever?

crimsonlaw

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
If the WWII generation was the "greatest generation ever," then are their kids the worst? I love it how they also tend to bitch the most about the way things are now, seemingly failing to realize that they made the world the way it is now.

(limiting this to the United States)

The "Greatest Generation" won WWII, then came home and made sure they got all the government benefits they could. Their children are still paying for that, and are pissed they're not getting the same for not winning in Vietnam.

If the WWII generation was the "greatest generation ever," then are their kids the worst? I love it how they also tend to bitch the most about the way things are now, seemingly failing to realize that they made the world the way it is now.

How can a generation be the greatest if they raised such horrible children??? Is raising kids not on the grading scale??

How can a generation be the greatest if they raised such horrible children??? Is raising kids not on the grading scale??

Very valid question. The reverse isn't necessarily true. For example, I think Generation X is proving to be a very solid generation. Does that mean the Baby Boomers were good parents? I say no. After all, Generation X is well known to be the generation of latchkey kids.

Hell, yes, there's a doubt.

The children of the Revolutionary War generation had a lot of graft, stupidity and incompetence, with the notable exception of John Quincy Adams.

The boomers invented Earth Day and what used to be called "ecology."

The way the world "is now" is indeed worse for many Americans but it is largely inevitable, given the improvements in communications that make it possible for worldwide businesses to be managed from a central location.

Improvements in/standardization of language skills made it possible for many, many countries (including a bunch that have back-burnered environmental concerns in order to advance economic goals) to develop a work force that can build complicated objects like cars and computers which they could never have done after WWII.

My reply is simplistic but so is the OP.

The "Greatest Generation" won WWII,
yoda-wars-not-make-one-great.jpg

Reactions: Rakkasan29

Boomers is a pretty broad term.Think of how desolate the music scene would be if there was no "Woodstock Generation"...

The Worst generation is the current one - The Buttercup Snowflake Generation that needs free stuff and safe spaces and thinks "oppression" is guys who broke the law getting arrested, and who will believe any anti-government fact ever alleged.

FREE JOHN WILKES BOOTH!!!
He IS INNOCENT!!!

And music has never been worse.
I just looked up the Billboard Top 100

puke and bile

While we are on the subject, man I am tired of these old fkrs complaining about SS benefits not being an entitlement but something they paid for.

Um no gramps, it is a handout (for you and your parents). Your parents paid nothing or little next to nothing and got free money.
You paid a little money (to cover your parents) and get a check for 5-10 times more than if you had put that money in a 401K.
Your children get to contribute (to cover your retirement) and are essentially stocking away money at zero percent interest.
And your grandchildren get to contribute (to cover your children) at a negative rate because, man, liberals are dumb and don't ever think things through.

Also, I'm tired of certain family members on bookface complaining about being turned down for disability after the last 5 years complaining about people collecting welfare and wotnot. So you had a heart attack and ???? bypass surgery at 52-ish. Because no one has ever worked again after getting a few stints. Take better care of yourself. And stop checking in at Ponderosa and Arby's.

While we are on the subject, man I am tired of these old fkrs complaining about SS benefits not being an entitlement but something they paid for.

Um no gramps, it is a handout (for you and your parents). Your parents paid nothing or little next to nothing and got free money.
You paid a little money (to cover your parents) and get a check for 5-10 times more than if you had put that money in a 401K.
Your children get to contribute (to cover your retirement) and are essentially stocking away money at zero percent interest.
And your grandchildren get to contribute (to cover your children) at a negative rate because, man, liberals are dumb and don't ever think things through.

Also, I'm tired of certain family members on bookface complaining about being turned down for disability after the last 5 years complaining about people collecting welfare and wotnot. So you had a heart attack and ???? bypass surgery at 52-ish. Because no one has ever worked again after getting a few stints. Take better care of yourself. And stop checking in at Ponderosa and Arby's.
stents.
On top of all you pointed out above, your employer also kicks in!

Reactions: IU88

You must really hate Ida May Fuller. Chick paid in a total of $24.75 into the program, and got back a total of $20,944.42. That's HRC cattle futures kinda profit.

IdaMayFuller.jpg

"It's a generational transfer of wealth, plain and simple. Rob from the young and give to the old."

That always gets 'em riled up.

There's a reason I put "Greatest Generation" in scare quotes.
I figured as much. I just wanted to post a Yoda meme. Which apparently offended a Trumptard and made him bleat an example of Trumptardian fool logic. So, it all worked out ..

The Worst generation is the current one - The Buttercup Snowflake Generation that needs free stuff and safe spaces and thinks "oppression" is guys who broke the law getting arrested, and who will believe any anti-government fact ever alleged.

He IS INNOCENT!!!

puke and bile

Music is the same as it always was. It's just that the business men that control mainstream media (baby boomers) won't record it or let it be played. In fact, music today among the 20 something's and younger is far more eclectic and not as boxed in by genre or era as previous music was.

So I'd have to argue that musicians today and music today are the same as they ever were. And it's actually your fk'd up power hungry consumer generation, in their starched white greedy little pig shirts and ties, that are actually the ones ruining the mainstream music.

Reactions: Rakkasan29

He IS INNOCENT!!!

puke and bile
We call the latest generation the worst while we were the ones that created them. Every generation since Adam and Eve could be pointed out for the terrible deeds they have done.
Cain and able pointed back with respect to the apple incident. I suppose it has been that way ever since.

And the dinosaurs they rode on..
The dinosaurs blamed the primitive reptiles and the marine life that were too lazy to drag themselves out of the water to get a job!

Last edited:
The dinosaurs blamed the primitive reptiles and the marine life that were too lazy to drag themselves out of the water to get a job!
I actually agree with you.

Furthermore ...

There's no fundamental difference between any generation except the circumstances they live through.

He IS INNOCENT!!!

puke and bile

In my opinion, 70's music is the best of all time. Of course, I am a Baby Boomer.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
My parents, both passed on now, were boomers. What I see in that generation is a VERY selfish generation. They brought divorce to the masses, they brought me,me,me,me to the masses and terrible money habits.

Other than that, they've done well and are currently being bailed out by pension funds. I'm not a big boomer fan.

"why don't you all f-fade away"

Well, enjoy voting for that lying bit*h that won't be able to remember her name by the time she is inaugurated.
More Trumptardian logic? You get there's more than two choices, right? And, I can always not vote.

Moops is too cool.

Reactions: staggs50
There's an outside chance we may get a definitive answer to this by Nov. 9. We can look at who showed up to vote, who did not, and what ballots were cast by generation, and we may get conclusive proof of which generation is responsible for the downfall of America.

Reactions: IUecho87
There's an outside chance we may get a definitive answer to this by Nov. 9. We can look at who showed up to vote, who did not, and what ballots were cast by generation, and we may get conclusive proof of which generation is responsible for the downfall of America.

63351342139669493514.jpg

This is such a no brainer. I find it ironic that the generation that probably has it more "right" is Gen X. And no, the baby boomer parents cannot take credit for at least raising good kids, since Gex X is also the latchkey generation.

The boomers are such a drain on resources (although this isn't necessarily their fault).

This is such a no brainer. I find it ironic that the generation that probably has it more "right" is Gen X. And no, the baby boomer parents cannot take credit for at least raising good kids, since Gex X is also the latchkey generation.

The boomers are such a drain on resources (although this isn't necessarily their fault).
Yea, let's just kill them all, that'll teach them to get old.

Reactions: largemouth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT