ADVERTISEMENT

Indy

How is it possible that a car won’t start at the beginning of the race? That seems to happen every once in a while and I don’t get it. Isn’t that a basic check before the race to make sure the car starts?

Talk about an anticlimactic start to the race…wait around for 4 extra hours only to have the first lap cut short by a three car accident coming out of turn 1. Three yellow flags by lap 28…Penske just walked out to his Winnebago to take a sh*t.

How is it possible that a car won’t start at the beginning of the race? That seems to happen every once in a while and I don’t get it. Isn’t that a basic check before the race to make sure the car starts?
Computer glitch in the steering wheel. Expect head(s) to roll. Cars, along with life in general, have gotten too high tech, too problematic.

Reactions: NPT and mcmurtry66
Computer glitch in the steering wheel. Expect head(s) to roll. Cars, along with life in general, have gotten too high tech, too problematic.
Yes but even my car starts 99% of the time and I don’t have people whose sole job is to make sure it works all the time. Crazy. And it happens every other year to someone.

I shouldn't laugh at that, but literally three minutes ago, I just explained to Mama Goat why they were "the bad luck family." The name everyone knows that hasn't won in half a century.
I would love to see Marco win, or even the team win, but the reality is they won't. I don't think they have near the resources Penske has.

He seems to be doing everything right. It would almost be a shame if he doesn't get it.
Luck now becomes huge. There was that cold 500 back in the 90s, cars including the pole sitter wrecked on the parade laps. It was so cold, there was no grip.

I worry there will be a yellow and the restart on cold tires on a cold track will turn this into a luck of the draw.

Luck now becomes huge. There was that cold 500 back in the 90s, cars including the pole sitter wrecked on the parade laps. It was so cold, there was no grip.

I worry there will be a yellow and the restart on cold tires on a cold track will turn this into a luck of the draw.
I hate the fact that too much can come down to when the caution happens in relation to which pit strategy you're on. Not sure what can be done about that, but it's just gambling. They call it "strategy," but it's really just buying a particular fuel lottery ticket and hoping your number pops up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT