ADVERTISEMENT

Indy Star says things are moving fast….

BayernFan

Hall of Famer
Sep 4, 2001
Tristan da cunha
But the article is behind a paywall. Judging from response I’d GUESS that Cignetti and Herman are strong in the mix. Maybe someone who pays for the Star can tell us.

But the article is behind a paywall. Judging from response I’d GUESS that Cignetti and Herman are strong in the mix. Maybe someone who pays for the Star can tell us.
I'd take either one in a heartbeat. The only difference, Herman after a couple of good years may bolt for greener pastures. Cignetti at his age probably wouldn't. For that very reason, I'd pick Cignetti.

Last edited:
I'd take either one in a heartbeat. The only difference, Herman after a couple of good years may bolt for greener pastures. Cignetti at his age probably wouldn't.

Yea, probably be more of a waddle to greener pastures for Cignetti (just kidding).

I'm good with Cignetti.. although how many years we could get before having to find his replacement.

Doesn't really look like there's anything new in the article as far as I can tell, just a reshuffling? I'd bet that Osterman gives a little more insight, albeit covert, whenever he drops his daily video on the football search over at his youtube page.

Doesn't really look like there's anything new in the article as far as I can tell, just a reshuffling? I'd bet that Osterman gives a little more insight, albeit covert, whenever he drops his daily video on the football search over at his youtube page.
Thanks Mr. Osterman... Er I mean nichlee. I'll check out your...that YouTube page right away. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: nichlee
Yea, probably be more of a waddle to greener pastures for Cignetti (just kidding).

I'm good with Cignetti.. although how many years we could get before having to find his replacement.
Not to bring politics in to this...but many of us routinely, and enthusiastically, vote for people well into their 60's and 70s, for pretty important public offices.

Yet we're worried about a football coach that's 62? In a day and age when coordinators have more and more of a direct impact on the success of a program?

He's coached and recruited just fine in recent years.

I think Cignetti would be an awesome hire. Make sure his staff jives with what will be needed at IU, in the B10, etc... but attempt to bring all of them in. And if there are any that its agreed that they don't fit, or that they don't want to come to Bloomington, go find the best coordinator or position coach money can buy.

Not to bring politics in to this...but many of us routinely, and enthusiastically, vote for people well into their 60's and 70s, for pretty important public offices.

Yet we're worried about a football coach that's 62? In a day and age when coordinators have more and more of a direct impact on the success of a program?

He's coached and recruited just fine in recent years.

I think Cignetti would be an awesome hire. Make sure his staff jives with what will be needed at IU, in the B10, etc... but attempt to bring all of them in. And if there are any that its agreed that they don't fit, or that they don't want to come to Bloomington, go find the best coordinator or position coach money can buy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Cignetti.

Are you kidding? Except for Hop, IU coaches always outlive their contracts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT