ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana GOP doing all they can....

Yep, that's been their main goal ever since Obama carried the state. Suddenly, they didn't have money for all the extra voting places, extra times, etc. Seems like many in the GOP are all about keeping people from voting, not making it simpler to vote. Wonder why that is?

Reactions: DrHoops
Yep, that's been their main goal ever since Obama carried the state. Suddenly, they didn't have money for all the extra voting places, extra times, etc. Seems like many in the GOP are all about keeping people from voting, not making it simpler to vote. Wonder why that is?

When I lived in Hamilton Cty voting was a very simple proposition. Early voting sites were abundant....and lines on election day were non-existent.

Only when moving to Marion country did I learn you need to plan your day around voting.....because you can't early vote unless you go downtown, pay to park somewhere, and wait forever. And then election day means lines and an hour+ wait. Oh and polls close at 6p statewide....like its still fking 1950....so good luck going after work.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I really find that disturbing.

When I lived in Hamilton Cty voting was a very simple proposition. Early voting sites were abundant....and lines on election day were non-existent.

Only when moving to Marion country did I learn you need to plan your day around voting.....because you can't early vote unless you go downtown, pay to park somewhere, and wait forever. And then election day means lines and an hour+ wait. Oh and polls close at 6p statewide....like its still fking 1950....so good luck going after work.

I live in a white bread, moderately GOP suburb of Fort Wayne. It's not even really rich, just middle class, with a smattering of upper middle class here and there.

Never waited in line. Voted in every primary and every general since I moved back to Indiana. Never waited once.

And what would the difference be in Hamilton Co and Marion Co ... that GOP want yo make it easier to vote in one and not the other. Let me ponder...

I live in a white bread, moderately GOP suburb of Fort Wayne. It's not even really rich, just middle class, with a smattering of upper middle class here and there.

Never waited in line. Voted in every primary and every general since I moved back to Indiana. Never waited once.

Never waited a minute to vote, living in every donut county other than Hendricks over the last 18 years. Until Marion county....and not everywhere in Marion county either....never waited when living in Lawrence/Geist area.

Only when I lived in Butler/Tarkington....an area that included a 90+% black neighborhood, did I get to experience the 90+ minute wait you see on TV.

LOL. Apparently Curtis Hill made this move without even warning other officials of his decision. Connie Lawson has already publicly called for him to drop the lawsuit.

What an embarrassment.

What an asshole.

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/937167002?__twitter_impression=true

1) the Indiana state legislature passed a law requiring unanimous consent by the county election board to approve early voting sites.

2) magically....this was ONLY an issue of unanimous consent in the largest county in the state where most of the state wide Democratic votes exist. The Marion county GOP appointed board member opposed early voting in every election since 2008.

3) Federal lawsuit filed based upon corrupt law in part 1.

4) Parties decide to a go along as part of a consent decree....rather than fighting a federal lawsuit...and the parties unanimously agree upon a resolution.

5) Curtis Hill gets drunk and gropes a bunch of GOP women

6) Curtis Hill takes a final shit on the facts and what was left of his pathetic reputation.

Reactions: Rockfish1
What an asshole.

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/937167002?__twitter_impression=true

1) the Indiana state legislature passed a law requiring unanimous consent by the county election board to approve early voting sites.

2) magically....this was ONLY an issue of unanimous consent in the largest county in the state where most of the state wide Democratic votes exist. The Marion county GOP appointed board member opposed early voting in every election since 2008.

3) Federal lawsuit filed based upon corrupt law in part 1.

4) Parties decide to a go along as part of a consent decree....rather than fighting a federal lawsuit...and the parties unanimously agree upon a resolution.

5) Curtis Hill gets drunk and gropes a bunch of GOP women

6) Curtis Hill takes a final shit on the facts and what was left of his pathetic reputation.

To be fair, he didn't have much of a reputation left to shit on.

Reactions: Rockfish1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT