ADVERTISEMENT

IG report looks to be a nothinburger

Bad faith is subjective. Anyone who believes the IG report is a nothingburger is objectively a partisan stupid sycophant.

Oh, it’s something. Just something different than what you say it is. It literally stated that there was no affirmative effort to help Trump.

And more people than just PETER S were involved with siting on the last batch of Clinton emails. At that point, his decision was either to investigate further if Trump and his team were Russian puppets, or take the focus off of that and look at a bunch of likely duplicate emails. That’s what his Atty stated yesterday.

The FBI clearly screwed up. That’s not in dispute. Their actions helped Trump get elected. When they could just as easily have tanked him, like they did Hillary.

If they were out to get Trump, why didn’t they reveal that their was an investigation into his team, and instead revealed that they were re-opening the Clinton email matter?

The narrative being pushed from the far right/team Trump is laughable. It’s an attempt to undermine Mueller. That’s all it is.

For evidence that the report wasn’t what they thought it would be, see Jim Jordan and two other house pub’s request that they see the drafts at the report.

Because the final version clearly didn’t for their pre-conceived narrative, now they want to look for any revisions. If it was what they thought it would be, they would never have written that request.

It’s a lot like the “Nunes” memo- they were hoping it would fulfill their conspiracy theories, and it was a big let down.

Reactions: Bill4411
Ok. You're a tin foil hat wearing liberal idiot. I'm simply making fun of you and others here who get all up in arms for literally everything Trump does. It triggers you all so hard and it's beyond hilarious.

I fully believe there would have been something to show for in the Mueller investigation by this point other than a few Russians indicted and Manafort and Flynn indicted for things unrelated to collusion or obstruction.

I think he's finally restoring our institutions after the disastrous and embarrassing prior eight years under Obama.

Enjoy the next six years! #maga

Yeah. When confronted with things you don’t like, you resort to ad hominem attacks and trolling.

That’s kind of what I expected from you.

There’s no since in me and you furthering discussion. You’re out to lunch.

And, for the last GD time. You have no clue what Mueller knows right now. Absolutely none. The process doesn’t reveal findings along the way- because it’s leak proof and professional.

Could you be right ultimately? Absolutely. Could there be something more there? Absolutely.

I tend to think that the longer this goes, the more they’ve found. They’re working their way up the food chain- just like they do in a mob/criminal investigation.

Mueller is well aware of the stakes, and political implications. He knows that he has to do things by the books- without leaks. And just because it doesn’t fit your timeline, doesn’t make it legitimate.

No celebratory tweets from Trump.How long before the narrative becomes "IG is part of deep state"?

"Former FBI Director James Comey “deviated” from FBI and Justice Department procedures in handling the probe into Hillary Clinton, damaging the law enforcement agencies’ image of impartiality even though he wasn’t motivated by political bias, the department’s watchdog found in a highly anticipated report.

“While we did not find that these decisions were the result of political bias on Comey’s part, we nevertheless concluded that by departing so clearly and dramatically from FBI and department norms, the decisions negatively impacted the perception of the FBI and the department as fair administrators of justice,” Inspector General Michael Horowitz said in the report’s conclusions, which were obtained Thursday by Bloomberg News."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/comey-broke-fbi-procedures-clinton-140732718.html

I'd say the bolded was pretty obvious to most IMPARTIAL observers,given the fact that he didn't mention the fact they were investigating Trump.Oh,and reopening the "investigation" over what they had to believe were duplicate emails,11 days or so before the election...

The report is devastating and disgusting. We learned:
  • The White House was involved with the CI operation of Trump’s campaign
  • Some FBI agents took bribes in exchange to leaking privileges to select media.
  • The anti-trump bias ran wider, deeper, with more severity than we knew.
  • Obama lied about his knowledge of Clinton’s server.
  • The Clinton email account was definitely compromised by foreign agents.
  • The FBI leadership allowed the politics of the 2016 election to disrupt the progress of the Clinton investigation thereby causing the late revealing of the Weiner lap top.
  • The FBI leadership broke protocol in several ways for Clinton’s benefit in her investigation because they all thought she would win and wanted to stay on her good side.
This whole thing is the result of Hillary Clinton’s hubris. She has ruined an agency and several agents are now under criminal investigation. She has torn the political fabric that holds us together. Pleasant dreams Hillary.

Oh and Comey is a bigger, unprofessional and unethical dumbass than we knew. The FBI leadership turned rotten on his watch. Why did he ever get to be FBI Director? Doesn’t speak well for Mueller.
That sounds just like Rudy’s nutty take.

Oh, it’s something. Just something different than what you say it is. It literally stated that there was no affirmative effort to help Trump.

And more people than just PETER S were involved with siting on the last batch of Clinton emails. At that point, his decision was either to investigate further if Trump and his team were Russian puppets, or take the focus off of that and look at a bunch of likely duplicate emails. That’s what his Atty stated yesterday.

The FBI clearly screwed up. That’s not in dispute. Their actions helped Trump get elected. When they could just as easily have tanked him, like they did Hillary.

If they were out to get Trump, why didn’t they reveal that their was an investigation into his team, and instead revealed that they were re-opening the Clinton email matter?

The narrative being pushed from the far right/team Trump is laughable. It’s an attempt to undermine Mueller. That’s all it is.

For evidence that the report wasn’t what they thought it would be, see Jim Jordan and two other house pub’s request that they see the drafts at the report.

Because the final version clearly didn’t for their pre-conceived narrative, now they want to look for any revisions. If it was what they thought it would be, they would never have written that request.

It’s a lot like the “Nunes” memo- they were hoping it would fulfill their conspiracy theories, and it was a big let down.

The suits at the FBI broke protocol and did other things intending minimize damage to Clinton’s campaign. It didn’t work and in a sense backfired. This is further evidence of what unethical idiots Comey + FBI staff was. Now many of them are referred for criminal investigation and others are facing loss of their jobs or agency discipline.

Nothing in the IG report leads to the conclusion that the Mueller probe is illegitimate.

I’m going to start calling you and SNU “Rudy”. Because you’re sounding just like his nutty conspiracy theory self.

That cuz you don’t know what you are talking about. When Comey publicly admitted he hoped and intended his leak to the NYT would result in a special counsel appointment, that was the end of an anti-Trump FBI effort that went on for months, not at the beginning. It’s all in the IG report. It’s disgusting.

That cuz you don’t know what you are talking about. When Comey publicly admitted he hoped and intended his leak to the NYT would result in a special counsel appointment, that was the end of an anti-Trump FBI effort that went on for months, not at the beginning. It’s all in the IG report. It’s disgusting.
Honestly, you have lost your mind. They sat on Hillary's info from Huma. If it had been released earlier, she would have had time to be cleared. They sat on the fact that they knew the Russians were interfering to help Trump, because Comey said everyone already knew that. They sat on the fact that Trump himself was being investigated for Russian ties. Yes, they sure were out to get him, my goodness.

The suits at the FBI broke protocol and did other things intending minimize damage to Clinton’s campaign. It didn’t work and in a sense backfired. This is further evidence of what unethical idiots Comey + FBI staff was. Now many of them are referred for criminal investigation and others are facing loss of their jobs or agency discipline.

My reading of the report is that they did things to harm Clinton's campaign. Comey's comments about Clinton in his press conference on not charging as well as the October surprise both specifically mentioned.

My reading of the report is that they did things to harm Clinton's campaign. Comey's comments about Clinton in his press conference on not charging as well as the October surprise both specifically mentioned.
That isn't merely "your reading" of the report. It's what the report plainly says. Everyone who isn't a shill or a moron can plainly see it. Good luck "quietly explaining" to CO. that he's one or the other.

The report is devastating and disgusting. We learned:
  • The White House was involved with the CI operation of Trump’s campaign
  • Some FBI agents took bribes in exchange to leaking privileges to select media.
  • The anti-trump bias ran wider, deeper, with more severity than we knew.
  • Obama lied about his knowledge of Clinton’s server.
  • The Clinton email account was definitely compromised by foreign agents.
  • The FBI leadership allowed the politics of the 2016 election to disrupt the progress of the Clinton investigation thereby causing the late revealing of the Weiner lap top.
  • The FBI leadership broke protocol in several ways for Clinton’s benefit in her investigation because they all thought she would win and wanted to stay on her good side.
This whole thing is the result of Hillary Clinton’s hubris. She has ruined an agency and several agents are now under criminal investigation. She has torn the political fabric that holds us together. Pleasant dreams Hillary.

Oh and Comey is a bigger, unprofessional and unethical dumbass than we knew. The FBI leadership turned rotten on his watch. Why did he ever get to be FBI Director? Doesn’t speak well for Mueller.
Please redo your post with a link to the specific sections of the report, after each bullet point, that support your statements.

Reactions: Bill4411 and MrBing
I fully believe there would have been something to show for in the Mueller investigation by this point other than a few Russians indicted and Manafort and Flynn indicted for things unrelated to collusion or obstruction.

Maybe it's just me, but given that Flynn, Manafort, Papadopolous, and Gates were indicted for making false statements to the FBI WHILE THEY WERE BEING QUESTIONED ABOUT RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN THE 2016 ELECTION, I'd say their indictments are all very closely related to collusion or obstruction.

The fact that most of them have agreed to cooperate with the investigation probably points to some guilt as well.

The IG report tells us why the October announcement came when it did. The FBI’s intended to not harm Hillary.

Reactions: Lucy01 and SNU0821
It's also humorous that the whole narrative before the election was the number of FBI members that were Trump fans. When do we get to see their emails and texts?

Reactions: cosmickid

Doesn't the report specifically say that no decisions were made to intentionally help any political campaign? That seems at undercut your contention that "The suits at the FBI broke protocol and did other things intending minimize damage to Clinton's campaign."

The report clearly says that the decisions were made to protect faith in our democratic institutions and the reputation of the FBI...not to help any political campaign. Your disgust is misplaced and not reflected in the IG report's recommendations.

Correct...I mean, that's what it says if you actually read the report.

The IG report tells us why the October announcement came when it did. The FBI’s intended to not harm Hillary.

Directly quoted from the report:

"We found no evidence that Comey’s decision to send the October 28 letter was influenced by political preferences. "

This is the key question about CO. Hoosier's posts: Is he dense, or is he dishonest? It's impossible to know for sure, but I've concluded that he consciously posts in bad faith -- as he's doing here. He's just a more highly evolved troll than the mouth-breathing morons I have set to "Ignore".
There are more options. For example partisanship

There are more options. For example partisanship
If partisanship causes someone to believe things that are false, then that would fall into my "dense" category. (It's at least theoretically possible to "quietly explain" things to those in this category.) If partisanship causes someone to say things they know are false, then that would fall into my "dishonest" category. (It's a waste of time to do anything but openly mock those in this category.)

Directly quoted from the report:

"We found no evidence that Comey’s decision to send the October 28 letter was influenced by political preferences. "

Yep. The report is replete with references about agency bias. Would that be racial, sex, or religious bias? As a remedial measure Director Ray said he intends to provide anti-bias training from top to bottom and for all employees. He sounded like the Starbucks Chairman.

And you're a perfect example of a dim witted, head in the sand , ignore all facts Trump supporter. You should be embarrassed, but you're just not smart enough. Just like in yesterday's thread, arguing about things you know nothing about. Go back to your coloring books.
^^^^Triggered Millennial^^^^

No. That is not at all how the criminal justice system works, at least not how it used to work before we learned that the FBI leadership’s mission was to get Trump. Cohen and Manafort investigations are not part of the collusion investigation. We are supposed to investigate crimes not people. Prosecuting people is what Putin does.

WTH? You don't think Cohen is part of the case for Collusion? You think they are pressuring Cohen just to get him to incriminate Trump for Stormy?You think THAT tidbit,that they basically already know,would be enough to get Cohen a good conduct medal?

They want Cohen for the meeting with Russian Hackers and the coordinated effort to plan the social media operation.Like a lot of "sourced material" in this investigation,this report surfaced in April,hung around a weeks or so then just generally disappeared from the headlines.

But it was never refuted,and I imagine Mueller was content to let it drift out of the public consciousness.That doesn't mean it isn't info that will come out in the wash,and imo it provides the most solid bit of info that Cohen could provide.The only truly "get out of jail" ticket he could provide that would interest Mueller...

"The Justice Department special counsel has evidence that Donald Trump’s personal lawyer and confidant, Michael Cohen, secretly made a late-summer trip to Prague during the 2016 presidential campaign, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

Confirmation of the trip would lend credence to a retired British spy’s report that Cohen strategized there with a powerful Kremlin figure about Russian meddling in the U.S. election.

It would also be one of the most significant developments thus far in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation of whether the Trump campaign and the Kremlin worked together to help Trump win the presidency"

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...t-trip-to-prague-during-campaign-sources-say/

It's also humorous that the whole narrative before the election was the number of FBI members that were Trump fans. When do we get to see their emails and texts?
I really don't remember that. Do you have some links to stories about FBI Trump fans? I can't find it with any search I've tried. I'd like to have a couple links to that for a guy I work with is convinced that the FBI was in the tank for Hillary. It would be fun to show him some FBI Trump fan articles. :D

I really don't remember that. Do you have some links to stories about FBI Trump fans? I can't find it with any search I've tried. I'd like to have a couple links to that for a guy I work with is convinced that the FBI was in the tank for Hillary. It would be fun to show him some FBI Trump fan articles. :D
I’ll look. I remember it specifically when the Comey stuff came out 10 days before the election. Because word was that Comey was afraid the Trump faction of the FBI would leak it if he didn’t. Honestly, it may have been a podcast or cable, but I’ll search too.

Reactions: UncleMark
The whole “Comey/the deep state were our to get Trump!” Argument has always been ridiculous. If that’s what Comey and the FBI did, they did almost everything completely wrong. And I’m sure they’re smarter than that.

Trump is simply lashing out at the Mueller investigation, and the firing of Comey is what kicked it off. He doesn’t care what damage he does to our intelligence institutions- he’s going to go down swinging all the way.

Comey was out in a bad situation by the boneheaded actions of Loretta Lynch, when she met with Bill Clinton on a Phoenix tarmac. Both she and Bill should have known better. Because of that, he was thrust into the oversight position- which is something Lynch should’ve been in control of for the entire time.

If you look at Comey’s actions individually, you can see why he did what he did- he had bad choices, and worse choices.

I still blame him for Trump winning, I really think the announcement ten days before the election swung enough votes to Trump to make the difference. He did that because he knew that the info about Weiner’s laptop was very likely to leak (it does appear that Giuliani knew- he was hinting at it). I think that’s why he did it- but he shouldn’t have done it.

Looking forward to reading all the way through this report later. From the limited amount I’ve read so far, it’ll say this- poor decisions were made- but they were guided by a sense of doing he right thing vs political animus.

Wait!! Comey caused HRC to lose? THAT CANT BE!!! Everyone know it was the Russians!!

Also, when a high level official of the FBI is saying “we will stop Trump from being elected”, all Americans should be outraged.

Revised to correct error on Strzok’s position.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
My Bad: Strzok rose to the position of Deputy Assistant Director of the Counterintelligence Division
Yes your bad. Lots of “your bad” comin from the guys with whom I used to affiliate. Shitloads of “your bad”. Get your facts straight. The republic is at risk.

Wait!! Comey caused HRC to lose? THAT CANT BE!!! Everyone know it was the Russians!!

Also, when a high level official of the FBI is saying “we will stop Trump from being elected”, all Americans should be outraged.

Well they should have stopped him from being elected, if they did indeed think it was possible he was a Russian agent. But obviously they decided to let the investigation play out. What All Americans should be outraged about is the obviously unfit man in office. He told 19 lies on tape in his few short interviews this morning. Katy Tur has them documented,

And you make yourself look silly there. Obviously in such a close election, any number of things were part of it and would have changed things. Obviously the Russian influence. Obviously Comey. How is that so difficult to comprehend?

Well they should have stopped him from being elected, if they did indeed think it was possible he was a Russian agent. But obviously they decided to let the investigation play out. What All Americans should be outraged about is the obviously unfit man in office. He told 19 lies on tape in his few short interviews this morning. Katy Tur has them documented,
I hope you don’t really mean that the FBI should have stopped him from becoming president if they suspected him of being an agent. That’s not how our constitution works.

I hope you don’t really mean that the FBI should have stopped him from becoming president if they suspected him of being an agent. That’s not how our constitution works.

That is how Zeke's tribe works though. She lets it slip, just a little every once in a while. Pitiful.

I think we should have known he was under investigation, just as we knew Hillary was. Trump played that card day in and day out, while all the time his investigation was going on. I understand the reasons that they didn't, but still think they should have.

Reactions: cosmickid
Yeah you should be proud of your tribe right now. For sure. It's been quite a week for Trumpland.

I spent the week at the Javitz center this week. At night, when its quiet you can hear faint crying. Some say its from the 2016 election night. I am not sure though.

Reactions: SNU0821
You don’t remember it because it wasn’t “the narrative” that Zeke claimed it was. If it was, we’d all remember it. I googled it a few different ways and found one article in The Guardian that said the FBI was “Trumpland” and a few moonbat sites that referenced that article. There may be other articles out there that make that claim, but I didn’t see them. Based on the scarcity of such reporting and that neither you or I remember this narrative, I would say there was no “FBI Trump fan” narrative at all.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t be at alll surprised if the FBI is home to more than its fair share of Republicans. However, I think they strive hard, like our Republican leaning military, to be apolitical in the execution of their duties. On the other other hand, Trump isn’t a standard Republican (he’s definitely a RINO, in my opinion) and I can’t imagine he’d be universally favored to be President by Republicans in the FBI even if they allowed partisanship influence them in their duties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT