ADVERTISEMENT

If this is accurate, wow

But that doesn't increase the availabilty of recharge nor the capacity of the grid to produce and distibute the necessary electricity. It also doesn't provide any help in reducing the polution created in building the base power supply like coal, natural gas, oil or nuclear power, wind, solar required to generate enough power to provide the electricity for EVs nationwide.
It matters little to me anyway since Ill never own one of those things,
"There will never be enough gas stations to support gasoline vehicles. My horse and buggy can get fueled anywhere along the side of the road."

Reactions: outside shooter
I need to make it up there. We have a pizza place here that will have their beer on tap sometimes, and it's usually pretty good.
Bad Dad makes really good beer. Their food is damn good too. They do a New Haven style pie that's also fire.

They own a more upscale restaurant that's attached to the brewery. I've never been but I've heard it is also very good.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
So excluding the gheys, amirite?
dan levy comedy GIF by CBC

My favorite car of all time was the 1987 Buick Grand National. I didn't have one, but my buddy's dad bought it--felt like a rocket ship taking off at the light and was a sharp looking car. Fast forward to 2023 and I rode in the electric Ford Mustang. Man, just lightening fast and helluva good looking car. Definitely the most fun car I've been in.

If I was looking for a toy--it would be that Mustang. Otherwise, until they can improve the distance traveled and the infrastructure to support the cars, I drive too much to consider an EV.

My brother-in-law is one of the senior VPs at Ford and the car companies would love to make a switch to producing all electric due to how easy they are to make and assemble but the infrastructure and inconsistent regulations between states makes it impossible. It is going to be awhile
I wouldn't recommend one for the Michigan winters.

But as a commuter car in warmer climates, they're great. My daughter and son-in-law have a Bolt and a Tesla. They love it. Of course, they go with my environment destroyer when we have to go more than 50 miles out of town.

Reactions: Mark Milton
I'm old enough to remember when "free Internet" in hotels was a big consideration for some of us nerds. I stayed in one in Saskatoon where they gave you a wireless NIC card if your laptop didn't have wireless capability built in.
Saskatoon triggers my memory of one of my favorite tunes

Reactions: UncleMark
Friend of our got a Rivian probably a year and a half ago. Gave me a ride the day he got it. Wow just wow. Couldn’t believe the acceleration. The range doesn’t affect me as I probably drive about 7k miles a year just around the Bonita Springs, Naples, Ft. Myers area.
Pro tip: excellent breaded pork tenderloin at the North Bonita Country Club, opened recently on old 41 behind Landsdowne Street.

Detroit style is better version of the place that used to be in the Gables, Garcias. Denser and less like toppings on a piece of texas toast.
Have you been to Buffalouies there now? Holy crap, that place is crowded. Going before a game is insane.

That's a good comparison. Detroit style can fire if you find the right ones.

Weird place that has fire Detroit pizza. Bad Dad Brewery in Fairmont Indiana.
Shares a building with Grains and Grill - an excellent restaurant.

Reactions: mrhighlife
I need to make it up there. We have a pizza place here that will have their beer on tap sometimes, and it's usually pretty good.
Go to the restaurant in the same building - Grains and Grill. It's excellent. Make a reservation. Kind of like a larger Bonge's with locally brewed beer.

The deep dish. Detroit style and deep dish Sicilian are close cousins.
Turns out the place is take out. This wasn’t like deep dish or Chicago it was more like bread pizza. Way back in my mind it’s how I thought of noble Roman’s as hooky said. My daughter immediately said this is just like jets.

Not bad. I liked it. But Detroit style wouldn’t be a go to. More once in a while

Owner, Ed Schwartzman is a great guy.
Eh. He’s kinda full of shit. And himself. But agree he’s usually well intentioned.

I have to be honest though, I went there for dinner tonight and that’s about the third consecutive time that I’ve been very underwhelmed with my food. I’m not sure what it is, because the bread is really good. The turkey is high-quality, but it just doesn’t really do it for me. And the wings are outrageously expensive.

Eh. He’s kinda full of shit. And himself. But agree he’s usually well intentioned.

I have to be honest though, I went there for dinner tonight and that’s about the third consecutive time that I’ve been very underwhelmed with my food. I’m not sure what it is, because the bread is really good. The turkey is high-quality, but it just doesn’t really do it for me. And the wings are outrageously expensive.
I’ve known him ( not well friend of friend) for years. But know several people who have worked for him and he treats his employees well and we ordered lots from him for sorority and they always did a good job and gave us good discounts and donated to philanthropies. Yeah he probably is a bit full of himself.

I wouldn't recommend one for the Michigan winters.

But as a commuter car in warmer climates, they're great. My daughter and son-in-law have a Bolt and a Tesla. They love it. Of course, they go with my environment destroyer when we have to go more than 50 miles out of town.
Oh, for sure. Too much driving to make electric car worthwhile. At least for now with the infrastructure the way it is. I love the idea, and the acceleration of courses incredible.

I'd love to get some first-hand accounts of feedback on the electric truck. I've read some good reviews, but always the same with the concerns about the range. But I would like to get some direct feedback from someone who actually owns one.

Reactions: DANC
Oh, for sure. Too much driving to make electric car worthwhile. At least for now with the infrastructure the way it is. I love the idea, and the acceleration of courses incredible.

I'd love to get some first-hand accounts of feedback on the electric truck. I've read some good reviews, but always the same with the concerns about the range. But I would like to get some direct feedback from someone who actually owns one.
Range is a concern, especially if you're hauling a heavy load. I have to think that dramatically reduces range. Of course, I don't drive long distances in a truck. If I use one, it's usually for short hauls - hauling dirt, mulch, lumber, etc., from store to home.

The funniest thing is the quizical looks I get from my grandchildren when I fill up with gas in my vehicle.

Reactions: Mark Milton
Have you been to Buffalouies there now? Holy crap, that place is crowded. Going before a game is insane.
In my view the quality has dropped off since they moved from 17th Street or maybe since the original owner passed away, and now his son runs the restaurant. Stale bread on a varsity club is an issue.

I don't know if this has been independently tested, but if someone can produce an EV with 1250 mile range this is game over for gasoline. I suspect though this is just hype with no basis in reality.

It’ll take new infrastructure where they imbed charging coils under the asphalt. Toyota tested this with one of their electric vehicles and it went for just over 1200 miles without stopping.

It’ll take new infrastructure where they imbed charging coils under the asphalt. Toyota tested this with one of their electric vehicles and it went for just over 1200 miles without stopping.
That's got government boondoggle written all over it. The amount of money that will be splashed around is unfathomable.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT