ADVERTISEMENT

How do you brainwash so many at the same time?

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
I’m talking about EV’s. Don’t get me wrong, I’m enough of a free market guy to believe if Ford or Musk want to make EV’s and soccer-moms want to buy them, fine by me. But the brainwashing becomes conspicuous in the belief EV’s are zero emissions and otherwise good for the environment. The latest reveal is Ford’s tearing up of the Amazon landscape in order to mine enough bauxite, to make the aluminum, to build the cars and trucks, to keep the weight down, to compensate for the massive and heavy batteries. The deplorable cobalt mines and the tearing up of wetlands to recover lithium, and the destructive copper mines add to the mix. 500,000 pounds of material must be mined, processed, shipped to China, for each battery for each EV.

And how about the fuel. Our Secretary of Energy, who ought to know about energy, has often said her car runs on sunshine. Um . . .no it doesn’t. Here are the power source data for the mountain states this morning (Megawatt hours)

Wind: 351
Solar: 0
Hydro: 390
Natural Gas: 513
Coal: 3015

These numbers remain fairly constant through the day, weeks, and months. The point is that EV’s run on coal and natural gas, they are not zero emissions, and they are an environmental disaster to produce. Our public policy of not only subsidizing them, but subsidizing their charging stations, and mandating their use in the coming years is an enormous policy blunder. That blunder promises to only become more serious as we demand electrification of cooking and new buildings.

As I’ve often said, nuclear is the only possible a way forward if we exclude coal and natural gas, , but there are no new nuke plants on the drafting boards in the mountain states. Only two are under construction, both along the east coast. Nukes take more than a decade to permit and build. We are 10 years away if we started tomorrow. We need more “dispatchable power” to maintain grid reliability. Renewables are not that. It seems we are headed for an energy disaster of our own making.

Ev‘s are thrust upon us by a big zero emissions clean energy lie that millions accept without question. Fertile minds for brainwashing.

Read the whole thing:

• Haha
Reactions: bigmac76 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT