ADVERTISEMENT

Idea for those great at researching

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
When can, would be cool to see say over the last 2-3 seasons, how those LEAVING IU via transfer portal have fared? So the WR at Pitt, Ivory Winters at SE Missou, Ramsey at NU, Cronk, Cole Gest, Norris, etc.

The Ramsey/Cronk's of world, true 5th yr seniors who have played are one level. Many/most of the others I am not so sure will pan out or will end up at a much smaller school/conference.

Conversely, would also be good to see how the transfer portal tranfers TO IU work out too. Example: Elliott was a home run on DL pick up. Hoping Swann will have an impact on DL this year ahead. But haven't we had those who didn't do what we had hoped as well?

Purely interesting to see overall? And how IU looks on the add/subtract ledger in terms of production.

This is as far as I can get without going through 247 and researching every commit that I fail to recognize the name. **EDIT-- The formatting is weird on how it posts vs. how it looks drafted. First is the year they transferred, second is the year they were signed, 3rd is destination, 4th is results.**

2018 Transfers Yr. Dest. Results

Nick Tronti 2017 FAU 239 RuYds 17-22 180 2 TDs 1 INT (2 yrs lft)
Jonah Morris 2016 Akron 26 Rec 381 yds 1 TD (miss ’19 w/ injury, 1 yr lft)
Devonte Williams 2015 SE Louisiana 23 GP 892 RuYd 720 ReYds 15 Tot. TDs

2017 Transfers Yr. Dest. Results

Tyler Natee 2016 Montana St. 3 GP 12 rushes 34 yds. 2 TDs (retired)
Zeke Walker 2014 SE Louisiana 11 GP 56 Tkl 1 INT 1 FR
Alex Rodriguez 2014(WO) Can’t find information on transfer destination
Phil Benker 2016 UT-Martin DNP as far as I can tell
Taysir Mack 2016 Pitt 23 GP 1,293 ReYds 4 TDs (has 1 yr left)
Austin King 2015 Fordham 7 GP 23-48 278 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Last edited:
This is as far as I can get without going through 247 and researching every commit that I fail to recognize the name. **EDIT-- The formatting is weird on how it posts vs. how it looks drafted. First is the year they transferred, second is the year they were signed, 3rd is destination, 4th is results.**

Good info. From quick looks of it, IU has only had one somewhat significant transfer out prior to this season - Taysir Mack - who then did well at Pitt. Actually hoping/fine if Cronk and Ramsey have great years this year at IA & NU.

Per incoming transfers, Elliott, recent QB, hopefully Swann ahead. I'd say we are not really losing key players (save for Cronk/Ramsey this year) and not enough transfers in to have huge impact yet, but this season the DL may show exactly how they can help.

People who transfer out do open up spots for the future, which if they aren't able to crack line up, is good for the program.

Looking ahead, could see another 2-3 who may not crack depth chart that if want to actually play college FB, may end up leaving in the future. It's the circle of life in college FB. And IU's current momentum is working in IU's favor it seems to me.

If I am reading this correctly, predominantly they went to smaller programs.

Good info. From quick looks of it, IU has only had one somewhat significant transfer out prior to this season - Taysir Mack - who then did well at Pitt. Actually hoping/fine if Cronk and Ramsey have great years this year at IA & NU.

Per incoming transfers, Elliott, recent QB, hopefully Swann ahead. I'd say we are not really losing key players (save for Cronk/Ramsey this year) and not enough transfers in to have huge impact yet, but this season the DL may show exactly how they can help.

People who transfer out do open up spots for the future, which if they aren't able to crack line up, is good for the program.

Looking ahead, could see another 2-3 who may not crack depth chart that if want to actually play college FB, may end up leaving in the future. It's the circle of life in college FB. And IU's current momentum is working in IU's favor it seems to me.

For my money, the best thing out of looking into this is that the people that were lost were all able to be replaced by at least equal talent. And good for the ones like Tronti (who looks to be a starter at the tail end of his career), Devonte Williams (who I think said was all-conference at SLU), and Mack (the one who got away).

And although I didn't look up all the incoming transfers, first to mind are the DT from Syracuse (Samuels) who gave IU an experienced big body on the DL & Nick Linder (OL) as grad transfers who came in and produced or at least helped a ton with depth. I'm sure there have been traditional transfers that have panned out too, but I'm drawing a blank.

If I am reading this correctly, predominantly they went to smaller programs.
Everyone except Mack.

What's really crazy is that Natee ended up retiring for medical reasons (I read). He was productive in his Bacon 'n' Legs package with Diamont in the B1G, but wasn't able to have that happen at a lower level.

Just goes to show how fragile we all are, even elite athletes.

Everyone except Mack.

What's really crazy is that Natee ended up retiring for medical reasons (I read). He was productive in his Bacon 'n' Legs package with Diamont in the B1G, but wasn't able to have that happen at a lower level.

Just goes to show how fragile we all are, even elite athletes.

As I recall his production was very short-lived. As soon as people realized it was too slow to turn the corner that was it for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT