ADVERTISEMENT

How do you deal with Uncle Mark and bloom

Someone make this happen.
it'll happen but honestly absent a suspension i don't really see danc losing it this year. you have to remember how he entered the board as well. he was essentially the messi of the football board. breaking down games and offering insights that the regulars over there really came to rely upon. for longtime readers i guess he was football's version of rmkfan. as i understand it, occasionally, he'd season his football posts with political snippets and analogies. well someone called him out on it and said that if he posted that stuff on the water cooler he'd get destroyed. i have no idea who said that or what they were thinking but with the benefit of time passing we understand how wrong that assertion was on two grounds: 1) he dominated from day one. again like messi coming to mls and 2) the water cooler is hardly a collection of intellectuals. soooooooooooo i suspect danc will take both the newcomer of the year award as well as the poster of the year award, unless something crazy happens

it'll happen but honestly absent a suspension i don't really see danc losing it this year. you have to remember how he entered the board as well. he was essentially the messi of the football board. breaking down games and offering insights that the regulars over there really came to rely upon. for longtime readers i guess he was football's version of rmkfan. as i understand it, occasionally, he'd season his football posts with political snippets and analogies. well someone called him out on it and said that if he posted that stuff on the water cooler he'd get destroyed. i have no idea who said that or what they were thinking but with the benefit of time passing we understand how wrong that assertion was on two grounds: 1) he dominated from day one. again like messi coming to mls and 2) the water cooler is hardly a collection of intellectuals. soooooooooooo i suspect danc will take both the newcomer of the year award as well as the poster of the year award, unless something crazy happens
When we had awards for the OTF we actually voted on it. We didn't just fake it. I dare you to set up a ballot.

Hasn't DANC been here longer than me?

Reactions: DANC
Good call. DANC has been posting full time on the Cooler since July 2020. He shouldn't even be eligible for any "newcomer" award.

Obviously, this thing is rigged before it even gets off the ground.
Perfect. It's so WC to have a fictional poll or award be marred by allegations of fixing, bias, and conspiracy before it starts!

Perfect. It's so WC to have a fictional poll or award be marred by allegations of fixing, bias, and conspiracy before it starts!
6a525572c048283731bf8cc1fbf072ee79fd9008.pnj

I appreciated your post (I think it was you) that described growing up in a strict religious world.

I remember playing in the softball game at our family reunion. I dropped a fly ball and said "damn."

First, my teammates turned their heads in unison and glared at me.

Next, the other team turned its heads in unison and glared at me.

Then, the kids playing with Super-Soakers turned their heads in unison and glared at me.

Finally, the women preparing the hamburgers and potato salad turned their heads in unison and glared at me.

Do you think I may have spoken too loudly?
😂😂😂 most likely. I’ve done similar things many times in my life. I got a few butt beatings in my youth for using unacceptable language around my parents. If i did it during the day around mom, I got a whooping from her and again later that night when she told dad.

When we had awards for the OTF we actually voted on it. We didn't just fake it. I dare you to set up a ballot.
McMurtry has recently converted to the Trump Strategy of just claiming he/they won, anf then faking the voting data later.

Fake McMurtry is a real thing now.

We already all agreed in the other thread that mcm is a soy beta cuck leading a "Dream" team of lightweights to a Custer's Last Stand of Water Cooler proportions.

That's all been settled, so probably best to just leave the details about these awards to Mark. ;)

Nope. I only banned people who made it clear they had no intention of behaving.
That's bullshit.

Tell you what - give me mod power over a thread and I'll start one that is "How the 2020 Election was stolen". Then, when you post it wasn't stolen, I'll ban you from the thread.

That is exactly what you did on the Ukraine thread - you've banned everyone who is against aiding Ukraine.

It's not difficult to moderate when you ban certain speech. Just own it.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
We're talking about weeks ago, and I didn't delete a record. Didn't know that was a thing. He changed my quote to something I didn't want to be represented with, and I changed it back to the original quote.
It was a FIFY I posted, which is done all the time around here.

You got butt-hurt by it and changed my post.

Goat, I will accept your apology now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
That's bullshit.

Tell you what - give me mod power over a thread and I'll start one that is "How the 2020 Election was stolen". Then, when you post it wasn't stolen, I'll ban you from the thread.

That is exactly what you did on the Ukraine thread - you've banned everyone who is against aiding Ukraine.

It's not difficult to moderate when you ban certain speech. Just own it.
Uh no I didn't. Not a single person was banned for that reason.

Reactions: Bloom.
Oh. If he was doing a FIFY, that's lame but forgivable, but I thought he was talking about a post where you edited your own post while he was quoting it.
He did do that, too. And then he changed his response in my post.

#weasel #liar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT