ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible recruiting

There haven't been many that played 4 years at IU recently ... and most had two different coaches.

TJD (top 40 but stayed 4) , Race, Durham, Green, Davis, Morgan, Johnson .. two broke out, one was decimated by injury, one was a head case, the others all improved but weren't considered impactful..

Woodson did well with TJD, Miller did well with Morgan ...

Yes it's always a crapshoot once you get past what... the top 50ish players? But I'm thinking of not only those that did stay 4 years, but those that were considered decent potential but ended up transferring out, etc..

We haven't really had anyone since Morgan. Obviously coaching changes impact that.... Only other guy I could think of that would have fit that mold would have been Franklin.

Players like Leal, Bates, Lander, etc... That ended being basically zeros. I just don't understand how we can be so bad in the backcourt for year after year... Brief help with JHS last year, notwithstanding

Last edited:
Yes it's always a crapshoot
I think that's it and we keep rolling snake eyes ...

Wisconsin got lucky with Davis, Iowa got lucky with the Murray clones.. OSU gets highly talented players and do nothing with them, same with Maryland and Michigan... MSU is still waiting on a few to get it..

I don't think that dynamic is exclusive to Indiana.

Purdue is about the only team that does actually develop 4 year impact players ..

I think that's it and we keep rolling snake eyes ...

Wisconsin got lucky with Davis, Iowa got lucky with the Murray clones.. OSU gets highly talented players and do nothing with them, same with Maryland and Michigan... MSU is still waiting on a few to get it..

I don't think that dynamic is exclusive to Indiana.

Purdue is about the only team that does actually develop 4 year impact players ..
Well I’ll be damned. I officially stand corrected.

Yes, I thought Trace Jackson Davis lived up to his hype although he couldn't shoot from the outside. But I was just thinking about all the hype that IU, Peegs, the Indy Star, and South Bend Tribune gave to all of these guys who were coming in and would be super stars. But I can't think of any recruit in the last 10 years, other than Jackson, who stayed the course and was a star. My point is don't ever believe the hype. It is wrong most of the time. Am I missing somebody and please don't say Romeo Langford who was a total bust. I guess our recruiting is really flawed or seems to be.

Hood Schifino was awesome as a freshmen.

Reactions: ulrey
IU needs to0 get at least 3 real shooters in recruiting.LM is a start but gonna have to get guards who can produce from deep consistently.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT