ADVERTISEMENT

HOO HOO HOO: Who are these commits?

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
Who are all these unranked recruits and what is going on with IUBB recruiting? It's approaching time to panic.

I am excited about Moore. Sounds as if he has a lot of upside. Now we need to get Wilkes and the over sign boo birds can come out.
This kid may be a stud who knows but IU coming off a big ten title and we have 3
Committs from guys outside the top 100 is kinda discouraging. Landing Wilkes would help that a ton though.

Reactions: kkott
This kid may be a stud who knows but IU coming off a big ten title and we have 3
Committs from guys outside the top 100 is kinda discouraging. Landing Wilkes would help that a ton though.

Absolutely agree. The word is out on Crean like it or not. But I still have folks tell me he is a great recruiter.

Reactions: hondo314
I'm going to give CTC a hall pass here on recruiting... although his record hasn't been exactly stellar... he has managed to scrap together some really fun players... I'm not worried about losing the top recruits... they may not have fit very well in the program anyways, for one reason or another... I'm more interested in how he approaches this season's game play... especially with as many injuries that he has encountered... He can still put together a very good A-Team... his depth is somewhat lacking at this moment, but may come together as the season progresses... at this point, if he can make it to the B1G season still ranked... then he's probably figured it out.... if he has a losing record at that point... then he probably has not... and may suffer the consequences...

I'm going to give CTC a hall pass here on recruiting... although his record hasn't been exactly stellar... he has managed to scrap together some really fun players... I'm not worried about losing the top recruits... they may not have fit very well in the program anyways, for one reason or another... I'm more interested in how he approaches this season's game play... especially with as many injuries that he has encountered... He can still put together a very good A-Team... his depth is somewhat lacking at this moment, but may come together as the season progresses... at this point, if he can make it to the B1G season still ranked... then he's probably figured it out.... if he has a losing record at that point... then he probably has not... and may suffer the consequences...
Issue with that thinking is on years we have been good our best players have been the highly ranked kids...minus oladipo. Zeller, yogi last two years, Bryant. I am fine landing a few lower ranked guys if you are mixing them with your Zellers. Hopefully that is the case and we bring in these lower ranked guys around Wilkes.

This kid will move up the rankings a bit but his performance against the top players should say everything we need to know about his talent. 20 and 12 vs Malik Williams? I'll take seconds of that please. Moore and Davis down low would be quite the tandem. If O.G. were to stick around, that would be one heck of a front court trio.

This kid will move up the rankings a bit but his performance against the top players should say everything we need to know about his talent. 20 and 12 vs Malik Williams? I'll take seconds of that please. Moore and Davis down low would be quite the tandem. If O.G. were to stick around, that would be one heck of a front court trio.
Moore down low?? Read the article. He is NOT a post player. Just bc a guys is 6'10 doesn't mean he will be " down low" Moore will be a Watford type kid, at least I hope he ends up that good.

Reactions: kkott
Moore down low?? Read the article. He is NOT a post player. Just bc a guys is 6'10 doesn't mean he will be " down low" Moore will be a Watford type kid, at least I hope he ends up that good.

IU only plays with one big down low, so both Moore and Davis can play together.

Reactions: jimmygoiu

Exactly. People still list Tim Priller as a post because he's 6'9". I'll hope for the second coming of Watford, but fear Priller.

LOL, yes Moore down low. Did you want him playing point? Kid is a rebounder with a 7'3 wing span. Just because he doesn't have a low post offensive game doesn't mean he doesn't start at the 4. He's what we cal la stretch 4.

Reactions: schmib
Except it's well known that Tom Crean doesn't play that way, so that tandem (or trio) will rarely, if ever, see the floor together.

Moore is most likely a 4 year player possibly a 3 year. He is also what i think is a player that helps get us in tourney year and year out. I think its great to have 4 and 5 star bigs every couple years we need them and we have got them. Cody Vonleh Bryant Davis have been those players for us. Luke Fisher leaving relly hurt us. Hopefully we are building depth. Next thing i would like to see is a redshirt. Moore could use a whole year in the weight room. I like where we are recruiting wise.

Reactions: calhoun26
Moore is most likely a 4 year player possibly a 3 year. He is also what i think is a player that helps get us in tourney year and year out. I think its great to have 4 and 5 star bigs every couple years we need them and we have got them. Cody Vonleh Bryant Davis have been those players for us. Luke Fisher leaving relly hurt us. Hopefully we are building depth. Next thing i would like to see is a redshirt. Moore could use a whole year in the weight room. I like where we are recruiting wise.
Agree. I think our recruiting will keep us solidly in the top half to top third of the Big Ten and give us a chance to make the tournament in most years. Would be great to get higher level players but that's just not realistic, especially if we're having to battle elite schools for them. For where IU is the the college basketball world, this is a good result.

Agree. I think our recruiting will keep us solidly in the top half to top third of the Big Ten and give us a chance to make the tournament in most years. Would be great to get higher level players but that's just not realistic, especially if we're having to battle elite schools for them. For where IU is the the college basketball world, this is a good result.
Need to keep landing the big fish though. Wilkes is huge for this class.

Reactions: Catfish_ Crazy
With Durham, Smith, and Moore committed; and with the push to sign Wilkes, what does that mean for the recruitment of Scruggs or Waters from a numbers perspective?

I don't think you can go back to when the program was in disarray and compare to now. Wasn't Hollowell rated high. You have to find the correct chemistry.

yes he was a great find...but where was Bawa, Jobe, Capo, Jurkin, April, Priller,Gelon all ranked?

Reactions: cheyennemtnman

why is the coach of IU and 8th highest-paid coach scrapping together teams? lol

oh geez. we're going for guys so we can just get in the tourney every year? shouldn't we be getting guys what will instead get us to a final four? i mean, as long as we are paying coach all this money?

you guys are truly amazing! you really love how your Toyota drives and have no issues with making a Lexus car payment. love it!

With Durham, Smith, and Moore committed; and with the push to sign Wilkes, what does that mean for the recruitment of Scruggs or Waters from a numbers perspective?
What I heard about Scruggs on the other site was that we backed off of him after all the stuff with his HS coach and AAU coach went down.

oh geez. we're going for guys so we can just get in the tourney every year? shouldn't we be getting guys what will instead get us to a final four? i mean, as long as we are paying coach all this money?

you guys are truly amazing! you really love how your Toyota drives and have no issues with making a Lexus car payment. love it!
I couldn't care less what any coach is paid and it has no effect on whether I think he is going a good enough job. so you wouldn't be complaining at all about Crean if he was the 35th highest coach.

What I heard about Scruggs on the other site was that we backed off of him after all the stuff with his HS coach and AAU coach went down.
We might have backed off him if he stopped answering our calls. That would be the only reason. The staff very much still wants him.

I couldn't care less what any coach is paid and it has no effect on whether I think he is going a good enough job. so you wouldn't be complaining at all about Crean if he was the 35th highest coach.
No, because we'd be getting what we'd be paying for. If the univerisity, any university, isn't willing to pay for the best they shouldn't expect the best. You're not going to get K or Cal for $1 million per year.

Crean is earning more than his results would suggest his value is. That's the problem people have with it.

Just going by what I read on the other site and that Crean did not like the fact he was going to prep school.
You've been a member long enough to know that when a kid drops us or commits somewhere else there's a big group who bashes the kid and says we didn't want him. This is just message board 101.

Oh he wants to play here? He's a great player and a saint.

Same player goes somewhere else and all of a sudden he has character issues and the staff backed off.

Most here are over the wait and see approach that your half ass uninformed opinions attempt to support so.... Enough with the drunken rants. Thanks

You've been a member long enough to know that when a kid drops us or commits somewhere else there's a big group who bashes the kid and says we didn't want him. This is just message board 101.

Oh he wants to play here? He's a great player and a saint.

Same player goes somewhere else and all of a sudden he has character issues and the staff backed off.
For me I am glad we dropped him because the times I saw him I never liked his attitude. Also the second he left his high school after school started I definitely lost any respect for him.

I'd be saying that we're getting what we're paying for.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT