ADVERTISEMENT

HOO HOO HOO: Who are these commits?

I don't know how Max H became involved in this discussion in the first place

It's all a conspiracy to cause confusion. Frosty is talking about MB, Fpeaugh is talking about MH, and it seems nobody knows who niego is talking about. lol

Reactions: MG80
It's all a conspiracy to cause confusion. Frosty is talking about MB, Fpeaugh is talking about MH, and it seems nobody knows who niego is talking about. lol

most importantly think we were talking about Vonleh and what an awful kid he was. lol

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Cool, but if we follow this model than we've certainly capped our potential. being a just-inside-the-top-25 program will be a huge success.

loved Max but it's not like we really got the know the kid in one year. would he have come here if he was going to ride the bench? Are you saying his motivations for playing here one year were pure but a kid with the talent to get paid playing this sport is somehow being more selfish? or is that just your perception that all one and dones are selfish? Vonleh worked hard for IU and seemed like a good kid. Are you saying he was selfish and Max was not? both wanted to play ball. i don't get that but it does help me understand your thoughts on Crean. Ya, in the context of what you want, he's perfect for IU.

plus the cynic in me thinks a less heralded kid graduates early at his own risk. he's one injury away from not being able to finish his eligibility for the school he worked so hard for. see Roth.

dude, no coaches or players aren angels even if they happen to fit nicely into your realty tunnel, with all due respect.
Don't take a job as an interpreter and why jump to endorsement of the coach as I was sharing my opinion about using scholarships. Perhaps your agenda is doing the translating.

I have no problem with players who have no interest in college going to play in a developmental league for a year. People who want a degree should go to school. There is no judgement on my end of either. I hold no grudge on Vonleh nor have I ever said that. I wish him the best in whatever he does, nor will you hear me say otherwise.

Regarding team cap, that is your judgement that people who want a degree cannot play. My experiences with student athletes is different. References: Past 3 Tourney champs and the most outstanding player. Villanova? (MOP Arcidiacono senior) Duke (Jones FR) UCONN (Napier SR) . You can win with either.

Last edited:
Agree. I think our recruiting will keep us solidly in the top half to top third of the Big Ten and give us a chance to make the tournament in most years. Would be great to get higher level players but that's just not realistic, especially if we're having to battle elite schools for them. For where IU is the the college basketball world, this is a good result.
Then why does Crean get paid a top 10 salary?

Guess we've come full circle. The problem with that team was we chased after highly ranked recruits who didn't fit into the program. 4 star players like Stanford Robinson, (an even more out of control at that time) Troy Williams, Parea, and Hollowell dotted the roster, and they just didn't work out well together. Give me 3 stars Hartman, Anunoby, Morgan and Moore over those guys any day of the week.
Good point.

Reactions: schmib
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT