ADVERTISEMENT

Haralson announcing Wednesday - IU/MSU/ND

Welp I’ll see him when he’s in the NBA. Don’t pay any attention to ND bball games. Just like they don’t.

Reactions: kkott
Having rice and Carlisle possibly back is the issue. I listened to Ant Wright and he laid it out. That’s when I started doubting.

Reactions: kkott
Having rice and Carlisle possibly back is the issue. I listened to Ant Wright and he laid it out. That’s when I started doubting.
I don't know. I don't think kids like this worry about who might be playing their spot. If so, that's a wierd move. Regardless, it's time to move to the next one. Short memories are important if you recruit these types of players.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Micah Shrewsbury is a good coach and a great recruiter and will continue to recruit this state very well. He came on strong down the stretch. Notre Dame offers a clearer path at either the 1 or 2 for Haralson.
As I said before you posted, seems odd for a kid this good to worry about who is playing his spot. If that's what drove his decision, Hoosier fans are going to be happy with the 1 and 2 on the team.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I don't know. I don't think kids like this worry about who might be playing their spot. If so, that's a wierd move. Regardless, it's time to move to the next one. Short memories are important if you recruit these types of players.
Shrews laid out an offense just for him. Most coaches aren’t doing that. From what I gather.

Micah Shrewsbury is a good coach and a great recruiter and will continue to recruit this state very well. He came on strong down the stretch. Notre Dame offers a clearer path at either the 1 or 2 for Haralson.
But he’s at Notre Dame, where no one cares. We’ll see if he can change that. Remember when we were all playing in the Hoosier Classic and their support was always awful, even though there are tons of ND fans ( football) in Indy.

He also mentioned style of play in the ACC…less football.
I don’t know why the B1G promotes prisonball. Hurts the conference in many ways.
I’m hoping things might change a little now that Edey is gone. You’d think we’d figure out the B1G isn’t exactly killing it in tourney play.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...12-still-no-1-but-big-ten-not-far-behind/amp/ A year old but B1G is second and ACC fifth. But you are correct in style of play, perhaps that is more attractive to him.
It’s been the knock on the B10.
Style of play hasn't been talked about as much this recruiting cycle. Good points.

The Big Ten, as late as going in to the NCAA tournament this past year, was getting hammered by many media personalities for being too physical.

And we've all discussed, ad nauseum, how Woody's teams style of play has potentially turned away good perimeter prospects in the past. I know we got some good ones in the portal, and Tucker late in the process...but maybe that's still a concern for Haralson and his camp?

Shrewsberry has already shown with multiple players that he'll allow talented guards to have the ball in their hands A LOT.

I still think the Burton/Haralson chemistry would have to be a question mark for the Haralson's...and the Burton's honestly. But I could definitely see the Shrewsberry/ACC setup being a lot more attractive for a player like Haralson, stylistically.
Shrewsberry coming from the B10 gives him credibility if taking about the style of play in the B10. I’m not sure he went that route, but since he coached in the B10 if he told a recruit that the leagues style wasn’t a great fit for him, that opinion might carry more weight.

He'll be considered a good coach when he proves it. He's never won a darn thing. Woody and Archie had more impressive resumes when hired.

I watched some videos of JH this week and I don’t see him playing the 1 any time soon. I know you’re just relaying information but i thought that was odd when i heard that and watched his clips. Seems more like a 2 or 3.

I watched some videos of JH this week and I don’t see him playing the 1 any time soon. I know you’re just relaying information but i thought that was odd when i heard that and watched his clips. Seems more like a 2 or 3.
Will be interesting to see what Shrewsberry does with him. How the player progresses.

I disagree , Shresberry will make room for his talent.

I don't know who posted it, but someone posted what was supposed to be a quote from Haralson about Shrew being an offensive genius who had already helped his game. That's when I began thinking it may be ND. Made me think once he'd gone to LaLum that he'd maybe been visiting practices and they'd developed a relationship. He's a good coach and will be a problem at ND, and this just confirms that.

But he’s at Notre Dame, where no one cares. We’ll see if he can change that. Remember when we were all playing in the Hoosier Classic and their support was always awful, even though there are tons of ND fans ( football) in Indy.
People do care if they are presented with a good product on the court. Same for IU football. ND is a great school with a nice campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT