ADVERTISEMENT

Haralson announcing Wednesday - IU/MSU/ND

I don’t understand why everyone is so high on shrewsberry. What has he done that’s been so great? He’s lost to The Citadel and Western Carolina. He has an overall losing record as a head coach and made 1 NCAA Tournament. Don’t get the hype. I’ve been to plenty of ND basketball home games. The environment is just OK.

Reactions: asindc
I don’t understand why everyone is so high on shrewsberry. What has he done that’s been so great? He’s lost to The Citadel and Western Carolina. He has an overall losing record as a head coach and made 1 NCAA Tournament. Don’t get the hype. I’ve been to plenty of ND basketball home games. The environment is just OK.
I agree. But he has been given a great opportunity at ND and in the ACC to prove his value. ND was not good at all last year. Only one direction to go.

People do care if they are presented with a good product on the court. Same for IU football. ND is a great school with a nice campus.
Oh they may care a little more than normal, but at ND, basketball will always be a distant second to football. Campus is fine.

Reactions: edub72
Oh they may care a little more than normal, but at ND, basketball will always be a distant second to football. Campus is fine.
When they're good, they get some pretty solid support. The teams a few years ago that had Pat Conoughtan, that made some decent tourney runs, were supported very well. And the ACC is a very good venue when its packed, and the team is good.

But obviously, football will always be king at Notre Dame. And when bball is anything less than really good, the support is mediocre at best.

When they're good, they get some pretty solid support. The teams a few years ago that had Pat Conoughtan, that made some decent tourney runs, were supported very well. And the ACC is a very good venue when its packed, and the team is good.

But obviously, football will always be king at Notre Dame. And when bball is anything less than really good, the support is mediocre at best.
Kinda like IU football. lol. I really hope for 35k+ for Saturday...

Reactions: kkott

IMO, he's not going for the campus, arena, fans, $$, history, rep for putting players in the NBA, NCAA/season prospects, etc.... he's going for Shrewsbury. All those other things favor IU. The weather from Nov-March is brutal too. I think it's the coach, plain and simple.

Reactions: IUgradman
IMO, he's not going for the campus, arena, fans, $$, history, rep for putting players in the NBA, NCAA/season prospects, etc.... he's going for Shrewsbury. All those other things favor IU. The weather from Nov-March is brutal too. I think it's the coach, plain and simple.
Agreed...just saying ND isn't always unenthusiastic about their bball teams.

The hug between Haralson and Shrewsberry after his announcement showed those two already have a very good connection.

I'm sure Jalen got a bag, but as you said, he'd have gotten one from any of his finalists.

Weather from Nov-March is not "brutal", cool to cold...sure. Some snow, but its not like its Canada.

Agreed he is going for Shrewsberry. This will likely determine how the ND program moves forward with 5 star guys.

Coaching is definitely our weak link.

Reactions: GThomas
Weather from Nov-March is not "brutal", cool to cold...sure. Some snow, but its not like its Canada.
Bear in mind, I've never lived north of the southside of Indy and now reside in SC. But, I think the weather in South Bend from November to March is way, way worse than Bloomington. I looked and it looks like the daily low temp is almost 10 degrees colder and I'm willing to bet they get a lot more wind, cloud cover and precipitation. To me, I'd much rather have the weather in MN than S Bend in the winter. Snow > icy rain/sleet. Weather has a huge affect on my mood, but it would be enough for me to be factor.

Bear in mind, I've never lived north of the southside of Indy and now reside in SC. But, I think the weather in South Bend from November to March is way, way worse than Bloomington. I looked and it looks like the daily low temp is almost 10 degrees colder and I'm willing to bet they get a lot more wind, cloud cover and precipitation. To me, I'd much rather have the weather in MN than S Bend in the winter. Snow > icy rain/sleet. Weather has a huge affect on my mood, but it would be enough for me to be factor.
Its just unpredictable in South Bend. The averages are formed with pretty wild swings in precipitation and temperatures, year over year.

I would say Bloomington winters are obviously a lot better, weather wise, by pretty much any metric. But as much as anything, they're much more predictable than South Bend.

they play all of their games indoors

Meh, I question your mind reading ability. More likely it's the role he was sold. He wants to be a PG.

Is it a bullshit lie like Painter sold to TKR... We'll see in about 14 months.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT