ADVERTISEMENT

Gunn, Banks, and Logan

NOMORENIT

Freshman
Jan 29, 2020
This is still a pretty good team but after last night the problems became apparent. Once Race went down Iowa's offense opened up. IU got small real quick and Murray abused Geronimo. Also, I love Galloway's effort but he brings nothing on the offensive end and missed two big shots down the stretch. IU will make the tournament, but it might be time to start giving Gunn, Banks, Renneu more minutes. Geronimo is a disaster, Galloway is limited offensively, and Race might be down for awhile so fine a way to give these guys a few more minutes. We need scorers, we need height, we need players that can compete.....

This is still a pretty good team but after last night the problems became apparent. Once Race went down Iowa's offense opened up. IU got small real quick and Murray abused Geronimo. Also, I love Galloway's effort but he brings nothing on the offensive end and missed two big shots down the stretch. IU will make the tournament, but it might be time to start giving Gunn, Banks, Renneu more minutes. Geronimo is a disaster, Galloway is limited offensively, and Race might be down for awhile so fine a way to give these guys a few more minutes. We need scorers, we need height, we need players that can compete.....
You put Logan in the title of your thread and then you don’t mention him. Dumb.

MR doesnt need more minutes, he needs more practice! He’s only a freshman, so Ill give him some patience, but am worried because Ive seen very little improvement from our upperclassman from the past 2-3 years! JG is still clueless, TJD still wont take a shot 15ft out unless its a free throw. Kopps too slow, TG still disappears a lot, Race has been ok at times and he may be done! XJ was still turnover prone. This team will go as far as TJD and JHS will take them! I would like to see Banks, Duncomb, and Gunn get more minutes though!

Reactions: kmathum and gmhowes
Agreed, but I think he'll figure it out quick if he gets the minutes. Too big of a talent to sit on the bench. And who is getting his minutes now? Geronimo. He hit a couple shots but I think that might have been the worst game of his IU career.
He's nearly as talented as he is lazy.

Are you sure we will make tournament?

MR doesnt need more minutes, he needs more practice! He’s only a freshman, so Ill give him some patience, but am worried because Ive seen very little improvement from our upperclassman from the past 2-3 years! JG is still clueless, TJD still wont take a shot 15ft out unless its a free throw. Kopps too slow, TG still disappears a lot, Race has been ok at times and he may be done! XJ was still turnover prone. This team will go as far as TJD and JHS will take them! I would like to see Banks, Duncomb, and Gunn get more minutes though!
Banks is the same size as Geronimo. He can't be any worse defensively and he seems to be a natural scorer. Gunn may not run around like a crazy man as Galloway does but he's pretty aggressive defensively. Again he seems to be much more comfortable or a threat on the offensive end. Duncomb and TJD both play low post but Duncomb can't be any different than Race. Put him on the other side of the lane and let him crash the boards. Again, he might help us defensively. This should have been figured out before the Big 10 Season started or maybe it has. On a light note, JHS played solid again last night.

He's most likely a liability on defense..
But if he bang a couple three's and loosen up the middle..
I'd give Gunn a look..

Reactions: BigMobe
Banks is the same size as Geronimo. He can't be any worse defensively and he seems to be a natural scorer. Gunn may not run around like a crazy man as Galloway does but he's pretty aggressive defensively. Again he seems to be much more comfortable or a threat on the offensive end. Duncomb and TJD both play low post but Duncomb can't be any different than Race. Put him on the other side of the lane and let him crash the boards. Again, he might help us defensively. This should have been figured out before the Big 10 Season started or maybe it has. On a light note, JHS played solid again last night.
I don't have the faith in Banks most here seem to. One of the first things I look at for "shooters" is FT%, as I don't believe any "good" shooter isn't going to shoot 75% and I think his is much worse. Plus he gets lost on D too. And, Gunn looks really good on D, but his shooting percentages were horrible last I looked. Maybe both are just a case of too few attempts, and I think both are going to be good players in the future, but are going to hurt as much as they help this year. Still, I don't know what was up, but Geronimo to me was horrible last night. I don't like to trash an individual player, but he really hurt us and someone said he was -18 on +-. Not the end all be all, but that's pretty bad in such a close game. You could watch the points slipping away when he was in there.

I don't have the faith in Banks most here seem to. One of the first things I look at for "shooters" is FT%, as I don't believe any "good" shooter isn't going to shoot 75% and I think his is much worse. Plus he gets lost on D too. And, Gunn looks really good on D, but his shooting percentages were horrible last I looked. Maybe both are just a case of too few attempts, and I think both are going to be good players in the future, but are going to hurt as much as they help this year. Still, I don't know what was up, but Geronimo to me was horrible last night. I don't like to trash an individual player, but he really hurt us and someone said he was -18 on +-. Not the end all be all, but that's pretty bad in such a close game. You could watch the points slipping away when he was in there.
Helen Keller could see those points slip away with JG in the game. Same with MR. It's incredible we are now down to 1/2 a big with TJD's back barking at him.

Reactions: kkott
Iowa had alrady cut the lead to 9 points before Race went out. Other coaches simply adjust and Woodson never has an answer. Honestly I am not so sure we will make the tourney this could easily be a 9-11 conference team again. Geronimo is worse than last year and Logan cannot even sniff the floor. Those are supposed to be our frontcourt next year. Yikes.

I hate 50 yo men in here talking strategy and what they would have done but.....I would have stuck someone on the free throw line against the Iowa zone. They had 3 high harassing our so called shooters. The whole second half was just frustrating to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: BigMobe and Lucy01
I hate 50 yo men in here talking strategy and what they would have done but.....I would have stuck someone on the free throw line against the Iowa zone. They had 3 high harassing our so called shooters. The whole second half was just frustrating to watch.
You hate, nobody gives 2 shits what you think.

Geronimo is such a disappointment. Lacks sufficient BB IQ. He's out of position so often. His spot in the rotation needs to be impactful both offense and defense. Banks would learn faster.
Yep! Geronimo is a finished product and obviously has the mind for basketball as Damezi Anderson. Play Banks and develop him! It's not like Geronimo will just suddenly turn it around and produce Wyoming type games.
I mean, he might have 14/11 vs Northwestern, and then back to earth the following 5-6 games conescutively.

You have to be kidding, Develop him. Woodson hasn’t developed anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT