ADVERTISEMENT

Gunn…

HoosierAlum07

Junior
Dec 30, 2013
Just saw CJ Gunn was ejected and suspended a game per the star! Didnt read article, and too lazy to post it Here. Anyone know why he was ejected/suspended? I hope this kid isnt another XJ type of headcase(on the court)! IU cant afford to have these types of recruits anymore!

Reactions: Fritz1
Dunked on opponent twice and flexed
2 Ts in one game is automatic suspension for next game.
He’s having a great season
He’s extremely confident
Gunn's first tech was for trash talking the HSE player that he was guarding . His second tech was for, after he dunked, took 3 steps towards the HSE player, talking and flexing.

The result: 2 technicals, ejection from the game, and suspended for the biggest game of the year (sectional). Gunn should fit right in with the current IU team culture.

Reactions: ScubaPete
Gunn's first tech was for trash talking the HSE player that he was guarding . His second tech was for, after he dunked, took 3 steps towards the HSE player, talking and flexing.

The result: 2 technicals, ejection from the game, and suspended for the biggest game of the year (sectional). Gunn should fit right in with the current IU team culture.
Would be a sweet way to end your high school career if they lose without him. Maybe he’s getting ready to follow in the footsteps of the current IU players flaming out when it matters.

Two techs in high school game you’re up by 30 in? Lol

Would be a sweet way to end your high school career if they lose without him. Maybe he’s getting ready to follow in the footsteps of the current IU players flaming out when it matters.

Two techs in high school game you’re up by 30 in? Lol
Uconn Coach got tossed for pumping up the crowd, sometimes refs take it too far. I wasn’t at the Gunn game, but he comes from a great family and they are very competitive.
my daughter had the pleasure of playing against his older sister for a cpl years.

Uconn Coach got tossed for pumping up the crowd, sometimes refs take it too far. I wasn’t at the Gunn game, but he comes from a great family and they are very competitive.
my daughter had the pleasure of playing against his older sister for a cpl years.
Well now he gets the pleasure of sitting out the first game of the sectional.

Well now he gets the pleasure of sitting out the first game of the sectional.
Yep, consequences. I’m sure his coaches, teammates and family have all addressed this with him.
id rather have player that had high emotions then none. Of course a happy medium will be better for his future.
I didn’t show boat or flex when I used to dominate my older brother but, he still got upset lol

Yep, consequences. I’m sure his coaches, teammates and family have all addressed this with him.
id rather have player that had high emotions then none. Of course a happy medium will be better for his future.
I didn’t show boat or flex when I used to dominate my older brother but, he still got upset lol

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Reactions: ericrossiu
Sounds like I’m gonna love this guy.

That’s fine and I’m sure he can learn from yada yada.

On the planet I’m from, getting tossed from a high school game in Indiana and missing the first sectional game of your senior year would be a f’ing disaster. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of that, especially from a player of his caliber.

Hope LN wins or that’s gonna leave a mark. Ending your high school career in street cloths because you wanted to show up some scrub team you’re beating by 30 would suck.

Reactions: hoosier48 and mk24
No he didn’t get tossed for JUST pumping up the crowd. He got a T then he pumped up the crowd so they would take it out on the ref. In the rules that’s another T and ejection. Hurly knew exactly what he was doing and knew he’d be tossed. He was an ass.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
It sounds like he's been watching IU on TV, having learned the bent chicken wing flex from his idol, Trace. Is it steroid use that leads to the aggressive stance of excessive posturing?

No he didn’t get tossed for JUST pumping up the crowd. He got a T then he pumped up the crowd so they would take it out on the ref. In the rules that’s another T and ejection. Hurly knew exactly what he was doing and knew he’d be tossed. He was an ass.
Which team won the game?

the aggressive stance of excessive posturing?
I think there is some confusion as to what constitutes mental toughness these days. There are some people here that think that the more animated a player is, that somehow they are more competitive and are more emotionally invested.

personally, I prefer someone that is the silent assassin type. Someone with ice water in his veins that is able to have the self control to keep his emotions in check.

The last thing we need is someone that is a loose cannon ready to go off and do something regrettable.

Eric Gordon came to my mind. Does this sound reasonable? Jay Edwards was another one not needing to showboat.
Edwards was a silent assassin, loved to put the dagger in to win a game, but kept a poker face for the most part doing it . Had ice water in his veins.

it’s ok to show some emotion, for example Michael Lewis. Even Calbert let his emotions show a little on that massive tourney dunk versus UCLA.

Incidentally, by far my favorite part of the OSU game was the old photos of CC and Jimmy Jackson, I know it was a different era, but those were some epic battles, but win or lose it seemed both sides were good sports about it.

Just saw CJ Gunn was ejected and suspended a game per the star! Didnt read article, and too lazy to post it Here. Anyone know why he was ejected/suspended? I hope this kid isnt another XJ type of headcase(on the court)! IU cant afford to have these types of recruits anymore!
Here is one of his recent games against South Side in the Fort.

Maybe its just me but I see alot of Jerome Hunter in his game. I hope he can be more consistent then Hunter..

Like horse farm guarantees? My guarantees come true. Tamar will get drafted.
Gotta work on handles and shooting form. Has the left foot forward on most shots instead of squared up. But if "thinking you're a stud" makes you a stud, he's got that part down.

Gotta work on handles and shooting form. Has the left foot forward on most shots instead of squared up. But if "thinking you're a stud" makes you a stud, he's got that part down.
Most shooting experts want your feet staggered and not squared up.
but if too drastic like landers it will cause issues

Edwards was a silent assassin, loved to put the dagger in to win a game, but kept a poker face for the most part doing it . Had ice water in his veins.

it’s ok to show some emotion, for example Michael Lewis. Even Calbert let his emotions show a little on that massive tourney dunk versus UCLA.

Incidentally, by far my favorite part of the OSU game was the old photos of CC and Jimmy Jackson, I know it was a different era, but those were some epic battles, but win or lose it seemed both sides were good sports about it.
that '92 game in Columbus (Bailey frosh yr), even though we lost, was still one of the greatest NCAA games I ever watched. Some seriously high level competition on the court. Those Sunday ABC afternoon games with Keith Jackson and VItale...you knew you were gonna watch a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT