ADVERTISEMENT

Good job washed up old grandpa

I've got a couple of Dookie friends, lawyers who attended Duke. They've both made up their minds that they can't get it done with Scheyer. That said, didn't Duke go from Bill Foster directly to K who, you know, wasn't quite living up for the first few seasons. Who knows, maybe they'd have been even more successful if they'd fired that guy at the time the fans started complaining.
I mean things are a little different over there in Durham

I've got a couple of Dookie friends, lawyers who attended Duke. They've both made up their minds that they can't get it done with Scheyer. That said, didn't Duke go from Bill Foster directly to K who, you know, wasn't quite living up for the first few seasons. Who knows, maybe they'd have been even more successful if they'd fired that guy at the time the fans started complaining.
Good thing for Duke that they concluded mid-way through his 3rd season that Coach K was not the right guy for them. Same for FAU with Dusty May, or Houston (or Wash. St., for that matter) with Sampson, or Villanova (or Hofstra, for that matter) with Jay Wright, or UConn (or Northeastern, for that matter) with Jim Calhoun…

Spending his retirement coaching the college game he knows nothing about. That is all. Good night.
Boy this did not age well. That is why you probably should wait three for four games to see if the team has actually turned things around and not go off one home game. IU can always put a few good homes game together but they likely will never be able to string together three or four solid games in a row.

Is it because potential candidates will see it as unreasonable?
No reason to be coy, here. I get what you're saying. Just say it...You support Woodson. And that's fine. I don't. Which is also fine. If you can honestly tell yourself what we have seen these 2+ years, is where you envisioned IU basketball being...Ok. But not me
We sneaked in year one. Good team last year. Gonna need a Huge HUGE turnaround to make it this year.

Pattern look familiar?

Your response was just story telling from the last century. Nobody here claims to have more knowledge than Woody. What we see is what we are questioning.
Listen to the Podcast of Hillman and Evans last night. They are most definitely questioning Woody and they commented Woody’s player friends with the best season tickets aren’t chirping like they have in the past.

They were highly critical of X grab of the nuts. Many comments about NBA vs College coaching. I was amazed how they laid it out bare.

Listen to the Podcast of Hillman and Evans last night. They are most definitely questioning Woody and they commented Woody’s player friends with the best season tickets aren’t chirping like they have in the past.

They were highly critical of X grab of the nuts. Many comments about NBA vs College coaching. I was amazed how they laid it out bare.
Stunning wow because Hillman was leading the charge to hire him. All I ever heard from Hillman was you HAVE to hire an IU guy.

Stunning wow because Hillman was leading the charge to hire him. All I ever heard from Hillman was you HAVE to hire an IU guy.
i don’t remember which of these guys was raving about Sampson in this podcast.

i don’t remember which of these guys was raving about Sampson in this podcast.
Probably not Hillman last spring all he could ever talk about is how the only way you could win is if you hired an IU guy. Well he got what he wanted.

Boy this did not age well. That is why you probably should wait three for four games to see if the team has actually turned things around and not go off one home game. IU can always put a few good homes game together but they likely will never be able to string together three or four solid games in a row.
Yep, bad game. Lost the closest thing to a sure thing on the road that they'll have this year.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Apples to oranges on going back to when Coach K was hired.

You're the one that has the unrealistic perception, one of a child. If it does not go your way you cry and whine. I am not knowledgeable about your inadequacies in life but to spend so much time and effort to denigrate a coach after a loss has to be related to the aforemention in some way... Then you disappear during wins and good play. Just grow up... your repetitive garbage stinks!
lol you are clueless

Iu athletic office know a mistake was made, issue they can’t do anything as long as Buckner is in the house, throwing his weight around

Sure. But that was in response to someone who used Duke as an example of a program who won't stand for it in terms of a coach's performance.
Well Sheyer will make the tourney every year. Let’s see if that’s good enough for them. He won’t the ACC in year 1 last year

My opinion is that he's right and you just hate opinions different than yours. Why attack everyone that doesn't agree with you? That is what you do IMO.
I’m not attacking him, it has been quite the opposite. He also has given no insight other than “watch and learn”

I’m not attacking him, it has been quite the opposite. He also has given no insight other than “watch and learn”
When someone posts an opinion different them yours you usually reply with something saying their opinion is stupid or ask them why they have a different opinion as if their opinion is stupid. That seems like attacking those with different opinions. Someone also noted that you post your opinions like they're facts. I agree with that opinion too. It's an arrogant way to post.

Last edited:
When someone posts an opinion different them your you seem to always reply with something saying their opinion is stupid or ask them why they have a different opinion as if their opinion is stupid. That seems like attacking those with different opinions. Someone also noted that you post your opinions like they're facts. I agree with that opinion too. It's an arrogant way to post.
Good deal.

We're on our sixth coach in twenty three years. Define "putting up with meh"
Mike Davis
Tom Crean
Archie Miller

21 years of meh.

How's that for a definition?

Davis should have been gone after 14-15 season. Naaah. Kept him. Then goes 15-14. Still kept him. Then he leaves after 19-12.

Same with Crean...Same with Miller. Problem.with IU...they hang on for to long. And all the while, OSU is hiring Matta...Michigan is hiring Belein...IU is hiring Crean and Archie Millers.

As an IU alum, season ticket holder and passionate fan I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Shocked, I am sure.
So what do you do then? How long do you give him? He is already an older coach. We have 1 recruit for next year and that’s it. What’s your roster plans? Reconstruct with the portal? These are just questions…I don’t see him “building” the program with kids that want to be Hoosiers. We need some glue guys in every class. He may clean house after the year and rebuild.
He loses: Ware, X, Walker, Galloway (good chance), Leal (maybe)
Also I would expect some portal entries.
So with that many open scholarships, you are building through the portal or playing freshman next year

So what do you do then? How long do you give him? He is already an older coach. We have 1 recruit for next year and that’s it. What’s your roster plans? Reconstruct with the portal? These are just questions…I don’t see him “building” the program with kids that want to be Hoosiers. We need some glue guys in every class. He may clean house after the year and rebuild.
So with that many open scholarships, you are building through the portal or playing freshman next year
As I said before I don't have a lot of speculation until more of the season plays out. I am okay if behind the scenes Dolson is having accountability discussions with Woodson but really none of my business. I am a fan not coach or administrator so just have opinions like you do. We just don't agree on much. We still have way too many fatal flaws and don't know if they will be overcome by the end of Big Ten. Each bad game and loss that seems less likely. Personally, I think kids see more of TJD and Jalen talking positive about Woodson than they do us fans. More impact on a teenager. Now if there is other things being said behind the scenes I don't know. It sounds like Hillman is getting concerned.

Counting on the portal to fix all the issues is just not doable, at least not with Woodson. He coaches an outdated post up offense and he is going to have to try and convince two or threes stud guards this spring to come and play in it. We dont seem to have much of any fall recruiting wins as the last two classes combined are three players. Like you said it just seems like a scramble to fill a roster in the spring which is not how you build a culture at all.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Mike Davis
Tom Crean
Archie Miller

21 years of meh.

How's that for a definition?

Davis should have been gone after 14-15 season. Naaah. Kept him. Then goes 15-14. Still kept him. Then he leaves after 19-12.

Same with Crean...Same with Miller. Problem.with IU...they hang on for to long. And all the while, OSU is hiring Matta...Michigan is hiring Belein...IU is hiring Crean and Archie Millers.
Most of the "basketball world" thought Crean and Archie were home runs.

Dolson appears to be more aggressive than his predecessor. We'll see what happens. Personally, I still hope this season takes a turn in the right direction.

Claimed I attended lol. Well if you are going make claims get them right bud. I graduated, played at another D1 college in Kentucky. Not Western. Regardless, your pattern of blind faith of Woody with no substance to your post other than “watch and learn is pathetic. At least I will post my reasoning for why the program looks like shit

Did you read my post? You start planning for his exit. No where did I say fire him mid season. You start discussing his future and let him leave (forced) with a nice incentive and move on. It’s obvious he isn’t a long term solution here.
And you think with each new coach, they get 1-2 years to prove themselves worthy to you as a coach? If after 1-2 years, they don't make a Final Four, then you fire them, pay them nicely, tell them "thank you" & then start over with the next new coach, right, for another 1-2 years? Is that what you're saying?

Reactions: MrBing

Dolson appears to be more aggressive than his predecessor. We'll see what happens. Personally, I still hope this season takes a turn in the right direction.
The basketball world is all the so called pundits who think every hire is a home run. Lot of fans were not all that excited with the Archie hire. I though it was a very bland hire and felt we should have aimed much bigger. And I guess compared to Archie Crean was a home run.

I always have hope. And nothing would make me happier.

Cream was a "PR hire". Save face. There were better candidates. IU wanted a "clean guy". And so...Enter Tom.

Miller personally was just a bad fit.

But point is...it's not the hiring..It's the hanging on to that's the issue here; and the hiring. Look at UNC. Doherty was awfull. Gone in 2. BCG @ UK. Awful. Gone in two. KU seems to always get it right--Wilkiams...then Self. As for Scheyer..He'd better win. But who knows with them. 40+ years of K. I mean, yeah.

We could be really bad next year

Self is a good coach, but he is a slime ball. He just is such a cash cow for the NCAA they will never come down on them or North Carolina. Sampson is a good coach but there was more slime than just the phone calls. Television and open free agency make managing rosters almost impossible these days but you have to do it.

The basketball world is all the so called pundits who think every hire is a home run. Lot of fans were not all that excited with the Archie hire. I though it was a very bland hire and felt we should have aimed much bigger. And I guess compared to Archie Crean was a home run.
And a lot of them were excited with it. You're not going to get universal acceptance of any hire. I watched Archie's last couple Dayton teams several times. They were fun to watch. Their Defensive intensity was something an IU fan like myself was longing for during the Crean years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT