ADVERTISEMENT

Good job washed up old grandpa

If they didn't have weaknesses they wouldn't have struggled.
That’s my point. Pointing to Woodson’s team’s shooting woes in comparison ignores the fact that other struggling coaches obviously also had weaknesses they hadn’t yet fixed 2.5 years into their tenures.

Reactions: MrBing
Which means what for KemPom? I’m not really sure, but certainly an opportunity to move up with Ws, but will losses move us down?
The NET rankings impact the at large tournament selections and IU stable at around 100 for a month or so. A little bit above or a little bit below.

The remaining games would count as Quad1-4 wins as of today

Minn Quad3
PU Quad 1
@Wis Quad1
@Ill Quad1
Iowa Quad2
Penn State Quad3
@OSU Quad 2
@PU Quad1
Northwestern Quad2
Nebraska Quad2
@Penn State Quad2
Wisconsin Quad1
@Maryland Quad2
@Minn Quad2
MSU Quad1

Pitt got a play in bid last year with a 67 NET rating (KenPom 77) FDU got in at 68 just because of a technicality moving from D2 to D1 and Pitt was 6-5 Quad1. IU is currently 0-4 Quad1.

If looking at tournament prospects NET rules not KenPom.

Last edited:
Reactions: .Gerdis
Which means what for KemPom? I’m not really sure, but certainly an opportunity to move up with Ws, but will losses move us down?
There was some joker on here that wrote something like NET isn’t important, just ignore it .

Last edited:
The NET rankings impact the at large tournament selections and IU stable at around 100 for a month or so. A little bit above or a little bit below.

The remaining games would count as Quad1-4 wins as of today

Minn Quad3
PU Quad 1
@Wis Quad1
@Ill Quad1
Iowa Quad2
Penn State Quad3
@OSU Quad 2
@PU Quad1
Northwestern Quad2
Nebraska Quad2
@Penn State Quad2
Wisconsin Quad1
@Maryland Quad2
@Minn Quad2
MSU Quad1

Pitt got a play in bid last year with a 67 NET rating (KenPom 77) FDU got in at 68 just because of a technicality moving from D2 to D1 and Pitt was 6-5 Quad1. IU is currently 0-4 Quad1.

If looking at tournament prospects NET rules not KenPom.
IU is not gettting anywhere near sniffing the tourney unless they win 12 or 13 wins minimum in the big ten.

IU is not gettting anywhere near sniffing the tourney unless they win 12 or 13 wins minimum in the big ten.
Beating Minnesota and Penn State at home will have a very small impact. A few Quad 1 wins will be a big boost. PU, Wisconsin, and MSU home games are important.

If players start wearing cups to guard their junk against X it might impact their game. X could make quick movements like he’s going for it when they go up for jump shots.

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
Beating Minnesota and Penn State at home will have a very small impact. A few Quad 1 wins will be a big boost. PU, Wisconsin, and MSU home games are important.
No doubt but I highly doubt we win all three we are just not that good and we have no tjd to bail us out this year.

Haha ok. Wow dude

Three bad games? IU has played maybe five good halves all season. It's a miracle one of the D3 schools (Army, Morehead State, et al.) didn't beat the Hoosiers.

Woody has been a below average coach since Day 1; it just so happens he had a generational college player to mask some of his ineptitude.

The program is regressing and doomed to fail, but keep praying at the Woody alter until he's run out of Bloomington in a year or two.
I used to think Indiana had smart basketball fans..

Spending his retirement coaching the college game he knows nothing about. That is all. Good night.
I could see the old grandpa as you say winning a close one tomorrow and some on here will be talking contract extension. But I have a really hard time seeing us win two in a row and beating Purdue on Tuesday.

I could see the old grandpa as you say winning a close one tomorrow and some on here will be talking contract extension. But I have a really hard time seeing us win two in a row and beating Purdue on Tuesday.
I could see that maybe being one of a couple times where iU strings together back to back wins. If that doesn't happen, for me, IU is at a point where I'd concede that an NCAA bid would be out of the question.

Reactions: bailey777
I could see that maybe being one of a couple times where iU strings together back to back wins. If that doesn't happen, for me, IU is at a point where I'd concede that an NCAA bid would be out of the question.
Opportunities are getting slim so really need the Quad1 home games.

Reactions: Vern Pain
I will share my opinions no better or worse than others. I have been a Hoosier fans since my youngest days of channel 4 and the only Rose Bowl. This is the worst shooting team in my memory although statistically I have not fact checked. X is a lost soul right now and I don't know if he gets it back to help the last half of the season. There is no John Ritters, Scott Mays, Mike Woodson's, Ted Kitchel's, Steve Alfords or even Jordan Hulls shooters on this team. (Calbert Cheaney)

We seem to suck in to the lane or rotate so much that we leave the true shooters wide open or scrambling to close out. I am not sure at this point how much is coaching and how much is player basketball intelligence and execution. I believe right now there are weakness in all the above. The first 36 minutes against Kansas was the best basketball I have seen IU play this year. I expected struggles but did not see what we are getting lately.

I am not about throwing out coach yet, but we really need almost a miracle to grow up and finish decent the second half of the Big Ten.

I actually turned off early last night for the first time this season. I will always try to be more positive but right now is a struggle. With Shannon coming back and us in disarray I am praying that the week off allows this team and coaches to get their act together although I still expect a loss at Illinois.

My current status fears the worst and slim hope for a strong second half.

Reactions: CriticArisen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT