ADVERTISEMENT

Garland

Combine the quality of the city of Nashville, the friendliness of Bryce Drew and the quality of the education and suggest another school whose total of city/coach/academics is better. If it is all about the number of blindly loyal fans who'll show up and scream for you then it is an entirely different analysis ....... and the best of the bunch who are all about that end up in Lexington. Vandy has huge untapped basketball potential and maybe Bryce Drew is the guy who can realize that potential. Garland, Shittu and Langford may want to build something?
You better not let your employers here you say that.They will fire you for being on drugs

Reactions: KyDore
As others have said, he won't be of age to fully take advantage of the city of Nashville. Each individual looks for different things in where they live. I wouldn't mind visiting Nashville, personally, but I would never actually live there. Bloomington is the perfect size for me. That doesn't mean it is for him. I'll admit I have no idea what their basketball facilities are like, but I would be willing to bet It's are superior. As far as coaches are concerned, they seem fairly comparable. IU would likely get him more exposure. IDK. Seems to me like IU would be better for his basketball career, but I am partial. I don't think he could really go wrong either way. I do think the real decision is if he wants to stay close to home or not. I won't begrudge a kid for choosing either. Obviously, would be ecstatic if he comes here, but am well past the point where my mood hangs on a teenage kid's decision. Just hope wherever he goes it works out well for him.

He’s talking about Garland, his father said he wants him to commit before their first game which is November 14th.

Simi, the other 5* considering Vandy, has cancelled his visit to UNC this weekend. Not sure if this matters or not, but it's certainly noteworthy.

Simi is going to Vandy, that’s why I kept saying I think he is waiting to see if Simi actually commits to Vandy or not. Although Garlands father has recently said that Darius has had his decision in his heart for a few weeks now and Hysteria fits that timeline. I believe it is 50/50 IU and Vandy and going down to the wire on this one.

Evan Daniels is saying on Twitter that Simi never had a scheduled visit to UNC as was stated in the story so that becomes a non factor.

Simi is going to Vandy, that’s why I kept saying I think he is waiting to see if Simi actually commits to Vandy or not. Although Garlands father has recently said that Darius has had his decision in his heart for a few weeks now and Hysteria fits that timeline. I believe it is 50/50 IU and Vandy and going down to the wire on this one.
You could look at it two ways about having his heat set for a couple of weeks. One that maybe HH was what made up his mind for IU. The other is that he was leaning toward Vandy and HH did not change anything for him.

Reactions: IUCharlie5
You could look at it two ways about having his heat set for a couple of weeks. One that maybe HH was what made up his mind for IU. The other is that he was leaning toward Vandy and HH did not change anything for him.
Rabjohns went down to Nashville 3 days after Hoosier Hysteria. He claimed there was "movement" in the recruitment of Darius that was positive for IU. It kind of jives with all that in terms of him knowing where he wanted to go for the last few weeks. Not saying it's a done deal, but it does jive.

Garland would be great to have, but it’s all about Romeo. We already have a sound, Indiana point guard in this class that Archie can mold, and Devonte Green might be very good next year. With Romeo, we have enough to make some noise in the tournament.

Priceless analogy but be nice. Polite and well-spoken as far as visiting posters go and head and shoulders above the northern troll clan.

His first post wasn't polite. He took a couple of cheap shots at IU and then tried to sell Vanderbilt as a sleeping giant and Nashville as the next Babylon.

Reactions: hoosierdug
Combine the quality of the city of Nashville, the friendliness of Bryce Drew and the quality of the education and suggest another school whose total of city/coach/academics is better. If it is all about the number of blindly loyal fans who'll show up and scream for you then it is an entirely different analysis ....... and the best of the bunch who are all about that end up in Lexington. Vandy has huge untapped basketball potential and maybe Bryce Drew is the guy who can realize that potential. Garland, Shittu and Langford may want to build something?

This is disrespectful??? Wow. The one thing that I do know is that it was not intended as such. It certainly was no more controversial than the post to which I was responding that suggested that there were no reasons for any player to choose Vanderbilt over a "big name" school (and maybe even suggesting that something was amiss).

Last edited:
Reactions: vandy2021
If Vandy would some how pull off getting Garland, Romeo and Shittu it would make you wonder how they could get these type of recruits.
Why would that make you wonder? Couldn't it be a good coach doing a good job selling his program?

Reactions: KyDore
Why would that make you wonder? Couldn't it be a good coach doing a good job selling his program?
If you believe that, truly believe that, then you must have help tying your own shoes. Only a Purdue fan could be this willfully ignorant concerning IU recruits. 3 elite players to Vandy and being pulled in by a Drew? Sure, dude. Sure.

Reactions: IUgradman
I'll throw this out for discussion (while we all wait and speculate). Darius likely cares a great deal about who'll be in his supporting cast. If Simi comes to Vanderbilt, then that helps Vanderbilt's cause. Obviously, a chance to play with Langford is a factor and IU likely has the edge there. But, what about the other players? Not at all to be argumentative since I know nothing about IU's personnel, but which team will likely offer the better supporting cast to give Darius a chance to play in a Final Four? For what it is worth, I'm reading elsewhere that Vanderbilt offers the better situation.

Again, I know nothing .... for those who know something about both teams, what do you think?

I'll throw this out for discussion (while we all wait and speculate). Darius likely cares a great deal about who'll be in his supporting cast. If Simi comes to Vanderbilt, then that helps Vanderbilt's cause. Obviously, a chance to play with Langford is a factor and IU likely has the edge there. But, what about the other players? Not at all to be argumentative since I know nothing about IU's personnel, but which team will likely offer the better supporting cast to give Darius a chance to play in a Final Four? For what it is worth, I'm reading elsewhere that Vanderbilt offers the better situation.

Again, I know nothing .... for those who know something about both teams, what do you think?
If we get Romeo we would by far have the better roster. Our recruiting class without those two are a top 10 class and with Romeo probably at least a top 5 class. We lose 5 players after this year but will return a lot of key players.

Kevin Stallings is a better coach than Bryce Drew and he never had that kind of talent rolling in.

If you truly believe this, you are ignorant about coaching basketball. Stallings had the same team Drew had last year with 2 NBA draftable players. Stallings barely made it to the first 4 game and got steamrolled. Stallings was nothing special as a head coach, always losing early in the tourney. Also, he was not a players coach. He spent every press conference railing against the players and cussing them during games. Hard to pull great classes when you act like that.

Last edited:

Well, considering Vandy has never been to a Final Four, I would say IU. Vandy definitely isn't a better option if he wants to reach a Final Four.

Well, considering Vandy has never been to a Final Four, I would say IU. Vandy definitely isn't a better option if he wants to reach a Final Four.

You do realize he is talking about the next year or two, not 20 years ago? Man, I grew up in Indiana and still am a big IU fan but I went to school at Vandy. You guys are making it tough to take you seriously. Some here are thoughtful, others are simple.

Drew isn’t half the coach that Miller is and it’s not like IU’s bigs are that much worse (if any) than what Vandy will have. Add RL to that and he’d have a MUCH better situation in Bloomington.

You do realize he is talking about the next year or two, not 20 years ago? Man, I grew up in Indiana and still am a big IU fan but I went to school at Vandy. You guys are making it tough to take you seriously. Some here are thoughtful, others are simple.

derp ...........

Reactions: snarlcakes
derp ...........
What is the most valid thing you could say (as devil's advocate, although I don't think you really believe in the "devil") as an attraction/reason for him to go to Vanderbilt instead of IU?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT