ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter's laptop implodes, as does the Michigan GOP...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Not a great few days for the "Biden Crime family" conspiracy theorists...

The indictment against Gal Luft (Comer's star whistleblower) was unsealed on Mon July 10...

Rudy, Bannon, and others altering data and fabricating "evidence" on Hunter's laptop?

Who didn't see that coming a mile away? Well admittedly some on this board, but apparently millions of other gullible minions...They maybe should have enlisted the aid of someone with the technical proficiency of Denver Riggleman, cause counter intelligence and detecting fake data is sort of his expertise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0qmvLm5nqI&t=304s

And that IRS whistleblower who claimed that David Weiss was prevented from bringing additional charges vs Hunter? Weiss is again disputing those claims and sent a new letter yesterday which basically calls the supposed whistleblower a liar. And another talking point he directly refutes is the idea that the other US Attorney's refused to cooperate with him...

This is like the 2nd or third letter that Weiss has sent to various GOP committee members regrading their claims about his role and interference from Garland/DOJ. As pointed out, it would have been customary for Biden to dismiss all of Trump's appointees, but the only 2 he retained were Durham and Weiss, because they were engaged in ongoing investigations prior to the election. In Weisse's case, Trump appointed him in 2018...

And in case you chose not to watch the video on Hunter's laptop forgeries, the discussion of the "WhatsApp" message from "July 2017" is pretty illuminating...That was a popular talking point on this board. I basically didn't see any crime, since no Biden was in office in 2017.

But now it turns out that not only was it inconsequential, but it was likely faked as well.As Hunter's defense team pointed out, the twitter posts which purportedly displayed the whats app message, featured a 2022 pic of Hunter as the signature pic of a message he supposedly sent from his WA account in 2017...

It's clear as day in (Rep) Jason Smith's twitter post from June 24. That is not a 2017 pic of HB...

And if you haven't heard about the GOP brawl in Michigan... I know GOP Primary voters say they want a "fighter". But this is probably not what they mean...

Reactions: DrHoops
As Hunter's defense team pointed out, the twitter posts which purportedly displayed the whats app message, featured a 2022 pic of Hunter as the signature pic of a message he supposedly sent from his WA account in 2017...
I don't know how WhatsApp works, but if it's like other social media, the picture would be indicative of when the screenshot was taken, not when the message was composed.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
So like it's done here.
Yeah. The only thing saved is the message itself. The "wrapper" if you will, is called each time the saved message is brought up to keep the DB manageable and performing satisfactorily.

Yeah. The only thing saved is the message itself. The "wrapper" if you will, is called each time the saved message is brought up to keep the DB manageable and performing satisfactorily.
That must be some Excel hocus pocus.

The indictment against Gal Luft (Comer's star whistleblower) was unsealed on Mon July 10...

Rudy, Bannon, and others altering data and fabricating "evidence" on Hunter's laptop?

Who didn't see that coming a mile away? Well admittedly some on this board, but apparently millions of other gullible minions...They maybe should have enlisted the aid of someone with the technical proficiency of Denver Riggleman, cause counter intelligence and detecting fake data is sort of his expertise.

And that IRS whistleblower who claimed that David Weiss was prevented from bringing additional charges vs Hunter? Weiss is again disputing those claims and sent a new letter yesterday which basically calls the supposed whistleblower a liar. And another talking point he directly refutes is the idea that the other US Attorney's refused to cooperate with him...

This is like the 2nd or third letter that Weiss has sent to various GOP committee members regrading their claims about his role and interference from Garland/DOJ. As pointed out, it would have been customary for Biden to dismiss all of Trump's appointees, but the only 2 he retained were Durham and Weiss, because they were engaged in ongoing investigations prior to the election. In Weisse's case, Trump appointed him in 2018...

And in case you chose not to watch the video on Hunter's laptop forgeries, the discussion of the "WhatsApp" message from "July 2017" is pretty illuminating...That was a popular talking point on this board. I basically didn't see any crime, since no Biden was in office in 2017.

But now it turns out that not only was it inconsequential, but it was likely faked as well.As Hunter's defense team pointed out, the twitter posts which purportedly displayed the whats app message, featured a 2022 pic of Hunter as the signature pic of a message he supposedly sent from his WA account in 2017...

It's clear as day in (Rep) Jason Smith's twitter post from June 24. That is not a 2017 pic of HB...

And if you haven't heard about the GOP brawl in Michigan... I know GOP Primary voters say they want a "fighter". But this is probably not what they mean...

Here's a link to the Luft indictment:

Reactions: cosmickid
I don't know how WhatsApp works, but if it's like other social media, the picture would be indicative of when the screenshot was taken, not when the message was composed.
That would be true if the message was real and if Hunter had maintained a WhatsApp account and updated it with a 2022 picture. But I think that what his legal team pointed out in the letter to Jason Smith which is discussed at the 6:30 mark of the below video is that they,along with Denver Riggleman have determined that the WhatsApp message is a forgery...Or at best a deliberate alteration...

I tried to obtain a printed copy of the letter to illustrate the argument they make, but I can only go by the copy in the video and the discussion beginning at about 10 minutes. In addition to the photo discrepancy they point to the blue (rather than green) shading of the alleged message, a contact ID with a super-imposed Chinese flag (really in 2023 HB would have a WApp account where he listed a contact with a Chinese flag ?), and another issue regarding a text message indicator,which I don't understand...

I'm not an expert on any of these (possible) indications of forgery,but Denver Riggleman is. Those are just the issues with the alleged WA message, but in his interview with Acosta he discusses the issues he found with the laptop, which both Rudy and Bannon had access to. There is a reason both Kinzinger and Cheney urged their fellow Jan 6 Committee members to hire (fellow former GOP Rep )Riggleman as their technical investigator...

Also pointed out in the video, the text says something akin to "my dad the former VP is sitting here with me", but multiple sources have confirmed that Hunter and Joe were not together on July 30, the purported date the message was sent.So that seems like an obvious alteration,possibly to an actual message Hunter may have sent that day to Harvest Financial Group?

The Magas claim it was to CFEC, but their evidence seems to be the fact that the contact ID contained a super-imposed Chinese flag. Again, pretty convenient of Hunter to identify CFEC with a Chinese flag. Nothing within the message actually screams "China", but the Pubs sure have fabricated their own convenient scenario where they claim that Hunter somehow sent an "incriminating" message.

And as I've pointed out repeatedly, this was also the year after his father retired from Govt. So I still don't understand what they're hoping to demonstrate, esp when it comes to the concept of "influence peddling"?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Here's a link to the Luft indictment:

The Trump syncs would have you believe that Luft is being "politically persecuted" and that the indictment is to give the Biden's cover. But this indictment and these charges date back to early Nov 2022, before there was a GOP House majority or any of these ridiculous committee witch hunts.

And when Luft was arrested, and posted bail he chose to skip, rather than showing up for his trial. And again all of that preceeded Comer and his circus latching on to Luft as some sort of "reliable whistleblower"...

Reactions: Ohio Guy
That would be true if the message was real and if Hunter had maintained a WhatsApp account and updated it with a 2022 picture. But I think that what his legal team pointed out in the letter to Jason Smith which is discussed at the 6:30 mark of the below video is that they,along with Denver Riggleman have determined that the WhatsApp message is a forgery...Or at best a deliberate alteration...

I tried to obtain a printed copy of the letter to illustrate the argument they make, but I can only go by the copy in the video and the discussion beginning at about 10 minutes. In addition to the photo discrepancy they point to the blue (rather than green) shading of the alleged message, a contact ID with a super-imposed Chinese flag (really in 2023 HB would have a WApp account where he listed a contact with a Chinese flag ?), and another issue regarding a text message indicator,which I don't understand...

I'm not an expert on any of these (possible) indications of forgery,but Denver Riggleman is. Those are just the issues with the alleged WA message, but in his interview with Acosta he discusses the issues he found with the laptop, which both Rudy and Bannon had access to. There is a reason both Kinzinger and Cheney urged their fellow Jan 6 Committee members to hire (fellow former GOP Rep )Riggleman as their technical investigator...

Also pointed out in the video, the text says something akin to "my dad the former VP is sitting here with me", but multiple sources have confirmed that Hunter and Joe were not together on July 30, the purported date the message was sent.So that seems like an obvious alteration,possibly to an actual message Hunter may have sent that day to Harvest Financial Group?

The Magas claim it was to CFEC, but their evidence seems to be the fact that the contact ID contained a super-imposed Chinese flag. Again, pretty convenient of Hunter to identify CFEC with a Chinese flag. Nothing within the message actually screams "China", but the Pubs sure have fabricated their own convenient scenario where they claim that Hunter somehow sent an "incriminating" message.

And as I've pointed out repeatedly, this was also the year after his father retired from Govt. So I still don't understand what they're hoping to demonstrate, esp when it comes to the concept of "influence peddling"?

Just FYI - the WhatsApp message was given to the Committee by...... Apple.

It wasn't something they just found on the laptop.

Technically they are claiming it is from his icloud account. Nice attempt at trying to name drop Apple but all they would have done is allowed access to the icloud account (assuming they even got that from his icloud account in the first place).

Joe Biden wasn't in office in 2017 and apparently Hunter and Joe Biden weren't sitting next to each other on the date in question.

But yea, that whatsapp message is looking very legit lmao.

Last edited:
The Trump syncs would have you believe that Luft is being "politically persecuted" and that the indictment is to give the Biden's cover. But this indictment and these charges date back to early Nov 2022, before there was a GOP House majority or any of these ridiculous committee witch hunts.

And when Luft was arrested, and posted bail he chose to skip, rather than showing up for his trial. And again all of that preceeded Comer and his circus latching on to Luft as some sort of "reliable whistleblower"...
Is Luft the same whistleblower Grassley referred to?

The Republicans are just silly to claim that Luft was arrested in order to prevent him from testifying -- in the past, plenty of witnesses have testified while in handcuffs.

There should be a prop bet for who will be caught first, Luft or Michael Burham. Personally, I think Luft will be hard to find. He was born in Israel and was a lieutenant colonel in the Israel Defense Forces. It's only a 3-4 hour flight from Cyprus (where he escaped) to Israel and only a 15-hour trip by ferry and bus.

I bet the Mideast has many places Luft could hide.

Technically they are claiming it is from his icloud account. Nice attempt at trying to name drop Apple but all they would have done is allowed access to the icloud account (assuming they even got that from his icloud account in the first place).

Joe Biden wasn't in office in 2017 and apparently Hunter and Joe Biden weren't sitting next to each other on the date in question.

Gee, Hunter lied about his father sitting right next to him in an attempt to extort money from foreign actors? Color me shocked. Lmao.

The chain of custody of the "Biden laptop" from the repair shop and the chain of custody of the other "Biden laptop" from his therapist are unconfirmable.

If charges are ever filed, cops could sort it out, but I don't think Jimmy Jordan and Matt Gaetz have the skills to do anything more than rant.

The chain of custody of the "Biden laptop" from the repair shop and the chain of custody of the other "Biden laptop" from his therapist are unconfirmable.

If charges are ever filed, cops could sort it out, but I don't think Jimmy Jordan and Matt Gaetz have the skills to do anything more than rant.
A standard of gulity beyond a reasonable doubt apparently doesn't exist, if the accused is somehow connected to a Democrat. The standard is "guility, because this, that, and the other might have happened, and you can't prove it didn't!"

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

That’s how powerful Joe Biden is. He was actually already president when Trump was in office.

I mean, again, I don't know how WhatsApp works, but if this guy is correct about that very thing, then it really does sound like a fake.

Lowell writes that the screenshots of the message as tweeted by Smith, “both include a photo of Mr. Biden not from 2017 but from the White House Easter Egg roll in April 2022 (long after the purported message was sent); both images portray the message in a blue bubble, when WhatsApp messages are in green; one image super-imposed the Chinese flag for the contact ID, when surely that was not how a text or contact was kept; and one purports to be a screenshot with the '. . .' of someone composing a text (as in Apple’s iMessage) when that does not happen on WhatsApp.”​

Obviously, he's an attorney advocating for a client, so he's not going to say anything that would hurt his client, but if he's right about how WhatsApp works, that makes this look like not only a fake, but a really bad one, like Killian documents level.

I looked it up. Pretty convincing. I hope he's right. I hope the GOP operatives are this stupid. Because that would be hilarious.

No name dropping, Pee Wee. They had to get the actual text from Apple.

"“They got a hold of Hunter Biden’s iCloud account and they did a search warrant to Apple, to the Apple Cloud, where they accessed Hunter Biden’s WhatsApp messages, Imessages and other information.”

That’s how powerful Joe Biden is. He was actually already president when Trump was in office.
Evidently the Chinese thought he was powerful, because the money showed up shortly after Hunter's message.

You think Biden wasn't thinking about a Presidential run in 2017?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I mean, again, I don't know how WhatsApp works, but if this guy is correct about that very thing, then it really does sound like a fake.

Lowell writes that the screenshots of the message as tweeted by Smith, “both include a photo of Mr. Biden not from 2017 but from the White House Easter Egg roll in April 2022 (long after the purported message was sent); both images portray the message in a blue bubble, when WhatsApp messages are in green; one image super-imposed the Chinese flag for the contact ID, when surely that was not how a text or contact was kept; and one purports to be a screenshot with the '. . .' of someone composing a text (as in Apple’s iMessage) when that does not happen on WhatsApp.”​

Obviously, he's an attorney advocating for a client, so he's not going to say anything that would hurt his client, but if he's right about how WhatsApp works, that makes this look like not only a fake, but a really bad one, like Killian documents level.
It's on Hunter's account and stored on Apple's cloud.

I don't know how you think that can be faked.

How can it be faked? It's called f*cking Photoshop. Jesus.

I have no idea if those messages are fake, although the argument for it is pretty solid, but I'm not so stupid that I can't understand how Photoshop works. Jesus, dude. Get a f*cking grip on your goddamn horses. Every post you make causes you to look more and more like a goddamn idiot.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
How can it be faked? It's called f*cking Photoshop. Jesus.

I have no idea if those messages are fake, although the argument for it is pretty solid, but I'm not so stupid that I can't understand how Photoshop works. Jesus, dude. Get a f*cking grip on your goddamn horses. Every post you make causes you to look more and more like a goddamn idiot.
No, I meant how can you get into someone's account ON AN APPLE SERVER to fake it.

Dumbass.

Maddow. Now there is a credible source.
Lol

No, I meant how can you get into someone's account ON AN APPLE SERVER to fake it.

Dumbass.
This is why we need the independent investigation detached from Congress. They will say to prove it came from there. You can't because the source on that is a source they won't believe. And around and around you go.

And it is always possible this was a fake. What would give me pause on that was the statement from Biden's attorney:

"Biased and politically-motivated, selective leaks have plagued this matter for years. They are not only irresponsible, they are illegal. A close examination of the document released publicly yesterday by a very biased individual raises serious questions over whether it is what he claims it to be. It is dangerously misleading to make any conclusions or inferences based on this document," Clark said. "The DOJ investigation covered a period which was a time of turmoil and addiction for my client."​

Clark also said that "[a]ny verifiable words or actions of my client in the midst of a horrible addiction are solely his own and have no connection to anyone in his family."​

That was immediately after the release of the "messages". Now a week later we get that they are a fabrication. Maybe these particular photos of the messages are but they didn't just come out from the gate saying, "these are bullshit". Wonder why that was the case? That initial response doesn't seem to be one where they can brush off that this was clearly fake.

I don't know about Whatsapp, never used it. So take the responses from Hunter's lawyers separated by a week and assume they are both true. Those messages were a doctored up (faked) release of a conversation that his lawyers believed was possible if not likely among the trove of info the Feds are sitting on. Otherwise we would have got the "this is bullshit and here is why" statement from jump.

The way to get to the bottom of everything is the independent investigation team though.

Evidently the Chinese thought he was powerful, because the money showed up shortly after Hunter's message.

You think Biden wasn't thinking about a Presidential run in 2017?

According to Trumpers, Biden is incapable of thought, so that’s a dumb question coming from you.

If they have the laptop, it could be very easy. Assuming the laptop isn't encrypted, moving a file into a user's profile on the machine is pretty simple. At that point. assuming synch is on, it would synch to iCloud the next time that user logs in. My personal experience, people love using synch and hate encryption. A user that just uses their computer and doesn't really think through the dangers doesn't encrypt. I've several how easy it is to get into an unencrypted Macbook, it is frightening.

Now, this would require Biden to log in as synch only works with the user logged in. This requires a little extra work. "You know sir, to fix this properly I might need you to come in to login to it when we are able to get to it. Oh, you don't want to do that, well, I guess you could give me your password".

I have users hand me their computer and say, "if you need my password" at which point I cut them off and assure them there isn't a chance in hell I want their password.

But if you gave me an unencrypted MacBook and your password to the machine, I could get the file onto your cloud. I could then use a secure erase to remove the file on the laptop and sign out. That way when someone looks at the laptop, they don't see the file and wouldn't have any idea it came from the laptop I had. I wouldn't need your password if you took possession back and logged in, but that doesn't seem possible in this case.

Now I am decidedly NOT saying this is what happened. Just pointing out how it could work.

Cloud synch programs are dangerous. I used to oversee a small public computer lab anyone could use. We would scan it for data that shouldn't be on it, social security numbers, credit cards, etc. We would then remove that data. Dropbox does not require admin rights to install. People would come in, install dropbox, synch their files and work on them and leave. Our scan would run and bingo, there sits scans of credit card statements, 1040 forms, and medical records. My tip of the day to anyone still reading, if you use dropbox, box, onedrive, turn off file synching on a folder, and put all your top-secret personal files in that one folder. Yes, you then have to use the web interface to access it. Believe me, it is far better than the alternatives.

Reactions: UncleMark
This is why we need the independent investigation detached from Congress. They will say to prove it came from there. You can't because the source on that is a source they won't believe. And around and around you go.

And it is always possible this was a fake. What would give me pause on that was the statement from Biden's attorney:

"Biased and politically-motivated, selective leaks have plagued this matter for years. They are not only irresponsible, they are illegal. A close examination of the document released publicly yesterday by a very biased individual raises serious questions over whether it is what he claims it to be. It is dangerously misleading to make any conclusions or inferences based on this document," Clark said. "The DOJ investigation covered a period which was a time of turmoil and addiction for my client."​

Clark also said that "[a]ny verifiable words or actions of my client in the midst of a horrible addiction are solely his own and have no connection to anyone in his family."​

That was immediately after the release of the "messages". Now a week later we get that they are a fabrication. Maybe these particular photos of the messages are but they didn't just come out from the gate saying, "these are bullshit". Wonder why that was the case? That initial response doesn't seem to be one where they can brush off that this was clearly fake.

I don't know about Whatsapp, never used it. So take the responses from Hunter's lawyers separated by a week and assume they are both true. Those messages were a doctored up (faked) release of a conversation that his lawyers believed was possible if not likely among the trove of info the Feds are sitting on. Otherwise we would have got the "this is bullshit and here is why" statement from jump.

The way to get to the bottom of everything is the independent investigation team though.
And these are the people who think there are no conspiracies......

Claiming that text is fake is like Trump supporters saying the FBI left classified docs at Mar a Lago to claim Trump took them.

Ridiculous. Right?

If they have the laptop, it could be very easy. Assuming the laptop isn't encrypted, moving a file into a user's profile on the machine is pretty simple. At that point. assuming synch is on, it would synch to iCloud the next time that user logs in. My personal experience, people love using synch and hate encryption. A user that just uses their computer and doesn't really think through the dangers doesn't encrypt. I've several how easy it is to get into an unencrypted Macbook, it is frightening.

Now, this would require Biden to log in as synch only works with the user logged in. This requires a little extra work. "You know sir, to fix this properly I might need you to come in to login to it when we are able to get to it. Oh, you don't want to do that, well, I guess you could give me your password".

I have users hand me their computer and say, "if you need my password" at which point I cut them off and assure them there isn't a chance in hell I want their password.

But if you gave me an unencrypted MacBook and your password to the machine, I could get the file onto your cloud. I could then use a secure erase to remove the file on the laptop and sign out. That way when someone looks at the laptop, they don't see the file and wouldn't have any idea it came from the laptop I had. I wouldn't need your password if you took possession back and logged in, but that doesn't seem possible in this case.

Now I am decidedly NOT saying this is what happened. Just pointing out how it could work.

Cloud synch programs are dangerous. I used to oversee a small public computer lab anyone could use. We would scan it for data that shouldn't be on it, social security numbers, credit cards, etc. We would then remove that data. Dropbox does not require admin rights to install. People would come in, install dropbox, synch their files and work on them and leave. Our scan would run and bingo, there sits scans of credit card statements, 1040 forms, and medical records. My tip of the day to anyone still reading, if you use dropbox, box, onedrive, turn off file synching on a folder, and put all your top-secret personal files in that one folder. Yes, you then have to use the web interface to access it. Believe me, it is far better than the alternatives.
The FBI had the laptop. How were those dastardly Republicans able to hack into it when it's in FBI possession?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT