ADVERTISEMENT

If True

Odds are nothing happens to him.
What’s an appropriate punishment? It’s a non violent offense so I’m thinking fine and apology. Maybe also a censure. What do you think?

I’m assuming he’s actually guilty. I’m not necessarily assuming it’s a felony, but I do assume it’s a crime of some kind.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
What’s an appropriate punishment? It’s a non violent offense so I’m thinking fine and apology. Maybe also a censure. What do you think?

I’m assuming he’s actually guilty. I’m not necessarily assuming it’s a felony, but I do assume it’s a crime of some kind.
Did he shit in the hallway?

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter

Why is it non violent? Someone could have gotten hurt.

A pathetic woman from Green County Indiana spent 14 days in prison for a non violent crime on Jan 6.

A congressman pulling a fire alarm to delay a vote should get the book thrown at him.

Did he shit in the hallway?
All I know is what a Twitter Twit tweeted about happening. I have no idea what actually happened. I’m admittedly at the point that I assume Twitter Twit tweets are false until proven otherwise. Given that they’re proven false on a routine basis, I think it’s the logical position to take.

Treat him like a 1/6 defendant. Probably should be locked up until we can force him to plead guilty to disrupting a session of Congress in an attempt to thwart official business. Might take us a year to figure out his true intentions as well.

Nothing will happen though. I have disdain for the people that work in that building. I have more disdain for the party he is from. And I have even more disdain for the wing of his party he represents. Nothing they do to him is going to be enough for me because they won't kick him out and throw him in jail. So at that point, what difference does it make. He will get a slap on the wrist and will be able to continue to infect the government with his abject stupidity.

All I know is what a Twitter Twit tweeted about happening. I have no idea what actually happened. I’m admittedly at the point that I assume Twitter Twit tweets are false until proven otherwise. Given that they’re proven false on a routine basis, I think it’s the logical position to take.
F7THqG2XIAEHeFM

They have him on camera doing it.

Why is it non violent? Someone could have gotten hurt.

A pathetic woman from Green County Indiana spent 14 days in prison for a non violent crime on Jan 6.

A congressman pulling a fire alarm to delay a vote should get the book thrown at him.
Is it a felony to do it in a high school? How many teenagers would be felons if it were. I think that it’s a nonviolent crime is self evident. Why aren’t the lawyers helping us out here. ;)

By the way, I don’t think comparing crimes and punishment is helpful. Each case has different facts and circumstances.

The Twit also alleged it was a felony. Is it?

Whatever the crime is, I hope he’s punished appropriately for it. Seems he should be censured by the House too.
I don't know. In Indiana it is a Class B misdemeanor but it becomes Class A if it substantially hinders any law enforcement process or if it results in harm to another person. Obstructing an official proceeding could add more on but I am not a lawyer and not invested enough to check.

I will be up front and say I am just in partisan **** this guy and his party mode so my opinion is coming from just pure dislike.

https://code.dccouncil.gov/us/dc/council/code/sections/22-1319

Misdemeanor … up to 6 months in jail and/or fine.

The political calculus was reported to be to allow Sen. Shumer to get a Senate CR passed with Ukrainian funds baked in. It was also reported that McCarthy had the foresight to organize Sen. Republicans to block such an effort which would have required 60 votes. The congressman took one for the team.

I would think the Capitol police would be capable of pursuing a misdemeanor. With a Republican speaker in charge of the Capitol police, it’s unlikely to be swept under the rug.

F7THqG2XIAEHeFM

They have him on camera doing it.
Some will say "that still proves nothing. Maybe the floor was slippery and he is just balancing himself. It's blurry it could be anyone. This is racist. We don't know where that door is actually, it could be anywhere. A twitter tweeter twatter probably photoshopped it. I'm a republican..... " I don't know who, but I am sure some one will :)

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Some will say "that still proves nothing. Maybe the floor was slippery and he is just balancing himself. It's blurry it could be anyone. This is racist. We don't know where that door is actually, it could be anywhere. A twitter tweeter twatter probably photoshopped it. I'm a republican..... " I don't know who, but I am sure some one will :)
Some? Who?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I would think the Capitol police would be capable of pursuing a misdemeanor. With a Republican speaker in charge of the Capitol police, it’s unlikely to be swept under the rug.

There needs to be consequences, but equating this to the Jan 6 rioters is idiotic, and those doing that know it.

The Republicans hold all the cards in the House, so whatever happens will be their call, not Garland's or Biden's or whoever's.

You're joking, right? "non violent" persons are in prison for years.

Treat him like a 1/6 defendant. Probably should be locked up until we can force him to plead guilty to disrupting a session of Congress in an attempt to thwart official business. Might take us a year to figure out his true intentions as well.

Nothing will happen though. I have disdain for the people that work in that building. I have more disdain for the party he is from. And I have even more disdain for the wing of his party he represents. Nothing they do to him is going to be enough for me because they won't kick him out and throw him in jail. So at that point, what difference does it make. He will get a slap on the wrist and will be able to continue to infect the government with his abject stupidity.
Solitary confinement.

Looks like he admitted?

https://code.dccouncil.gov/us/dc/council/code/sections/22-1319

Misdemeanor … up to 6 months in jail and/or fine.

The political calculus was reported to be to allow Sen. Shumer to get a Senate CR passed with Ukrainian funds baked in. It was also reported that McCarthy had the foresight to organize Sen. Republicans to block such an effort which would have required 60 votes. The congressman took one for the team.

Should be jailed and removed from Congress. Let them have a special election.

Looks like he admitted?

He thinks people are stupid enough to believe that he thought a fire alarm was a way to unlock a door. Perfect example of the ridiculous lies they tell knowing there’s a lot of stupid people that will buy the lies.

Republican‘ complaints about not getting all 12 appropriations bills done are sour grapes to me.
They could have easily agreed to forgo “vacation” and finished the bills before Labor Day, even if the Senate choose to leave without them (and forego input into the bills). All they had to do was ask McCarthy to do so.

I think Geatz is lashing himself to a post and lighting a bonfire beneath him.

There needs to be consequences, but equating this to the Jan 6 rioters is idiotic, and those doing that know it.

The Republicans hold all the cards in the House, so whatever happens will be their call, not Garland's or Biden's or whoever's.

Republican‘ complaints about not getting all 12 appropriations bills done are sour grapes to me.
They could have easily agreed to forgo “vacation” and finished the bills before Labor Day, even if the Senate choose to leave without them (and forego input into the bills). All they had to do was ask McCarthy to do so.

I think Geatz is lashing himself to a post and lighting a bonfire beneath him.
I'd light the match.

I love some of his philosophy, and I think he's very sincere about it, but he's his own worst enemy. He loves the limelight too much.

Reactions: 76-1
Does this jump straight to FBI / DOJ jurisdiction? Isn’t it first a Capitol Police matter? I don’t know who prosecutes in those cases. Do the legal beagles here know?

For me it’s any easy call - investigate, charge and prosecute as appropriate.
DOJ prosecutes. Just like many J6 defendants, he committed a felony for the purpose of obstructing government operations. Buffalo man got over three years.

If Garland doesn’t prosecute, Trump and his cohorts will have a field day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT