ADVERTISEMENT

Gabby Petito...

Very progressive of you, to recognize the importance/interest assigned to whiteness!
No, we know the names of certain white girls and usually the reason we know their names is because there was something sensational around the reason they disappeared.

Natalee Holloway was a teenager who disappeared on a HS graduation trip to Aruba. The international intrigue around that case brought her to the forefront. Petite was live blogging her trip and disappeared. Boyfriend who was blogging with her arrives home and lawyers up, refuses to talk, and then disappears. Laci Peterson had some outside the norm issues related as well. Namely that her husband who was front and center "looking" for her ended up being a psychopath who killed her.

The other reason I think white women in situations like this tend to get attention is because, in the U.S., white women are the least likely to be murdered. So when one of them dies in circumstances like this, it is more of a rarity. Women in general being murdered is more of a rarity. These women stay in the nees cycle because they don't get knocked out so soon by the next victim. There is almost a new black shooting victim in Indianapolis every day. Time does not get spent on them because they are constantly being pushed off the page for the next. Sad but true.

However, there are certain black males you probably know the names of because of the circumstances of their deaths. And that is media driven. When was the last time you heard much time being spent on a white person killed by police? I bet you could tick off several black males that have. Guess white guys getting killed by police don't matter as much either.

It is the circumstances behind the incidents that gets them in the news.

Race doesn't have to infect everything, but it's fair noting that the nation only seems to be gripped with the plight of missing petite, white girls. I've also seen it posted that someone in the media labeled her 'America's Daughter'. It's not a stretch to suggest that she probably wouldn't be called that if she were a POC.
Anything to divert attention from the inept
clown pretending to be a President.

America is healing. After two years of covid, it's nice to have the unsolved murder of a cute young white girl to hold our gaze again.

It's as American as Apple Pie and Baseball.

This is the point democrats have brought us.

Sad that the death of this girl has gone to this type of coverage. I think she has an axe to grind because of:

images

How about this? Since now we're seeing that this dude was was apparently carrying a red white and blue painted pistol, and further there are photos of Petito posing with the pistol, how about we say that Laundrie and Petito killed the couple in Utah? And ultimately Laundrie had to kill Petito because she was becoming a problem? That is, not a cooperative Bonnie to his Clyde.

I like it. I'm just not seeing that she's a complete innocent here. She seem(ed) a tad unstable.

Reactions: Lucy01
Would anyone care if it wasn't a young pretty blonde girl?
Women getting murdered or going missing is more of a story than it happening to a man. If you have a good looking woman then it becomes more attractive of a story. Whose fault is all this? It is the media. They decide what stories are pushed. Matt Walsh talked about a black woman in Chicago who was murdered some time back. She was killed by her black boyfriend. For some reason the media decided this was not a national story. Gabby Petito was a good looking girl who had been online cataloging her cross country trip. She had followers. So with all that the media decided it was a national story. I felt very bad when the video was shown about her interaction with the police. She was very nervous and sad. It's tragic. But it is tragic for all women or men who die too early.

John Walsh is on Brian’s trail he doesn’t stand a chance now!

Missing White Woman Syndrome (MWWS) is not new in the least, or a "woke" left spin job. The term was coined by the late journalist Gwen Ifill well over a decade ago to describe the media and public selective fascination with missing White women like Laci Peterson and Natalee Holloway
I believe it wasn't just "selective fascination", but also the fact that over a million people were being slaughtered in Rwanda while Americans were obsessed over Laci Peterson and Natalie Holloway...Gwen was pretty adept at pointing out hypocrisy and double standards...

I believe it wasn't just "selective fascination", but also the fact that over a million people were being slaughtered in Rwanda while Americans were obsessed over Laci Peterson and Natalie Holloway...Gwen was pretty adept at pointing out hypocrisy and double standards...
No idea of Gabby or Brian's politics- just that they had a you tube channel and documented their travels...
But what would this story be without the crazies weighing in, and as usual QAnon followers are leading the crazy parade...

The Qtips believe that Gabby is actually a crisis actor, or that she never even existed. Apparently Biden staged the entire event, in order to deflect attention away from his "failures. Some are even claiming the whole incident was designed to draw attention from the AZ FRAUDIT (not how they describe it) and the continuing Big Lie...

Personally I'd say the best scenario for Biden to deflect away from his failures is for Trump to announce he's running in 2024. Nothing better for lagging poll numbers than head to head competition with Trump on issues like trust and competency.

I just realized you meant Dog the Bounty Hunter not dog the dog.

Either way, he dead.
yes dog the bounty hunter. agreed re being dead, but at least now again they'll be some closure. having it drag on for months and months or even years would be terrible.

Reactions: larsIU
yes dog the bounty hunter. agreed re being dead, but at least now again they'll be some closure. having it drag on for months and months or even years would be terrible.
I saw that they're now looking for him on the Georgia section of the AT and have stopped the search in Florida, other than some air support. I roll my eyes everytime I hear him described as an expert at living off the land simply becaused he camped in a van for a summer or has hiked some AT sections with his now dead GF.

I think lars has it spot on. Dude is somewhere laying dead.

Reactions: DANC and larsIU
I saw that they're now looking for him on the Georgia section of the AT and have stopped the search in Florida, other than some air support. I roll my eyes everytime I hear him described as an expert at living off the land simply becaused he camped in a van for a summer or has hiked some AT sections with his now dead GF.

I think lars has it spot on. Dude is somewhere laying dead.
for sure. he's not rambo. IG fame doesn't equate to survivalist. the fbi would step on their dicks for months embroiled in red tape, bureaucracy, procedures, and protocols. now that dog has found love again he's reinvigorated. he'll smoke somebody out that saw/heard something and find the guy. my guess is sooner than later. and yes the guy will be dead

Reactions: larsIU
She played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

"violated EVERY rule of deadly force".

You're full of shit, again.
Yeah, just like George Floyd did when he resisted arrest.

Interesting that you think that was justified with your brain-dead "played a stupid game and won a stupid prize" and that you're so solidly behind justified police killings. Roguespierre.

Yeah, just like George Floyd did when he resisted arrest.

Interesting that you think that was justified with your brain-dead "played a stupid game and won a stupid prize" and that you're so solidly behind justified police killings. Roguespierre.
Your mind is broken if you think the George Floyd and Ashlie Babbit circumstances were the same. One was a mob invading the occupied Housed chambers. The other was one man pinned down in the street surrounded by cops.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Your mind is broken if you think the George Floyd and Ashlie Babbit circumstances were the same. One was a mob invading the occupied Housed chambers. The other was one man pinned down in the street surrounded by cops.
He was resisting arrest. I'm just using Mr. Charlie's logic here.

If you have a problem with my post, rag on his, too.

No idea of Gabby or Brian's politics- just that they had a you tube channel and documented their travels...
But what would this story be without the crazies weighing in, and as usual QAnon followers are leading the crazy parade...

The Qtips believe that Gabby is actually a crisis actor, or that she never even existed. Apparently Biden staged the entire event, in order to deflect attention away from his "failures. Some are even claiming the whole incident was designed to draw attention from the AZ FRAUDIT (not how they describe it) and the continuing Big Lie...

Personally I'd say the best scenario for Biden to deflect away from his failures is for Trump to announce he's running in 2024. Nothing better for lagging poll numbers than head to head competition with Trump on issues like trust and competency.

Sweet Jesus. If you look hard enough, you can make anything a pro/con Biden conspiracy. Those QAnon folks really need to find new hobbies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT