ADVERTISEMENT

"Friends until I find out you voted for Trump"!

Thought occurred to me while reading this thread.

The Water Cooler does serve a useful purpose.

Coolerites get all their political animosity off their chests, so they then can have normal relations with friends.

Yet I'm sure you found a way to vote for Clinton and Biden...
Clinton's moral issues came out in his 2nd term. He never ran for another election so not sure what your point is.

Biden hasn't done anything (propaganda bs doesnt count) and when compared to trump, he is a Saint. Even if some of the bs was true, it was Biden vs Trump. Those with morals only had 1 choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
My late mother-in-law grew up in rural south Georgia (Coffee county, one hotbed in the GA case where Trump wanted to seize voting machines). Every summer they have a reunion weekend for her descendants and those of her 7 siblings. That area in Georgia is hard-core Trump territory and my wife's relatives who live there love to show their Trump loyalty in every way. They are pretty overtly racist too.

This year, curiously, the reunion invitations went out and some people who usually attend did not get their invitations. Specifically, my sister-in-law, a very vocal anti-Trumper who is a school teacher.

My wife wants to go and she was invited. She's more liberal than me (an Independent) but she never gets into politics discussion with her relatives, She is trying to convince her sister to go anyway. But my wife is dreading the political talk and feels she will be the next in line to get permanently disinvited for not being racist enough.

I usually go to this reunion, and as a former farm boy I can often steer the conversation away from politics.

Anyway, this is not a weekend I am looking forward to. Next month sometime. Hot as hell too.
Dress up as stormy daniels and Michael Cohen. Go out with a bang

That's rough. I have a few in-laws that can't keep their Trump worship to themselves. Fortunately only see them a few times a year

Saying inflation was 9 percent is a very serious lie. That’s only one example. He is our representative and he is lying to us about things material to our lives. Our businesses. Decisions we make. Biden is not fit to be president. He is a lifelong politician. Truth? Values? Please …. Getting re-elected is his end and nothing more
Most media/entertainment companies are quick to label trump's lies...and that is fine. I just wish they were half as quick to label Biden's lies. "9%" JFC.

It is interesting. My friend groups are pretty evenly divided so there’s very little talk of politics. My old college teammates chat is by far my most active group. Lots of foreigners from Argentina to England to Serbia. I’d say lefties outnumber us by 22-3.
My friends and family from both ends of the spectrum are quick to make political comments in social and family settings. The liberals somewhat more agressive than the trumpies.

I keep my mouth shut. When I make a positive comment about Biden I am judged a trumper and the exact reverse when I make a positive comment about trump's term.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Most media/entertainment companies are quick to label trump's lies...and that is fine. I just wish they were half as quick to label Biden's lies. "9%" JFC.

Fox News/News Max/Conservative Radio isn't constantly calling Biden a liar (even when not lying)?

It would be nice if all news outlets could stick to facts and point out lies from both sides but unfortunately not the world we live in.

I think fact checkers like snopes does a good job of being fair when calling out lies.

Fox News/News Max/Conservative Radio isn't constantly calling Biden a liar (even when not lying)?

I think fact checkers like snopes does a good job of being fair when calling out lies.
I rarely hear FOx and never the other two. And I have zero expectations of MSNBC

Let me restate as: CNN. CBS, NBC, ABC, NPR

I rarely hear FOx and never the other two. And I have zero expectations of MSNBC

Let me restate as: CNN. CBS, NBC, ABC, NPR

Fox News is by the far the most watched news station. I think Fox is still number 1 even if you combine the others.

I don't watch any of them but of course they should all be commenting on lying when it happens on either side.

Fox News is by the far the most watched news station. I think Fox is still number 1 even if you combine the others.

I don't watch any of them but of course they should all be commenting on lying when it happens on either side.
It’s overwhelmingly left. it’s impossible for you to be objective about anything. The major news networks. 60 minutes. Late night talk shows. The major newspapers (online) etc. all bent for Biden. Liberal.

You don’t watch any of them. Your brain is poisoned with propaganda. Mhmmm. You’ve never had an independent thought.

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
Clinton's moral issues came out in his 2nd term. He never ran for another election so not what your point is.

Biden hasn't done anything (propaganda bs doesnt count) and when compared to trump, he is a Saint. Even if some of the bs was true, it was Biden vs Trump. Those with morals only had 1 choice.
#metoo, unless you accuse a Democrat

Reactions: jet812 and stollcpa
Primarily because of Trump, so it’s still him as most polarizing.
The Democrats have done nothing but accuse Trump of being a Russian asset when it is the Biden family that has been receiving money from Russia< Ukraine and China. They claim he is homophobic but was actually the first president to support gay marriage and yet the only person there is footage of being anti-gay marriage is Joe Biden. They have claimed he is racist but the only person they prove is racist is Joe Biden, many quotes, many actions to support him being racist. The Democrats are the ones that have constantly gone after Republicans, calling them deplorables, idiots telling people to get in their faces and make them uncomfortable. Trumps attacks have always been on Democrat leaders. Democrats are the ones that supported antifa and their riots.

The Democrats have done nothing but accuse Trump of being a Russian asset when it is the Biden family that has been receiving money from Russia< Ukraine and China. They claim he is homophobic but was actually the first president to support gay marriage and yet the only person there is footage of being anti-gay marriage is Joe Biden. They have claimed he is racist but the only person they prove is racist is Joe Biden, many quotes, many actions to support him being racist. The Democrats are the ones that have constantly gone after Republicans, calling them deplorables, idiots telling people to get in their faces and make them uncomfortable. Trumps attacks have always been on Democrat leaders. Democrats are the ones that supported antifa and their riots.
Is this a test to try to find something true among all the lies?

9%

R.34e6b4e9c24acc41624cdba7b2bb1bd8

The first President to support gay marriage was President Obama. He and Biden both changed their mind on that issue, as did most people according to polls. I didn't believe Obama or Biden when they said they opposed gay marriage and were in favor of civil unions instead and I doubt anyone that voted for Obama (I did not) believed him either.

Of course Democrats constantly go after Republicans. Republicans constantly go after Democrats too. It's the ugly side of politics. I have a tough enough hide for it not to bother me.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Franken, Cuomo, Weiner...dems don't defend their politicians that have scandals. And their crap wasn't anywhere near as bad as Trump.
Whoa Sparky.

"Dems don't defend thir politicians that have scandals"?????

Franken was begrudgeingly removed but many supported him all along.

You fine folks STILL defend and make excuses for Clinton....and Clinton

Dems have defended Jack kennedy all along.

Dems defended Teddy Kennedy all along

Weiner? Not even you could defend that, but i bet you tried.

Whoa Sparky.

"Dems don't defend thir politicians that have scandals"?????

Franken was begrudgeingly removed but many supported him all along.

You fine folks STILL defend and make excuses for Clinton....and Clinton

Dems have defended Jack kennedy all along.

Dems defended Teddy Kennedy all along

Weiner? Not even you could defend that, but i bet you tried.
Find the post where I tried. You would be wrong as usual.

Nice deflection, but by your avoidance...at least you admit your post was nonsense.
Nope, your response was nonsense.

Kennedy was before my time and main defense of Clinton was that it was a personal matter since it wasn't illegal, just immoral. Clinton wouldn't have won reelection so your yabbut was nonsense.

Last edited:
The self righteous posters on here questioning the character of any Trump voter truly pisses me off.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Nope, your response was nonsense.

Kennedy was before my time and main defense of Clinton was that it was a personal matter since it wasn't illegal, just immoral. Clinton wouldn't have won reelection so your yabbut was nonsense.
lol. Kennedy is extremely well documented.

Thanks for demonstrating my point

“Dems don't defend their politicians that have scandals". lol

I am very fortunate in that I have several friends who are conservative, but no one I see on a regular basis is a Trump supporter. And yes, it absolutely does make me question their character and their value system. It’s more than politics with Trump.
As a teacher, what is your opinion of someone’s character that plagiarizes?

The self righteous posters on here questioning the character of any Trump voter truly pisses me off.
Lol what pisses me off is people that pretended to have the moral high ground and then voted for Trump.

So yea, people who put party over their supposed morals should have their character questioned.

As a teacher, what is your opinion of someone’s character that plagiarizes?
I’d consider it wrong, but something that nearly everyone has done at some point, at some level in their life. Not quite rising to the level of 89 indictments, cheating charities, having a fake school, screwing contractors out of their pay, and sexually abusing multiple women.

Reactions: outside shooter
Trump is a polarizing figure, for sure. Everyone is entitled to support whoever they want...but Trump's personality, and his past words and actions, sure do trigger a lot of people. This is not a normal party line affiliation thing...he's said and done quite a lot of uniquely horrible things in his life and career. I think the reactions he generates do more to galvanize his followers beliefs than anything he's done himself...certainly more so than anything POSITIVE he's done himself.

Maybe your wife had already had these convos with this ex friend of hers...but I wonder if they were genuinely friends, why either of them would let a fat ass, ego maniac, dumb, dick head like Trump get in the way of their friendship? Its very strange to me...and to take if further...why anyone would let an old, senile, dementia laden, career politician, dick head like Biden get in the way of their friendship...also strange to me.
If that is what is happening then IMHO they never had a real friendship.

Lol what pisses me off is people that pretended to have the moral high ground and then voted for Trump.

So yea, people who put party over their supposed morals should have their character questioned.
Well your last statement covers about 99% of America, lol. I read these threads and the word "moral" keeps coming up and it is hilarious.

That's absolutely not true. It happens both ways.

I'm my experience it's rare on both sides, although I wouldn't be surprised to find it's becoming more common.
I remember a lot of backlash against people who voted for Trump. I remember reading articles saying it’s ok to shame people for voting for Trump.

I don’t remember ever seeing similar articles about Hilary or Joe Biden.

I think it’s MUCH more common in one direction.

Reactions: stollcpa
I remember a lot of backlash against people who voted for Trump. I remember reading articles saying it’s ok to shame people for voting for Trump.

I don’t remember ever seeing similar articles about Hilary or Joe Biden.

I think it’s MUCH more common in one direction.

Trump supporters are much too sensitive. Criticism of Republicans in general by left leaning media and by the liberals and moonbats isn’t new. Man up and ignore them. Hell, if you fly a “**** JOE BIDEN” flag or wear a “**** YOUR FEELINGS” shirt, you’re looking for confrontation and shouldn’t be surprised to get it.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT