ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE ARCHIE!!!!!!!!!

Archie knows how to coach. If you idiots can't see that, you don't know basketball.

His recruiting has been the issue. I think it's fair to say he isn't a dynamic personality... and I think that's hurt him so far. This next class will be another set of solid BB players. His 2021 class is huge barometer for his future... and that will be obvious by next fall.

The only thing holding the current team back is a top 20 level #1 guard. We are missing basically the one guy that can carry a team for a few possessions and get a bucket..... and that takes you from being a 30ish team to a 10-15ish team.

I think he'll be just fine, and fans will be happy they had some patience. Let the guy grow into the job a little bit. This was definitely a big step up for him. But doesn't mean it wasn't the correct long term play.
If the colts had a quarterback they would have made the playoffs. Lots of ifs and buts in your statement.

If the colts had a quarterback they would have made the playoffs. Lots of ifs and buts in your statement.

No better options, I'd rather let a young guy try to grow other than a retread. And a retread will be all in our future from here.

See UCLA. We will get worse than that.... and then what? More bitching from the cheap seats.

No better options, I'd rather let a young guy try to grow other than a retread. And a retread will be all in our future from here.

See UCLA. We will get worse than that.... and then what? More bitching from the cheap seats.
UCLA fired a coach that went like 31-6 one year in Alford I would never ask to fire a coach that did what he did at UCLA

Reactions: iulb
ok- What superstition Is it to shake Herman B Wells hand outside Chemistry building. His statue obviously
Once again your post is barely intelligible, but there was no Herman B. Wells statue when I was attending IU. You're giving feepaw a run for his money as the least intelligent poster here.

UCLA fired a coach that went like 31-6 one year in Alford I would never ask to fire a coach that did what he did at UCLA

Go look at his schedule. He played less top 40 teams in a 3 month stretch than IU plays in 3 weeks of a normal season. He's a joke. That was his one good year.....a S16 loss..... in his 6 year tenure.

Once again your post is barely intelligible, but there was no Herman B. Wells statue when I was attending IU. You're giving feepaw a run for his money as the least intelligent poster here.
So you haven’t been back to visit the campus what a fan u are.

Ok one more hot shot- what bar serves yards of beer in Bloomington and Is located next to the crazy horse.
I think you probably flunked out of IU. Am I right? I hope so because you post like English is your second language and you're obviously an emotional midget.

I'm out - actually have to get up an earn a few more bucks tomorrow. Someone has to pay for you deadbeats. ;)

So you haven’t been back to visit the campus what a fan u are.
Might as well do you a favor before I hit the hay. What you meant to say was, "So you haven’t been back to visit the campus? What kind of a fan are you?"

You aren't very smart.

Reactions: MrBing
Archie knows how to coach. If you idiots can't see that, you don't know basketball

The goal isn’t to know how to coach or whatever hell you’re trying to say. Does he know how to offense? How about know how to get his teams to play consistently hard?

That’s the pac 10 hardly his fault

The B1G is a fkm meat grinder. Plenty of people can put up gaudy numbers playing in a conference where half the teams are garbage. IU has the hardest schedule in the entire nation, from here to the house. Grind out 4-5 more wins, get some post season taste. .... and then keep growing.

Or cry in the corner like a 4 yr old that got his toy taken away. Up to you.

The goal isn’t to know how to coach or whatever hell you’re trying to say. Does he know how to offense? How about know how to get his teams to play consistently hard?

I haven't seem a team not play hard since the NW home game. Team played hard last night.... tied at the half. They just can't make shots, nor do they have a legit guy that can just go get his own shot.

Please point to any team in the country that is successful without having a really good guard that can get his shot when needed during tight games. It's fkn basketball... it's not that complicated.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Archie knows how to coach. If you idiots can't see that, you don't know basketball.

His recruiting has been the issue. I think it's fair to say he isn't a dynamic personality... and I think that's hurt him so far. This next class will be another set of solid BB players. His 2021 class is huge barometer for his future... and that will be obvious by next fall.

The only thing holding the current team back is a top 20 level #1 guard. We are missing basically the one guy that can carry a team for a few possessions and get a bucket..... and that takes you from being a 30ish team to a 10-15ish team.

I think he'll be just fine, and fans will be happy they had some patience. Let the guy grow into the job a little bit. This was definitely a big step up for him. But doesn't mean it wasn't the correct long term play.
Even if he isn't all the poorly written Tourette's like criticisms with very little thought or insight added will do nothing but clog the conversation with stupidity.

Why people thinking yelling Fire Archie or doing a teenage break up letter and stating "Im done" is a thought worth sharing or writing is beyond me.... It's fking "dumb"...

If we wanted to actually talk about concerns - high level recruiting, strategies/game prep, being too easy on players/mistakes - the thread soon gets clogged with the basketball challenged Menorrhagia infected monkeys flinging sh*t all over the place.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Even if he isn't all the poorly written Tourette's like criticisms with very little thought or insight added will do nothing but clog the conversation with stupidity.

Why people thinking yelling Fire Archie or doing a teenage break up letter and stating "Im done" is a thought worth sharing or writing is beyond me.... It's fking "dumb"...

If we wanted to actually talk about concerns - high level recruiting, strategies/game prep, being too easy on players/mistakes - the thread soon gets clogged with the basketball challenged Menorrhagia infected monkeys flinging sh*t all over the place.

I think teenage girls have a few steps up on the emotional stability of IU fans.

I haven't seem a team not play hard since the NW home game. Team played hard last night.... tied at the half. They just can't make shots, nor do they have a legit guy that can just go get his own shot.

Please point to any team in the country that is successful without having a really good guard that can get his shot when needed during tight games. It's fkn basketball... it's not that complicated.

We have different definitions for what playing hard looks like. The loss at Rutgers I thought we competed and play hard, but not last night. The team is soft, which is one thing the coach has control over.

We have different definitions for what playing hard looks like. The loss at Rutgers I thought we competed and play hard, but not last night. The team is soft, which is one thing the coach has control over.

Can agree this was not the case in the 2nd half. Piss poor effort & execution.

They played soft after they got dejected from their misses. That's what happens in literally every College BB game you'll watch.. You have a guard that makes literally 2 outside shots last night.... entirely different game.

Only point...the margin between W and L it's a lot closer than you think. Particularly when you are playing top 40 teams every tip

Thus program has a long way to go. But it will get there.

I think teenage girls have a few steps up on the emotional stability of IU fans.
4 NCAA tournaments in 11 years. Archie is on his way to 0-3. Quit telling people to be patient. Our problem is IU fans have been TOO patient.

Reactions: bailey777
They played soft after they got dejected from their misses. That's what happens in literally every College BB game you'll watch.. You have a guard that makes literally 2 outside shots last night.... entirely different game.

Only point...the margin between W and L it's a lot closer than you think. Particularly when you are playing top 40 teams every tip

Thus program has a long way to go. But it will get there.

Get where? Top 25ish program? Most likely. Top 10 & national championship? I think it's more likely @T.M.P. will write me a love letter and @fpeaugh will refrain from using hyperbole for a month.

My biggest issue is on the defensive end. I had hoped we turned a corner after the OSU and Rutgers games, but we regressed back to our norm in Maryland and PSU games. The guards aren't talented offensively, but there isn't any reason the team can't be a top 10 defense. That's squarely on Archie.

What exactly is Archie great at that makes you so sure we will get there? He isn't an elite recruiter. His teams are average on offense. His teams defensively aren't elite. Go compare his teams defensively to Bennett. It's night and day difference. Archie is a plebeian when it comes to college coaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: fpeaugh
Go look at his schedule. He played less top 40 teams in a 3 month stretch than IU plays in 3 weeks of a normal season. He's a joke. That was his one good year.....a S16 loss..... in his 6 year tenure.
How many top 40 teams did ARchie play while at Dayton, we can go all night long on this.

I disagree. They were getting beat for loose balls all night, including the tip. Brunk was being dominated right off the bat by the shorter white stiff. I think what you were seeing is our definition of playing hard. Knight used to say concerning some teams/players "they think they're playing hard, they're not". When a team is really playing its ass off it's noticeable. There's no debate about it.

Get where? Top 25ish program? Most likely. Top 10 & national championship? I think it's more likely @T.M.P. will write me a love letter and @fpeaugh will refrain from using hyperbole for a month.

My biggest issue is on the defensive end. I had hoped we turned a corner after the OSU and Rutgers games, but we regressed back to our norm in Maryland and PSU games. The guards aren't that talented on offense, but there isn't any reason the team can't be a top 10 defense. That's squarely on Archie.

What exactly is Archie great at that makes you so sure we will get there? Something you can point to and know we're elite at. He isn't an elite recruiter. His teams are average on offense. His teams defensively aren't elite. Go compare his teams defensively to Bennett. It's night and day difference. Archie is a plebeian when it comes to college coaches.

Where did I say anywhere that he was great at anything.... at least right now. I think he is a very competent coach.... but to this point hasn't recruited at a high enough level to make the next step up. It's not difficult to watch a game objectively and see exactly what the missing piece is for this team..... which takes a team that is 15-6 and makes them 18-2.

The next 14 months or so will tell enough about where we are going, or not going. I don't see a better answer out there, anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: T.M.P.
Most of the defenders in this thread won’t come near this place after today, though they have to be running out of excuses for the team’s play.

Ouch. Could you three have been more wrong? I don’t think it’s possible.
I’ll own mine.

I still think he’ll get another year. But today was incredibly painful - mostly due to the lack of heart. And I don’t see the rest of the season ending well.

If Archie is let go at year’s end, he can’t say he didn’t have it coming. I still think this team isn’t all that talented and it has horrible (read: NO) leadership. But they look totally lost, and that at some point has to be on the coaching staff.

I’ll own mine.

I still think he’ll get another year. But today was incredibly painful - mostly due to the lack of heart. And I don’t see the rest of the season ending well.

If Archie is let go at year’s end, he can’t say he didn’t have it coming. I still think this team isn’t all that talented and it has horrible (read: NO) leadership. But they look totally lost, and that at some point has to be on the coaching staff.
Well at least you’re owning it instead of attacking and blaming me.

I realize my opinion won’t mean much here but I don’t think IU should get rid of Archie this year. The two ways to build a winning roster are to go the 1 and done route or get old and stay old. Since the first option only works for about 6-8 schools most schools should try to go the way of getting old and I think that’s what Archie is trying to do.

next years core is basically the same as this year only everyone is a year older. Green can take over a game but I don’t think most of you guys are losing sleep about him graduating this year and Davis never plays from what I’ve seen. That leaves a solid rotation of players before additions.

Frontcourt

Brunk - been better than I thought he would be for you guys. I think he’ll be a steady presence down low.

TJD - star. Probably going to be all conference and will force double teams

Race and Smith - both will be in their 4th year under Archie and will provide value.

Backcourt

Durham and Rob - upperclassmen who have had good moments already and will need to be a leaders for the team.

Hunter - think he’ll be a breakout candidate after getting a year under his belt. The graphic they showed during the game showed that he was shooting well recently and I thought he played good today. Respected enough that he drew Purdue’s best defender in eastern.

franklin - he’ll also have a year under his belt and should be better.

freshman - don’t know much about 2 of the 3 but I know I wanted Galloway to commit to Purdue for a long time. He’s the type of player that every team should want.

I think that group is a sharpshooter from deep away from being a top 20 team. Good thing is that there is scholarship room to add a grad transfer shooter in the summer.

I think bringing in a new coach would only make next years squad suffer learning a new system and would set IU back in the loaded 21 class in the state as far as relationships built. If a veteran group next season doesn’t make noise then the seat should probably get warm.

I realize my opinion won’t mean much here but I don’t think IU should get rid of Archie this year. The two ways to build a winning roster are to go the 1 and done route or get old and stay old. Since the first option only works for about 6-8 schools most schools should try to go the way of getting old and I think that’s what Archie is trying to do.

next years core is basically the same as this year only everyone is a year older. Green can take over a game but I don’t think most of you guys are losing sleep about him graduating this year and Davis never plays from what I’ve seen. That leaves a solid rotation of players before additions.

Frontcourt

Brunk - been better than I thought he would be for you guys. I think he’ll be a steady presence down low.

Race and Smith - both will be in their 4th year under Archie and will provide value.

Backcourt

Durham and Rob - upperclassmen who have had good moments already and will need to be a leaders for the team.

Hunter - think he’ll be a breakout candidate after getting a year under his belt. The graphic they showed during the game showed that he was shooting well recently and I thought he played good today. Respected enough that he drew Purdue’s best defender in eastern.

freshman - don’t know much about 2 of the 3 but I know I wanted Galloway to commit to Purdue for a long time. He’s the type of player that every team should want.

I think that group is a sharpshooter from deep away from being a top 20 team. Good thing is that there is scholarship room to add a grad transfer shooter in the summer.

I think bringing in a new coach would only make next years squad suffer learning a new system and would set IU back in the loaded 21 class in the state as far as relationships built. If a veteran group next season doesn’t make noise then the seat should probably get warm.

If I were you, I would want him to stick around too....

I’ll own mine.

Another year for what? More crappy bbal to watch.

Frontcourt

Backcourt

You cannot honestly think given the level of play we are going to land any of these top 2021 players. Not to mention they all know archie is on very borrowed time. Recruiting is likely dead.

Reactions: IUgradman
Man, that didn’t age well for those dumb enough to call for that, huh???:D

Nice win, Hoosiers!!

And hire Holtmann. OSU is killing it. LOL

Go cry on your mom's pillow tonight! lol!!!!!

Condolences to victim, fraudpaw, Ordfan and Kryer on the IU win.

I believe Feepaw said that not only will this team be worse than last year but it is one of the least talented rosters in IU history.

Granted our guards have way underachieved this year. If we can get any kind of guard play, we can beat anyone.

Unfortunately we go as our guards go and they were good tonight (except for Green).

How many games will it take for you to believe this team is learning how to play hard and play together? Green wasn't following the plan and he is sitting.

Archie saw our development was being killed by people taking bad shots and being careless. Players were becoming frustrated and not rewarded for good team play over personal gains.

Green can play again once he stops taking fade away 3s that lead to scores on the other end of the court, contested runners and turning the ball over with bad decisions.

Archie is coaching and learning from the mistakes of last year.
Talk about not aging well...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT