ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE ARCHIE!!!!!!!!!

You simply have never lived in reality. You were the leader of the Crean cult for about 8 years as well. I’d love to be proven wrong on Archie but unless recruiting does a 180 I’m afraid I won’t be. And your guarantees will be wrong just like they have been for years.
And yet... I don't see you addressing your own ridiculous quotes that were presented to you - you only attack others who point out how wrong you have been. At least you admitted that your Brunk = Fitzner quote was off... but only barely by stating that Brunk is BARELY better than Fitzner. With quotes like that, and others shown above... how can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't admit your own mistakes?

You simply have never lived in reality. You were the leader of the Crean cult for about 8 years as well. I’d love to be proven wrong on Archie but unless recruiting does a 180 I’m afraid I won’t be. And your guarantees will be wrong just like they have been for years.
Not gonna address the quotes, eh? Figures.

You should probably just log off until this “dumpster fire” you’re pining for comes. You look like a fool.

And yet... I don't see you addressing your own ridiculous quotes that were presented to you - you only attack others who point out how wrong you have been. At least you admitted that your Brunk = Fitzner quote was off... but only barely by stating that Brunk is BARELY better than Fitzner. With quotes like that, and others shown above... how can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't admit your own mistakes?
Again, I hope I am proven wrong. There’s no bigger IU basketball fan than me. But so far that hasn’t happened. Not by a long shot.

A lot of good things this year. I like the improvement. But I stand by everything I’ve said regarding my belief of Archie as IU’s coach.

Reactions: cryano
Not totally sold on Archie just yet, I'm waiting to see if he can coach the team to wins like this consistently. Yeah, we've beaten Michigan St 3 times in a row (maybe we just have their number). When Penn St beat Ohio St all 3 times they played them a couple of years ago, which were the only 3 losses that Ohio St had to Big 10 opponents that year, did Pat Chambers suddenly become "The Guy" or the "Savior of the Program"? Did Penn St suddenly expect to win Big 10 championships and make deep tournament runs every year because of that? A good win over a top team doesn't make a season, despite Crean declaring "We're Back" after we beat Kentucky with the "Wat-shot".

Again, I hope I am proven wrong. There’s no bigger IU basketball fan than me. But so far that hasn’t happened. Not by a long shot.

A lot of good things this year. I like the improvement. But I stand by everything I’ve said regarding my belief of Archie as IU’s coach.
We know you stand by everything you say. And that's the problem. You've now qualified it as stating that you stand by everything you say about your belief of Archie as IU's coach. But you never admit when you are wrong about most anything. A little humility would go a long way. How about an easy one? You can admit that you were wrong about Brunk being a slight improvement on Fitzner. Come on... it's easy. You can admit it.

Reactions: minneman
After the smackdown you received from TD courtesy of the quotes he linked, you should probably take another long sabbatical, because you got the shiznit smacked outta yourself.

Not totally sold on Archie just yet, I'm waiting to see if he can coach the team to wins like this consistently. Yeah, we've beaten Michigan St 3 times in a row (maybe we just have their number). When Penn St beat Ohio St all 3 times they played them a couple of years ago, which were the only 3 losses that Ohio St had to Big 10 opponents that year, did Pat Chambers suddenly become "The Guy" or the "Savior of the Program"? Did Penn St suddenly expect to win Big 10 championships and make deep tournament runs every year because of that? A good win over a top team doesn't make a season, despite Crean declaring "We're Back" after we beat Kentucky with the "Wat-shot".
Agree there’s still a lot left to prove - but I honestly don’t think you can beat a program like Tom Izzo’s 3 straight times by not doing a lot of things right.

Defense first comes to mind. I read a tweet somewhere that since the Maryland game, we had given up 312 points in 345 possessions over 5 games - an average of .904 points per possession. That will win you a LOT of games.

Biggest takeaway from Thursday? We stayed committed to taking the ball inside. Notice there were no 10 minute scoring droughts? Yeah, we did go around 4 minutes before halftime - but that can be credited to MSU getting after us on D more than us taking a lot of poor shots.

Tomorrow. I’m really interested in seeing the carryover - can we continue the good things and improve on FT’s? We’ll see . . .

Agree there’s still a lot left to prove - but I honestly don’t think you can beat a program like Tom Izzo’s 3 straight times by not doing a lot of things right.

Defense first comes to mind. I read a tweet somewhere that since the Maryland game, we had given up 312 points in 345 possessions over 5 games - an average of .904 points per possession. That will win you a LOT of games.

Biggest takeaway from Thursday? We stayed committed to taking the ball inside. Notice there were no 10 minute scoring droughts? Yeah, we did go around 4 minutes before halftime - but that can be credited to MSU getting after us on D more than us taking a lot of poor shots.

Tomorrow. I’m really interested in seeing the carryover - can we continue the good things and improve on FT’s? We’ll see . . .

Yeah, I thought what I said sounded a little more preachy and negative when I thought about it afterwards. I think if we can get 2 or 3 wins out of the rest of our road games (Penn St, Michigan, Ohio St, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota), I'd be more confident in the direction the program is heading. If IU gets back to the point of making me think, "Doesn't matter who or where we play, we can win", I'll get fully back on the bandwagon.

Reactions: Al Bino
Yeah, I thought what I said sounded a little more preachy and negative when I thought about it afterwards. I think if we can get 2 or 3 wins out of the rest of our road games (Penn St, Michigan, Ohio St, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota), I'd be more confident in the direction the program is heading. If IU gets back to the point of making me think, "Doesn't matter who or where we play, we can win", I'll get fully back on the bandwagon.
With this team our margin of error is so slim - primarily due to our guards.

Phin is back playing well, which helps. Al had played much better lately, but he’s still not the most talented guy. I think Franklin could end up being pretty good, but he’s up and down, as most freshmen are prone to. Devonte is on a short leash now (it appears) but is capable of going off within a given game.

Consistency. So many of these guys have shown flashes of improvement. Now it’s time to put it together game after game. It’s why tomorrow is such a huge opportunity.

Reactions: Al Bino and cryano

.9 per possession would place them around top 15 on defensive efficiency (this year), which is elite. Without looking up the numbers, I thought the OSU game was our best defensive game of the season and wouldn’t be surprised if it was one of Archie’s best at IU.

Earlier in the season we were ranked in the 50s in def. eff. and 20s in the off. eff. Those numbers have basically flipped flopped (59 off. & 31 def.). Every team that won the national title (since 2002), but one has been in the top 20 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. Most have been in the top 15. The biggest concern with Archie is on the offensive end and recruiting.

Last edited:
After the smackdown you received from TD courtesy of the quotes he linked, you should probably take another long sabbatical, because you got the shiznit smacked outta yourself.
What’re you talking about son? The rest of us remember Taz doing this same thing after every Crean win. And Crean had a lot better teams than this. Use your head.

We know you stand by everything you say. And that's the problem. You've now qualified it as stating that you stand by everything you say about your belief of Archie as IU's coach. But you never admit when you are wrong about most anything. A little humility would go a long way. How about an easy one? You can admit that you were wrong about Brunk being a slight improvement on Fitzner. Come on... it's easy. You can admit it.
I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong. I’ve done it several times on here. I admitted I was wrong on Archie. The first year and a half I thought he was a good coach.

And yes I was wrong on Brunk. He’s no all conference player but he’s a lot better than Fitzner.

You are on record saying fans should root for losses until Archie is fired and you called on fans to boo the team in the NIT. So let me fix that for you: there is no bigger entitled, contrarian, self important, dismissive, oblivious, pseudo fan than you.
Here you go:
At this point every IU fan who genuinely cares about being elite again should be rooting for losses.

Reactions: IndyAuthor
We can all agree Archie has done better this season but still has alot to prove the rest of season and recruiting. If we make the tournament and add a couple recruits in the top 100 I will be happy.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
We can all agree Archie has done better this season but still has alot to prove the rest of season and recruiting. If we make the tournament and add a couple recruits in the top 100 I will be happy.
That’s fair.

Who knows , we may come out flat as a pancake today. Reverting back to bad habits, forcing outside shots instead of running the offense to get the ball inside, committing brainless turnovers.

I’m interested in seeing us build on something. That is truly when we’ll know what we have with this team/coach.

Reactions: Al Bino
This is an honest question. How does autocorrect allow you post “alot?” Do you not have autocorrect? Do you force it? Just asking the question took extra effort due to autocorrect and I’m curious because you use that word, which isn’t a word, and so do several other posters. A lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
You are on record saying fans should root for losses until Archie is fired and you called on fans to boo the team in the NIT. So let me fix that for you: there is no bigger entitled, contrarian, self important, dismissive, oblivious, pseudo fan than you.

Actually, I think the team hearing boos from the crowd at home during the stretch of losing 12 of 13 games because of (most likely) personal b.s. wouldn't have been a bad thing. If I was Archie last year and saw the same players giving the same half assed effort every game, not only would've I have pulled them from the game, I would have told them, "Go back to the locker room and get dressed. You don't want to play, don't even put on the uniform." Would it have cost us some games? Probably, but hopefully it would send a message to the other palyers.

Right now expectations are pretty easy for Archie, just make the tourney. Next year I expect them to be top 10 preseason especially if Hunter keeps getting better this is when the pressure will build on Arch.

Left Dayton because he said there was no win to win there. Dayton ranked #7 and Archie trying to figure out what the Top 25 is

I am a bigger fan than you. No question about it. What metric would you like to use in this fandom? Ill Kenpom the hell out of our fandom.

I am a bigger fan than you. No question about it. What metric would you like to use in this fandom? Ill Kenpom the hell out of our fandom.
You forgot to say that it's "not even debatable." His go to phrase to try to shut down arguments on things which are totally debatable. Although, in this case I would guess that you are a bigger fan than him since I don't think he's really a fan.

Maybe add a "kid" and/or "catch up,"

Is it appropriate to bump this thread again?
Sure, I’ll bump it.

Wanna hit Archie on guys not being held accountable? Got no problem there. IU was missing guys like Jerome and Race that might have helped with the inside foul trouble, but the guards didn’t show up, either. Biggest culprit is Green - his sloppy play is the common denominator in here poor road performances.

Reactions: MrBing
Sure, I’ll bump it.

Wanna hit Archie on guys not being held accountable? Got no problem there. IU was missing guys like Jerome and Race that might have helped with the inside foul trouble, but the guards didn’t show up, either. Biggest culprit is Green - his sloppy play is the common denominator in here poor road performances.

Green was sloppy, terrible.

Brunk played as poorly as I could have imagined. Durham, Phin and Franklin were all bad. DA can’t hit the side of a barn, but we knew this already. At least he got a ton of minutes.

this team seemed very unprepared. They seemed apathetic. Sloppy would be an understatement, there were multiple turnovers where the ball was just flying randomly up in the air. The substitutions and minutes allocated were head scratchers.

It sucked not having Hunter, or Race. But based on the above I don’t know how one can’t at least point some of the blame on coach Miller.

this was a game that we should have easily won. I was not impressed with PSU and I thought their crowd was anemic.

let’s see if this team can show some heart and be better prepared when the face the reeling buckeyes.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Just looking at Dayton and how well they are doing and what a failure Grant was at Bama I think it’s fair to conclude that the Dayton program made Archie. Sorry guys but we hired our Todd Lickliter.

Man, that didn’t age well for those dumb enough to call for that, huh???:D

Nice win, Hoosiers!!

Talk about not aging well.............

Unless someone has an extra $20M laying around, I realize it's not practical to discuss dumping Archie.

However, last night was the final straw for me. That was beyond disappointing, beyond pathetic. It was disgusting. To be completely schooled by the likes of Pat Chambers. Not good. He deserves to be fired for the way he has mishandled this program. Again, I realize that 'deserves got nothing to do with it'.

Just looking at Dayton and how well they are doing and what a failure Grant was at Bama I think it’s fair to conclude that the Dayton program made Archie. Sorry guys but we hired our Todd Lickliter.

It sure seems that way. Everyone's won there. But Archie's record was a little better than most. I'm shocked he's not better than what he's shown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT