ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE ARCHIE!!!!!!!!!

Still a long way to go, but yeah. The same hater idiots will crawl into their hole again for a bit. Maybe they will be forced to hibernate for a while. But rest assured, they will be back in full force the next time we lose. Because you know... We shouldn’t have lost a single game. Our wins are dog shit and our loses are against crap teams...
Does it seem to you that haterz actually enjoy losing? How can they be true IU fans if they get a thrill out of losing and complaining about it?

Reactions: Upset Alert
Our magic number was 5 wins coming into tonight for a tourney bid. It's now 4.

We needed to win 1 of the 2 home games this week. Now they can play loose and go for two agaisnt a Maryland team that's not played well on the road.

If we play with that level of energy the rest of the year, the ceiling is much higher than the floor. This isn't a great team by any stretch.... but the players that will make it really good in the next 2-3 years are getting the run they need, from a pure confidence level.

For sure. TJD is obviously the wild card though. The kid is one hell of a player. Losing him for next year would be a massive hit.

For sure. TJD is obviously the wild card though. The kid is one hell of a player. Losing him for next year would be a massive hit.
Hard to imagine there won’t be NBA interest if he continues to develop. Very talented kid with a big upside.

Its a good win on paper and for NCAAT resume, but until it turns your average fan (me) into paying for something I can consistently expect to be excited about to watch live, it's not fully cooked … feels like the last 20 years, there needs to be some excitement and the expectation that we never lose. That will bring longtime fans back, not saying that we never lose, but I wish it would get back to the point we never expect to … that's where it needs to be
Last night the Hall was full of people excited to watch IU basketball. I don't think you were missed.

You see drooling, I see people happy with a great win over the #11 team in the country.

Very few people complain about criticism of CAM. It is the over the top hyperbole that you and 3 or 4 others demonstrate over and over and OVER again after losses that is criticized.

Take your own advice and RELAX after the next loss.
100%.

Your post isn't going to age well after they lose the next 3 games, and even less so after they lose 9 of the remaining 12 games on the schedule..
Are you making an offer to bet we lose the next 3 games and 9 of the last 12? How much?

I was very suspect of his coaching a month ago, because I hadn’t seen improvement after 2+ years, but over these past few weeks I can finally see this team coming together. I think Archie has finally gotten his rotation down well, with Green being less of a factor, and guys like Brunk have vastly improved. I still wish this team had a 2 guard who could consistently light it up from outside, but at least Phinisee looks better and better and the team plays harder and plays very good defense, for the most part.

Finally, we’re starting to see this program grow under Archie and it looks pretty good.

Are you making an offer to bet we lose the next 3 games and 9 of the last 12? How much?
I'm in too much debt to risk betting money, but I'm quite confident we'll lose at least 7 more games, and quite likely 9 games. We have 6 road games and a rematch with Wisconsin that we're almost certainly going to lose, and then 2 Home games with Maryland and Iowa that we're likely going to lose.

I'm in too much debt to risk betting money, but I'm quite confident we'll lose at least 7 more games, and quite likely 9 games. We have 6 road games and a rematch with Wisconsin that we're almost certainly going to lose, and then 2 Home games with Maryland and Iowa that we're likely going to lose.
I think you'd be more in debt if you bet on those predictions. Good choice not to.

This was a solid hard fought win, but this team and Archie aren’t out of the woods yet. There are still more reasons to be skeptical than optimistic at this point. Glaring weaknesses. No one has been proven right or wrong yet...
How many games will it take for you to believe this team is learning how to play hard and play together? Green wasn't following the plan and he is sitting.

Archie saw our development was being killed by people taking bad shots and being careless. Players were becoming frustrated and not rewarded for good team play over personal gains.

Green can play again once he stops taking fade away 3s that lead to scores on the other end of the court, contested runners and turning the ball over with bad decisions.

Archie is coaching and learning from the mistakes of last year.

I was very suspect of his coaching a month ago, because I hadn’t seen improvement after 2+ years, but over these past few weeks I can finally see this team coming together. I think Archie has finally gotten his rotation down well, with Green being less of a factor, and guys like Brunk have vastly improved. I still wish this team had a 2 guard who could consistently light it up from outside, but at least Phinisee looks better and better and the team plays harder and plays very good defense, for the most part.

Finally, we’re starting to see this program grow under Archie and it looks pretty good.
I'm with you. A lot has changed in the last month. This team still has holes. Recruiting has holes. After 2 + years we should have a decent shooter on the team. MIller's substitution patterns were crean like bizarre and I don't think we're out of the woods yet in that regard. all of that being said, those things can be remedied. what is cause for pause is when a coach can't get a team to try. to give effort. we saw a team at wisconsin and maryland that wasn't listening to miller and wasn't giving maximum effort. if a coach can't get his kids to play hard there's no reason to support him. that's fundamental. miller appears to have fixed that. the last handful of games have been fun to watch. the kids are trying their butts off. credit miller for that.

I'm with you. A lot has changed in the last month. This team still has holes. Recruiting has holes. After 2 + years we should have a decent shooter on the team. MIller's substitution patterns were crean like bizarre and I don't think we're out of the woods yet in that regard. all of that being said, those things can be remedied. what is cause for pause is when a coach can't get a team to try. to give effort. we saw a team at wisconsin and maryland that wasn't listening to miller and wasn't giving maximum effort. if a coach can't get his kids to play hard there's no reason to support him. that's fundamental. miller appears to have fixed that. the last handful of games have been fun to watch. the kids are trying their butts off. credit miller for that.
I disagree about the substitution patterns. They made a lot of sense to me because they've kept players fresh and the combinations were good. Early in the season he was trying to figure out the best combinations while we were playing lesser teams. That also made a lot of sense to me. Now it appears he's got those combinations figured out and they've been working well.

And hire Holtmann. OSU is killing it. LOL
Osu's slide looks like ours last year. They came out smokin and then hit a trail of L's. Its not too late to stop the bleeding for them but that IU skid last year...Ouch

10 guys played for both teams.... and the minute distributions were very similar for both teams.

I think you are just finding things to complain about that don't actually exist.

10 guys played for both teams.... and the minute distributions were very similar for both teams.

I think you are just finding things to complain about that don't actually exist.
I was referring to earlier in the season. not last night. but yes it is nitpicking at this point. the last stretch of games has been all we can ask for as fans.

I still wish this team had a 2 guard who could consistently light it up from outside, but at least Phinisee looks better and better and the team plays harder and plays very good defense, for the most part..

Said this exact same thing this morning to a friend. With that guard you mentioned, the inside out action would make IU would be a very tough team to play.

Since day one the drum beat has been, just wait to criticize until AFTER the season. The fools who are always negative start barking the nonsense way too soon and again are looking foolish. Maybe IU collapses and it's all for not, IU doesn't make it and suddenly everyone is onboard. But complaining midway through a season where we have a LONG ways to go seems petty and worthless. Allow the season to play out and THEN voice your anger but the only thing that matters is results. When there are 20 games left you only open up the chance for looking foolish. You gain absolutely nothing.

Man, that didn’t age well for those dumb enough to call for that, huh???:D

Nice win, Hoosiers!!
You come out beating your chest like this after one home win? A late night Thursday home win at that? Good win but let’s at least make a tournament run or something before you start with the chest beating. You look overly desperate.

Its a good win on paper and for NCAAT resume, but until it turns your average fan (me) into paying for something I can consistently expect to be excited about to watch live, it's not fully cooked … feels like the last 20 years, there needs to be some excitement and the expectation that we never lose. That will bring longtime fans back, not saying that we never lose, but I wish it would get back to the point we never expect to … that's where it needs to be
You’re being too rational.

One game at a time. Archie has had the boys play tough the last two games hopefully we keep this up against Maryland.

Reactions: Al Bino

If you think about it, an awful lot of our players (including three starters) either weren't here at all last year or were hampered by injuries last year: Phinisee, Hunter, Thompson, Franklin, Brunk, Jackson-Davis and Davis.

Since the beginning of 2019-20 season, those players who did not play regularly last year have now had four full months to continue recovering from injuries and/or better learning their roles in Miller's team offense and team defense. All of them are gradually getting better.

We aren't consistently good yet, but we have a fairly large number of pretty good players, any one of which can have an above average game -- we just don't know in advance who it will be. Drives me nuts but those unpredictably good games by lesser players is why were winning, I think. Hope it continues.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
You come out beating your chest like this after one home win? A late night Thursday home win at that? Good win but let’s at least make a tournament run or something before you start with the chest beating. You look overly desperate.

Now just EXACTLY what in his post was he "chest beating"?

He called it a "nice" win. Not good, not great but nice. Is that the chest beating?

Or is it that you were one of those calling for Archie's job and if IU doesn't tank then you are going to look foolish?

Some seems to clearly enjoy the loses. Doubtful they are Iu fans at all. I have blocked the worst of them.
I told my wife today that food tastes better and so do her kisses when IU wins. IU means that much because I am a fan. One thing I miss about Indiana is that people here in Pennsylvania don't understand my love for basketball. Now one good thing about it is that last year we went to IU game at State College last year. We had the best basketball seats we have ever had to that point. For some reason my wife and I were at row 11 somewhat behind the IU bench at Assembly Hall this past November. I'd say that was best seats I have ever had.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
I told my wife today that food tastes better and so do her kisses when IU wins. IU means that much because I am a fan. One thing I miss about Indiana is that people here in Pennsylvania don't understand my love for basketball. Now one good thing about it is that last year we went to IU game at State College last year. We had the best basketball seats we have ever had to that point. For some reason my wife and I were at row 11 somewhat behind the IU bench at Assembly Hall this past November. I'd say that was best seats I have ever had.
Why do you post this stupid crap all the time? This isn't the life of VPMoron's thread.

Reactions: Circlejoe

If you don’t provide a picture it never happened.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Why do you post this stupid crap all the time? This isn't the life of VPMoron's thread.
I like his post. Wonder why you do not like his attending that game and giving some personal tidbit about it.

Why not just let his post sit without comment?

He called it a "nice" win. Not good, not great but nice. Is that the chest beating?

Or is it that you were one of those calling for Archie's job and if IU doesn't tank then you are going to look foolish?
Go back, slow down, and read the title of this thread again. Take your time. Try to count how many !!!! the kid put.

Go back, slow down, and read the title of this thread again. Take your time. Try to count how many !!!! the kid put.

WTF are you talking about? He was putting those ! in the title to call out the people that wanted Archie fired.

He wasn't beating his chest he was snickering at the fools like you.

You just CAN'T be this stupid. Or maybe you can.

How many ! did he put after Nice win Hoosiers? Two, is that considered chest beating?

Reactions: MrBing
You come out beating your chest like this after one home win?

Remember these gems?

At present moment we can only judge on the last 2 years and our roster. All are complete dumpster fires.

I sure loved Crean’s success compared to the dumpster fire we have now. And I was Crean’s first and biggest critic on here. I don’t think anyone knew just how much worse it could get.

Calling it a full blown gasoline induced dumpster fire is probably an understatement at this point. Anyone who doesn’t see that is living in fantasy land.

Archie knew there would be transfers. He had dozens of offers out there and no kids want to play for him. It’s a complete dumpster fire in recruiting right now. That’s not up for debate.

I never said I was a better coach. Just that we can find a better one. And it doesn’t take a professional coach to realize the last 2 seasons have been dumpster fires. Everyone in the country saw that.

Next year is going to be a complete and epic dumpster fire...the likes of which we haven’t seen since Crean’s first year.

That's a lot of dumpster fires. Oh, and lets not forget this one you spouted off last fall:

This is the worst roster in Archie’s 3 seasons. It just gets worse with every year he’s here.

Our best player is Devonte Green and a Butler backup is likely our starting center.

Question: If a coach is such a "dumpster fire" (as you've claimed numerous times on here, evidence of which provided), just how is it he takes "the worst roster in 3 seasons" and beats Izzo and Michigan State FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT TIME???

That was the whole point to this thread - maybe, just maybe, Miller isn't the dumpster fire you and others believed.

Now, does this mean without question the Hoosiers under Miller have turned the corner? Nope - we'll find out more on Sunday against Maryland. This team has shown glimpses of how good they can be; now they need to show consistency. FT's need to be better, and we need to continue to play through the post.

But it doesn't take a genius to see this team isn't a "dumpster fire". That dumpster fire is sitting at 15-4 and tied for 3rd in the B1G. Confucius had you in mind when he said "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." Might want to keep that in mind - because when you say stupid $h!t it tends to come back and haunt you:

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Remember these gems?

That's a lot of dumpster fires. Oh, and lets not forget this one you spouted off last fall:

Question: If a coach is such a "dumpster fire" (as you've claimed numerous times on here, evidence of which provided), just how is it he takes "the worst roster in 3 seasons" and beats Izzo and Michigan State FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT TIME???

That was the whole point to this thread - maybe, just maybe, Miller isn't the dumpster fire you and others believed.

Now, does this mean without question the Hoosiers under Miller have turned the corner? Nope - we'll find out more on Sunday against Maryland. This team has shown glimpses of how good they can be; now they need to show consistency. FT's need to be better, and we need to continue to play through the post.

But it doesn't take a genius to see this team isn't a "dumpster fire". That dumpster fire is sitting at 15-4 and tied for 3rd in the B1G. Confucius had you in mind when he said "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." Might want to keep that in mind - because when you say stupid $h!t it tends to come back and haunt you:
As a poster, feepaw is a complete and epic, full blown, gasoline induced dumpster fire. I can say with full confidence that he'll be back and posting like a complete and epic, full blown, gasoline induced dumpster fire again.

As a poster, feepaw is an epic dumpster fire.
He does keep us warm thru the winter, doesn't he? :D

5aa22d7456db5.image.jpg

Remember these gems?

You simply have never lived in reality. You were the leader of the Crean cult for about 8 years as well. I’d love to be proven wrong on Archie but unless recruiting does a 180 I’m afraid I won’t be. And your guarantees will be wrong just like they have been for years.

You simply have never lived in reality. You were the leader of the Crean cult for about 8 years as well. I’d love to be proven wrong on Archie but unless recruiting does a 180 I’m afraid I won’t be. And your guarantees will be wrong just like they have been for years.
Lol!!!

Guarantees? As been asked before - let’s see ‘em.

This ought to be good . . . :rolleyes:

Reactions: Al Bino
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT