ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE ARCHIE!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately for us, we don't have to go back months to find your stupid posts.

Plus, you are obviously not the original fpeaugh. He never went back into old posts. I don't think he knew how.
Fraudpaw attended mandatory remedial computer training during his time out.

Reactions: rocketo
Woof. The first few posts in this thread did NOT age well.

A win against an above average Iowa team only to blow a game against Rutgers a few days later, then proceeding to lose their last six games. The people saying "FIRE ARCHIE" were 100% correct and the others pretending his horrific performance was somehow passable look like flat out morons.

Man, that didn’t age well for those dumb enough to call for that, huh???:D

Nice win, Hoosiers!!

And hire Holtmann. OSU is killing it. LOL

Nope. Nobody said that. But there sure are plenty of idiots calling for him to be fired. Nice try. (Not really)

Condolences to victim, fraudpaw, Ordfan and Kryer on the IU win.
Since we’re going back and quoting old messages I thought we could revisit this gem.

Taz told me for years that Archie was better than Calipari and Holtmann. How about you sit this next era out kid?

Since we’re going back and quoting old messages I thought we could revisit this gem.

Taz told me for years that Archie was better than Calipari and Holtmann. How about you sit this next era out kid?

Without getting into calling anybody out by name with "I told you so's" (which is childish and unhelpful to anything), I'll just say that I never understood what some fans saw in Archie -- especially his last couple seasons after clear patterns had emerged.

I always just chalked it up to circling the wagons for the guy in the seat: yeah he may be a flop, but he's OUR flop! We saw some of that with previous coaches, too.

Anyway, it's over now (thankfully). And I don't see why we don't all just keep our eyes focused on the windshield, not the rearview. We have good reason to be optimistic about the future, I think.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Without getting into calling anybody out by name with "I told you so's" (which is childish and unhelpful to anything), I'll just say that I never understood what some fans saw in Archie -- especially his last couple seasons after clear patterns had emerged.

I always just chalked it up to circling the wagons for the guy in the seat: yeah he may be a flop, but he's OUR flop! We saw some of that with previous coaches, too.

Anyway, it's over now (thankfully). And I don't see why we don't all just keep our eyes focused on the windshield, not the rearview. We have good reason to be optimistic about the future, I think.
It’s just feepee being insecure and sensitive. Move along.

It’s just feepee being insecure and sensitive. Move along.
The point is valid, however. Some of us did see that we weren’t going to get it done with Miller, while others very clearly did not. It is interesting to glance back. I’m still somewhat surprised IU took action, even though it was obvious to a few of us that he wasn’t the answer. Interesting that neither he nor Fred Glass have had much to say since he left. Probably a good move for both of them to remain quiet, given the results.

Reactions: hatchetdad
The point is valid, however. Some of us did see that we weren’t going to get it done with Miller, while others very clearly did not. It is interesting to glance back. I’m still somewhat surprised IU took action, even though it was obvious to a few of us that he wasn’t the answer. Interesting that neither he nor Fred Glass have had much to say since he left. Probably a good move for both of them to remain quiet, given the results.
OK, but it’s in the past. There’s nothing to be gained from relitigating it except for a self-satisfying shot of dopamine…which is (a) fleeting, (b) of no broad consequence, and (c) a distraction from what matters now.

Brohmbardi
I'd forgotten all about his original proclamations about the great Brohmbardi. LOL Of course feepew2 isn't the same guy as feepew, so he wouldn't know. Original feepew was on fire in Sept/Oct of '19 as the Hoosiers were on their way to an 8-5 record while Brohmbardi was headed for a 4-8 record.

Just cherry picking a couple of threads:

Allen was handled our best program in decades. Brohm was handed a dumpster fire.

Allen will go down as the worst power 5 hire this century.

Brohm has won...Allen hasn’t. Fans support winners. It’s real simple.

From what Brohm inherited he’s done an incredible job. Absolutely amazing what he’s accomplished.

There’s a reason the big boys are coming after Brohm and not Allen. Don’t let your bias cloud your judgement.

He also won 22 games his last 2 seasons at WKU. Brohm is a proven winner.
WKU was average before he got there and they’ve been a dumpster fire since he left. He won 12 games then 11. Brohm is probably the best coach in the Big Ten right now.

I'd forgotten all about his original proclamations about the great Brohmbardi. LOL Of course feepew2 isn't the same guy as feepew, so he wouldn't know. Original feepew was on fire in Sept/Oct of '19 as the Hoosiers were on their way to an 8-5 record while Brohmbardi was headed for a 4-8 record.

Ouch. That is going to leave a mark

I sent condolences after a big win to the same people I would today. Has nothing to do with AM's competence.

Ouch. That is going to leave a mark
Search the original handle with keyword Brohm. That's not even everything on page 1. There's another 5 or 6 pages of knowledge being dropped after that.

I'm sure I've got dumb posts too, but his material is a master class in bad takes.

Reactions: Al Bino
Search the original handle with keyword Brohm. That's not even everything on page 1. There's another 5 or 6 pages of knowledge being dropped after that.

I'm sure I've got dumb posts too, but his material is a master class in bad takes.
I am still waiting for the day Belein starts as HC.

I sent condolences after a big win to the same people I would today. Has nothing to do with AM's competence.
Were they actively rooting for IU to lose in the interest of increasing the chances of a coaching change?

Hmph, some people just can’t seem to outfox their own limbic system. I’ve run into some like that.

But do remember that who somebody pulls for in a game is meaningless - unless they’re players or officials. It’s about like people getting upset with announcers who (they believe) are shilling for the opponent….as if Brent Musberger’s words have the first thing to do with the outcome of the contest.

I’ve never wanted IU to lose - and I was off the Archie train earlier than most. I’ve never bought into this idea that a coach has to get 4 years. It really should depend on job performance. And there’s no good reason why the go/no go decision on measuring performance should wait 4 years.

Fred Glass said that Archie’s 3rd season wasn’t a make or break season for him. That was an awful answer. He should’ve said that there’s no such thing as make or break seasons at IU…that we’re evaluating coaches from their first day on campus.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
OK, but it’s in the past. There’s nothing to be gained from relitigating it except for a self-satisfying shot of dopamine…which is (a) fleeting, (b) of no broad consequence, and (c) a distraction from what matters now.
Very true, and wise words.

Fred Glass said that Archie’s 3rd season wasn’t a make or break season for him. That was an awful answer. He should’ve said that there’s no such thing as make or break seasons at IU…that we’re evaluating coaches from their first day on campus.
Yeah, I'd have preferred something like "We expect to win every year and Coach Miller is under contract until...." or something like that. But you're right, that was an awful answer. There seemed to be little outward sense of urgency to win now during his tenure. I kept trying to stay positive, but finally the laughing on the bench and TJD eff you timeout made it impossible to see how he'd get himself out of the hole he'd dug. I realized I was pumping sunshine if I kept defending him.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
No. simply anti or at lease extremely negative about IU. Agendas.
Well, being negative about the current state of the program is not the same thing as being opposed to the program’s success. But I can see where they’d get confused.

FWIW, we all know there are people who fly off the handle after a single lackluster performance or bitter loss…want coaches fired, players benched, etc.

Every single team has fans like these and they are to be summarily ignored AND distinguished from people who have exhibited some sensible amount of patience and, over time and fair observation, concluded that we need a change in direction.

Well, being negative about the current state of the program is not the same thing as being opposed to the program’s success. But I can see where they’d get confused.

FWIW, we all know there are people who fly off the handle after a single lackluster performance or bitter loss…want coaches fired, players benched, etc.

Every single team has fans like these and they are to be summarily ignored AND distinguished from people who have exhibited some sensible amount of patience and, over time and fair observation, concluded that we need a change in direction.
Like most programs we have a little bit of both.

Lol. Condolences on the free tenant. I assume the eviction protocols in Hicksville are onerous? Or is your lawyer also the guy who does body work on your truck? Maybe you can barter a better deal when he’s patching the hole in your floorboard.

Lol. Condolences on the free tenant. I assume the eviction protocols in Hicksville are onerous? Or is your lawyer also the guy who does body work on your truck? Maybe you can barter a better deal when he’s patching the hole on your floorboard.

I believe there was somebody bringing up Fukpaughs quotes about how Woodson was a terrible idea. Regardless, we can go back and find all kinds of gems out there. I will always support our coaches, until I just absolutely can no longer do so. It will be the same for Woodson, except I think he is doing a much better job than the last couple of coaches to this point. Still a ways to go, but like the start. Never understood why people try to bring up specific posts, especially when they lack context.

I was wrong on Allen. I’ve said that many times. I still believe Brohm is the real deal too. I wouldn’t trade Allen for him now though.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I was wrong on Allen. I’ve said that many times. I still believe Brohm is the real deal too. I wouldn’t trade Allen for him now though.
So you brought back a thread to prove people wrong with past posts but answer without proof? You really are a narcissistic a$$.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT