ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE ARCHIE!!!!!!!!!

It sure seems that way. Everyone's won there. But Archie's record was a little better than most. I'm shocked he's not better than what he's shown.

He had one great recruiting class he used to get 4 straight NCAAT appearances. He had another good class coming in before he left. Other then those two classes his recruiting was very underwhelming.

He had one great recruiting class he used to get 4 straight NCAAT appearances. He had another good class coming in before he left. Other then those two classes his recruiting was very underwhelming.
His offenses were also never that great what we are seeing at IU is basically what he did at Dayton 30-50 Ken Pom rated offenses. Why are people surprised.

Talk about not aging well.............

Unless someone has an extra $20M laying around, I realize it's not practical to discuss dumping Archie.

However, last night was the final straw for me. That was beyond disappointing, beyond pathetic. It was disgusting. To be completely schooled by the likes of Pat Chambers. Not good. He deserves to be fired for the way he has mishandled this program. Again, I realize that 'deserves got nothing to do with it'.

You obviously aren’t a lawyer and have no idea whatsoever how contracts or negotiations work. If IU decides a change is needed it would likely cost IU about a 1/3 of that to cut bait. Archie isn’t going to want to sit around and watch the wheels fall off if he knows he’s not going to be the coach here long term. He would almost certainly accept a lot less to move on.

Reactions: fpeaugh
You obviously aren’t a lawyer and have no idea whatsoever how contracts or negotiations work. If IU decides a change is needed it would likely cost IU about a 1/3 of that to cut bait. Archie isn’t going to want to sit around and watch the wheels fall off if he knows he’s not going to be the coach here long term. He would almost certainly accept a lot less to move on.
You don’t understand Miller’s contract. Everything you posted is wrong concerning his contract. It’s also wrong about what you think Miller would do - he’d have to be crazy not to take the full buyout that his contract requires.

Reactions: MrBing
You don’t understand Miller’s contract. Everything you posted is wrong concerning his contract. It’s also wrong about what you think Miller would do - he’d have to be crazy not to take the full buyout that his contract requires.
You'd defend a stinky turd by saying at least it isn't runny.

I think the buyout is about $15M now....I remember seeing the figure $11.1, but I think that was after 4 years. Just going by memory. Then you're going to need another $5M to help with the new guy

And I do know plenty about mitigation of damages and off-set. However, He's not likely to get $3.2M from anyone else if we fire him....more like MAC $. Or maybe he decides to be a BTN commentator for a couple years....are we going to fight him on that? When have we had a public dispute with an ex-coach on something like that?

Archie doesn't have to negotiate at all concerning the buy-out.....why should he? You have no idea whether he would accept a lot less.

If I recall correctly, after IU fired Wilson Glass immediately took the "for cause" possibility out of play and said something like "Of course we'll pay him his full salary, we're IU". At the time I was amazed he wasn't going to negotiate it.

edit....wasn't it something like "We're IU, we honor contracts". If you're Miller's agent/attorney you keep in mind who you're dealing with.

Sure, I’ll bump it.

Wanna hit Archie on guys not being held accountable? Got no problem there. IU was missing guys like Jerome and Race that might have helped with the inside foul trouble, but the guards didn’t show up, either. Biggest culprit is Green - his sloppy play is the common denominator in here poor road performances.
It might be time for you to sit this out for a bit. Let the adults handle it from here.

Bit of advice for you - you should never call anyone else stupid.
You and your guarantees on here have been proven wrong more times than I can count. Maybe take a step back with Taz and let the rational posters discuss the future.

It might be time for you to sit this out for a bit. Let the adults handle it from here.
Is Billy Donovan still coming? You were 100% sure, remember?

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Reactions: ChiefHoosier
Is Billy Donovan still coming? You were 100% sure, remember?
I was wrong on that. I’ve owned that many times. You’ve been wrong more times than that just this week. You probably shouldn’t have your phone out in class anyway kid.

I think the buyout is about $15M now....I remember seeing the figure $11.1, but I think that was after 4 years. Just going by memory. Then you're going to need another $5M to help with the new guy

And I do know plenty about mitigation of damages and off-set. However, He's not likely to get $3.2M from anyone else if we fire him....more like MAC $. Or maybe he decides to be a BTN commentator for a couple years....are we going to fight him on that? When have we had a public dispute with an ex-coach on something like that?

Archie doesn't have to negotiate at all concerning the buy-out.....why should he? You have no idea whether he would accept a lot less.

Obviously no one can force him to take less but he probably would. You sit him down after the season assuming we miss the dance. You tell him point blank that he’s not getting an extension and he will not be the coach here long term. He will absolutely be fired after year 4 or 5. So he has 2 options. One he can take the $7-8M that we offer and walk away free to take another job and another Power5 school would certainly take a chance. Just look at what GA is paying Clappy. Or two he can continue coaching another year or 2 as a lame duck and try to recruit without any extension (good luck) and be heckled, booed, and humiliated everywhere he and his family goes (see how the Creans were treated the last 2 years). Option 1 starts looking very appealing.

Obviously no one can force him to take less but he probably would. You sit him down after the season assuming we miss the dance. You tell him point blank that he’s not getting an extension and he will not be the coach here long term. He will absolutely be fired after year 4 or 5. So he has 2 options. One he can take the $7-8M that we offer and walk away free to take another job and another Power5 school would certainly take a chance. Just look at what GA is paying Clappy. Or two he can continue coaching another year or 2 as a lame duck and try to recruit without any extension (good luck) and be heckled, booed, and humiliated everywhere he and his family goes (see how the Creans were treated the last 2 years). Option 1 starts looking very appealing.
No one at IU would be stupid enough to try that. That’s hilarious.

What guarantees? I’m convinced your mind is slipping. Sorry about that.
You mean he had one?

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Let’s make this easy for everyone: Archie will be here next year, regardless of how this year turns out. With the buyout and a new AD coming in, he’s gonna get AT LEAST until the end of year 4.

If Miller hasn’t gotten us in the tournament after 4 years, he should be replaced. I think we make it this year, but if he totally bottoms out then cut the cord.

Donovan was my grand slam hire.
Thought Archie would be a “solid triple” but so far more like 2 whiffs and a foul tip. Barely still in the batter’s box.
If he’s still in the batters box, it’s because he swung his bat all the way around and knocked himself out in the back of the head on strike 3. And he’s laying face down in the dirt.

I was dead on with that.
Oh, really?

You never answered this, so we'll give you another try. Again, remember this from last fall?

This is the worst roster in Archie’s 3 seasons. It just gets worse with every year he’s here.

Our best player is Devonte Green and a Butler backup is likely our starting center.

Again - If a coach is such a "dumpster fire" (as you've claimed numerous times on here, evidence of which provided), just how is it he takes "the worst roster in 3 seasons" and beats Izzo and Michigan State FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT TIME???

Oh, really?

You never answered this, so we'll give you another try. Again, remember this from last fall?

Again - If a coach is such a "dumpster fire" (as you've claimed numerous times on here, evidence of which provided), just how is it he takes "the worst roster in 3 seasons" and beats Izzo and Michigan State FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT TIME???
That’s cherry picking. How about also losing to Rutgers what 3 times now

Reactions: fpeaugh
Oh, really?

He won a game at home and you want to build a statue over it.

He won a game at home and you want to build a statue over it.
He beat Michigan State with (in your words) " the worst roster in Archie’s 3 seasons." After beating the MSU Final Four team twice the year before.

Does Archie's teams have trouble with consistency? Without question - but that's a FAR CRY from a dumpster fire.

Archie knows how to coach. If you idiots can't see that, you don't know basketball.

His recruiting has been the issue. I think it's fair to say he isn't a dynamic personality... and I think that's hurt him so far. This next class will be another set of solid BB players. His 2021 class is huge barometer for his future... and that will be obvious by next fall.

The only thing holding the current team back is a top 20 level #1 guard. We are missing basically the one guy that can carry a team for a few possessions and get a bucket..... and that takes you from being a 30ish team to a 10-15ish team.

I think he'll be just fine, and fans will be happy they had some patience. Let the guy grow into the job a little bit. This was definitely a big step up for him. But doesn't mean it wasn't the correct long term play.

Reactions: MrBing and T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT