ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE ARCHIE!!!!!!!!!

Man, that didn’t age well for those dumb enough to call for that, huh???:D

Nice win, Hoosiers!!
Still a long way to go, but yeah. The same hater idiots will crawl into their hole again for a bit. Maybe they will be forced to hibernate for a while. But rest assured, they will be back in full force the next time we lose. Because you know... We shouldn’t have lost a single game. Our wins are dog shit and our loses are against crap teams...

Man, that didn’t age well for those dumb enough to call for that, huh???:D

Nice win, Hoosiers!!

Yes, and I predicted we would as negative as I have been lately. Which is weird, because I usually expect to lose anymore, but for some reason we match up against them well. It's odd, but it's exactly the way I predicted, contain Winston in every facet possible and then we have a chance

This was a solid hard fought win, but this team and Archie aren’t out of the woods yet. There are still more reasons to be skeptical than optimistic at this point. Glaring weaknesses. No one has been proven right or wrong yet...

Sensible. I don't know about there being more reasons to be skeptical than optimistic part but that is in the eye of the beholder.

Fact is - tied for 2nd place in B10...

Like Archies past or not...winning is the priority...and the Hoosiers have been doing it

No, actually it doesn’t. But what I find humorous is when the CAM cheerleading squad complains about those who criticize him after a loss, then drool over him after a win. There’s still questionable coaching and game management. And if Holt is so bad , where was that when we loss 12/13 last year. Good win? Absolutely. But good wins don’t mean jack unless you make the tournament. If CAM makes the tournament, I’ll give him credit. But we’re a long way from that. Until then , you cheerleaders will have to relax and give each other reach arounds.

I wanted him gone after the MD game and will eat crow.

He deserves credit, ugly win and this team has a way to go but this win should assure an NCAA bid even if we only win 3 more games the rest of the season (which obviously we'll win more than that).

Gotta fix the free throws and shooting droughts.

If Justin Smith could play all the time or even 75% like he did in that MSU game last year, what would this team look like? Still waiting for this kid to breakout.

Pure hustle and attitude has won us a few games we would not have won otherwise. This looks like an Indiana team when they do that.

Kudos to the team and Archie.

Reactions: Sassy61 and rocketo
I am so happy and bless that my c*&k isn't small and I can satisfy a woman and don't have the need to go on the internet and declare that I'm right and say nana nana boo boo. Verdict is still out on Archie but he made the necessary adjustments to get us to go inside and made some nice decisions at the end of the game that helped us win.

Reactions: gator mcCluskey
No, actually it doesn’t. But what I find humorous is when the CAM cheerleading squad complains about those who criticize him after a loss, then drool over him after a win. There’s still questionable coaching and game management. And if Holt is so bad , where was that when we loss 12/13 last year. Good win? Absolutely. But good wins don’t mean jack unless you make the tournament. If CAM makes the tournament, I’ll give him credit. But we’re a long way from that. Until then , you cheerleaders will have to relax and give each other reach arounds.

Let’s be real, with this win IU is all but playing for seeding at this point. Barring a 2-10 collapse to end the year, this IU team will be in the tournament and be in comfortably. A win Sunday over Maryland it’s likely IU finds itself in the top 20 come Monday.

• Haha
Reactions: Cavanagh.13
Sensible. I don't know about there being more reasons to be skeptical than optimistic part but that is in the eye of the beholder.

Its a good win on paper and for NCAAT resume, but until it turns your average fan (me) into paying for something I can consistently expect to be excited about to watch live, it's not fully cooked … feels like the last 20 years, there needs to be some excitement and the expectation that we never lose. That will bring longtime fans back, not saying that we never lose, but I wish it would get back to the point we never expect to … that's where it needs to be

And hire Holtmann. OSU is killing it. LOL
Yeah, Minny beat O$U tonight at O$U. Now 2-6 in league play, down with the bottom feeders. Genius coach, we shoulda hired him.

Anybody doubting CAM's coaching should have listened to his presser, where he detailed how they defended Sparty's last possession. Switched TJD on Winston to prevent another easy three.

Our losses come from poor play, turnovers, and awful free throw shooting. Not to mention everybody drains 3s on us.

Reactions: twenty02
Its a good win on paper and for NCAAT resume, but until it turns your average fan (me) into paying for something I can consistently expect to be excited about to watch live, it's not fully cooked … feels like the last 20 years, there needs to be some excitement and the expectation that we never lose. That will bring longtime fans back, not saying that we never lose, but I wish it would get back to the point we never expect to … that's where it needs to be

The Hall really sounded like it was missing you tonight.

Yeah, Minny beat O$U tonight at O$U. Now 2-6 in league play, down with the bottom feeders. Genius coach, we shoulda hired him.

Anybody doubting CAM's coaching should have listened to his presser, where he detailed how they defended Sparty's last possession. Switched TJD on Winston to prevent another easy three.

Our losses come from poor play, turnovers, and awful free throw shooting. Not to mention everybody drains 3s on us.

The hedging strategy on Winston wasn't very good in the 2nd half. Brunk in particular indirectly gave up 2 wide open 3s by hedging way, way too far out.

I thought we played much better just playing straight up.... and forcing him to drive. Our on ball defense has been much better recently.

It's a tough choice with a player like Winston.... you either let him try to carry them.... or force the ball into other hands. Their other guys were making shots, tonight. And that's why it got close.

Was very happy to see the switch on that last play.... putting TJD on Winston. It really threw him off, as we hadn't done that all game.

Reactions: MonroeCity
I am so happy and bless that my c*&k isn't small and I can satisfy a woman and don't have the need to go on the internet and declare that I'm right and say nana nana boo boo. Verdict is still out on Archie but he made the necessary adjustments to get us to go inside and made some nice decisions at the end of the game that helped us win.

I am glad for you, but that is about the gayest thing I'v'e ever heard anybody post on this basketball forum since maybe like 1995. You win!!!

Reactions: IUgradman
This was a solid hard fought win, but this team and Archie aren’t out of the woods yet. There are still more reasons to be skeptical than optimistic at this point. Glaring weaknesses. No one has been proven right or wrong yet...
That’s right. But disagree on that last part. More reasons to be optimistic. (Eye of the beholder)

Reactions: MrBing
I am glad for you, but that is about the gayest thing I'v'e ever heard anybody post on this basketball forum since maybe like 1995. You win!!!

Since I'm not a homophobic loser like you, I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks!

How this team is competing is night and day compared to the Wisconsin and Maryland games. This team has bought in. And it’s showing with effort.

I believe Feepaw said that not only will this team be worse than last year but it is one of the least talented rosters in IU history.

Granted our guards have way underachieved this year. If we can get any kind of guard play, we can beat anyone.

Unfortunately we go as our guards go and they were good tonight (except for Green).

How this team is competing is night and day compared to the Wisconsin and Maryland games. This team has bought in. And it’s showing with effort.

Our magic number was 5 wins coming into tonight for a tourney bid. It's now 4.

We needed to win 1 of the 2 home games this week. Now they can play loose and go for two agaisnt a Maryland team that's not played well on the road.

If we play with that level of energy the rest of the year, the ceiling is much higher than the floor. This isn't a great team by any stretch.... but the players that will make it really good in the next 2-3 years are getting the run they need, from a pure confidence level.

Last edited:
I believe Feepaw said that not only will this team be worse than last year but it is one of the least talented rosters in IU history.

Granted our guards have way underachieved this year. If we can get any kind of guard play, we can beat anyone.

Unfortunately we go as our guards go and they were good tonight (except for Green).

Having Phin back at 100% makes this a much better team..... enough possessions that turn Ls into Ws.

And Feepaw is the dumbest person ever to grace these boards. So just going opposite him will make you look smart.

Imagine calling yourself a Hoosier fan and being this upset after a win against a ranked opponent.

You’re probably ready to give CAM an extension.

Did he say that?

Did he EVEN hint at that?

Let me help you out here:

No, I didn’t say that.

No, Archie isn’t in line for an extension.

Simply this: let the guy build his program. After 4 years, we’ll know for sure what we have - one way or another.

A new AD is coming in next year - which means Archie will get at least until the end of 2021. UNLESS the team totally tanks the rest of the way there’s practically no chance of Miller being let go.

When our guards play well - not great, just steady play and get the ball inside like we did tonight - we’re a pretty decent team. The key now is consistency, carrying over a performance to the next game.

Sunday is huge.

Agreed.

This team still has plenty to prove - and they’ve got a lot to clean up in their game. FT shooting was atrocious; that alone can get you beat, especially on the road.

Without question, though, we see signs of just how good this team can be. Really interested to see how we play against Maryland.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

You see drooling, I see people happy with a great win over the #11 team in the country.

Very few people complain about criticism of CAM. It is the over the top hyperbole that you and 3 or 4 others demonstrate over and over and OVER again after losses that is criticized.

Take your own advice and RELAX after the next loss.

ADVERTISEMENT