ADVERTISEMENT

Fetterman 👏

Glad dad recovered okay. You’re right about strokes and heart attacks.

My brother was in early 30s when his first hit. Spent a month in a facility that he signed himself in to until they got the correct meds. Much to his doctor’s surprise he went back to his old job and everything went great. He again surprised his doc when they decided he could get off his meds. The night before he died he called my father and asked him to pick him up the next day and take him back to his doc. He thought he needed to start meds again. My dad was on his way to pick him up when he drove up on the wreck.

It’s such taboo for people to talk about depression and other mental health issues. I tellll people all the time my brother wasn’t some nut. He was very intelligent and great guy. Hiding and not talking about it is why people don’t go get help.
My daughter is a PA, specializing in neuropsychiatry.

I don't know how she deals with those situations on a daily basis.

So sorry for your brother.

Reactions: stollcpa
It's got nothing to do with the assholes around Fetterman. It's about the assholes here. Stoll tried to start a thread that avoided the mudslinging, to offer his thoughts about the commendable act of someone in the public eye choosing to deal with clinical depression head-on. We've already had enough threads where people talked about how unfit Fetterman was. We could have just had this one nice thread about this one good decision.
We just can't have nice things!

It's got nothing to do with the assholes around Fetterman. It's about the assholes here. Stoll tried to start a thread that avoided the mudslinging, to offer his thoughts about the commendable act of someone in the public eye choosing to deal with clinical depression head-on. We've already had enough threads where people talked about how unfit Fetterman was. We could have just had this one nice thread about this one good decision.
There was no where else this was going to go. It would be like Santos taking a leave of absence to get therapy for being a habitual liar. Awesome you are going to work on your issue but there is no way anyone is stepping around that elephant in the room, particularly when so many went so far out of there way to claim that all the people who (rightly) said this dudes issues made him unfit for office were all idiots for thinking so.

So no, glad he is getting the help he needs. It is the same help he needed during the election and he never should have been put in office. I can see why we would want to have a "wish him well" thread and not revisit that prior conversation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT