ADVERTISEMENT

Durham probe

So pretty much on par with what you guys have done to the fbi, the doj, fauci, comey etc

Get off the high horse.
You know what hick. You get the prize for the the 1st class troll.

I'll admit you deserve it. Either that or 1st position in hell. Pick your poison

Reactions: DANC
Abuse of discretion is not a crime. Even serious abuse of discretion is not a crime. Even wrongfully targeting an investigation by those whose job it is to select targets is not a crime. It’s just bad banana republic government. That’s where we are.
If it's not a crime, it should be. This not only ruined lives, it cost the taxpayers tens of millions of dollars to 'investigate' (Mueller).

Danc you see our leader??? @mcmurtry66 He's okay with it. Why? Because he thinks this will boost Trump. It's not about Trump at all. He likes where this is going. 2 years ago he would have been here swinging for what's taken place. Now just another deer in headlights noob.

I'm gonna go cry now 😢

Reactions: Lucy01
Danc you see our leader??? @mcmurtry66 He's okay with it. Why? Because he thinks this will boost Trump. It's not about Trump at all. He likes where this is going. 2 years ago he would have been here swinging for what's taken place. Now just another deer in headlights noob.

I'm gonna go cry now 😢
I’m talkin dating apps and cars!! I don’t really know what this report is about.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucy01
You are with the people that want to root out the evil or you're not.
Hmmm. Well. Admittedly I’ve followed the Scandoval drama much more closely. Tonight is the finale by the way. But in fairness unless I can get a job at DOJ real fast and rise up to a position of authority real fast, or somehow become a rep in the house real fast so I can initiate impeachment proceedings real fast there’s not a lot I can do. The irony with the latter is that backing Trump precludes any impeachment going through anyway because of the losses by his endorsed candidates. So ultimately all I can really do is not vote for Biden, which I wasn’t going to do anyway. In that light I probably made the right decision in choosing the scandoval drama.

Hmmm. Well. Admittedly I’ve followed the Scandoval drama much more closely. Tonight is the finale by the way. But in fairness unless I can get a job at DOJ real fast and rise up to a position of authority real fast, or somehow become a rep in the house real fast so I can initiate impeachment proceedings real fast there’s not a lot I can do. The irony with the latter is that backing Trump precludes any impeachment going through anyway because of the losses by his endorsed candidates. So ultimately all I can really do is not vote for Biden, which I wasn’t going to do anyway. In that light I probably made the right decision in choosing the scandoval drama.
We also have more drama. Rep Lauren Boebert filed for divorce.

GD I have another liberal all stirred up and I go to again the hypocrisy! What good did Obama do? He fed us a horrible healthcare plan we had no choice about, divided the nation , told us to get used to a bad economy?

I can safely add you are an ''idiot'' to your post. I love it you get so stirred up and then call other people names. You are really fun.
Such a horrible health care plan that 20 million voluntarily sign up for it every year. " And you had no choice" There was 0 chance the Republicans would have helped pass the healthcare law and for no other reason than they had to block an Obama achievement. Hell, many Republicans are on record saying that.

Divided the country? Another ridiculous statement.

He was handed one of the worst economies in our nations history and by the end of his term our nations economy was back on track.

"But Obama was the worst Prez in our Nations history" another MAGA partisan idiot.

You didn't miss much. The Durham report is just another wet fart. The guys in this thread making a huge deal about it sound a lot like the liberals who made a big deal about the Trump indictment.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Circlejoe
You didn't miss much. The Durham report is just another wet fart. The guys in this thread making a huge deal about it sound a lot like the liberals who made a big deal about the Trump indictment.
I just read an article about it. To me it sounds like another agency Fing up. Cdc, nih, dot, fbi. Throw in lousy administrators and elected officials and our gov is spiraling.

I’ll vote for whoever has the least taxes and bans the smell of pot

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
I just read an article about it. To me it sounds like another agency Fing up. Cdc, nih, dot, fbi. Throw in lousy administrators and elected officials and our gov is spiraling.

I’ll vote for whoever has the least taxes and bans the smell of pot
Yeah the FBI was too quick to open an investigation. Whoop dee f*cking doo. Like I said, wet fart.

I think we’ve hit rock bottom with both parties. They’re both playing the same game. Sad. I read there is a movement for a third moderate party. I think they’ve raised a 100 mil. Not nearly enough but a recognition people are growing tired of the bs

Reactions: Indianaftw
Heres a morning read for ya...Jeez

Reactions: DANC and ulrey
The article I read was hardly flattering. Sounds like more targeting to me. Not a fan of our fed gov at this point to be honest. I should fly a flag upside down. Distress
I'm not defending the FBI. It's poor practice on their part to be sure. But it's not remotely what the Trumpers wanted it to be, or are portraying it as in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Durham was to investigate…”federal official, employee, or any other person or entity violated the law in connection with the intelligence, counter-intelligence, or law-enforcement activities directed at the 2016 presidential campaigns, individuals associated with those campaigns, and individuals associated with the administration of President Donald J. Trump, including but not limited to Crossfire Hurricane and the investigation of Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III”

I tried to link to the report but obviously failed.

I'm not defending the FBI. It's poor practice on their part to be sure. But it's not remotely what the Trumpers wanted it to be, or are portraying it as in this thread.
“the government possessed no verified intelligence reflecting that Trump or the Trump campaign was involved in a conspiracy or collaborative relationship with officials of the Russian government…neither U.S. law enforcement nor the Intelligence Community appears to have possessed any actual evidence of collusion in their holdings at the commencement of the Crossfire Hurricane Investigation”

“the government possessed no verified intelligence reflecting that Trump or the Trump campaign was involved in a conspiracy or collaborative relationship with officials of the Russian government…neither U.S. law enforcement nor the Intelligence Community appears to have possessed any actual evidence of collusion in their holdings at the commencement of the Crossfire Hurricane Investigation”
He doesn’t care. It was just Trump. He and anyone working for him deserve anything they got.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Yeah, like I said. What's your point?

What he got was elected president. Boo hoo.
You guys are trolling at this point. This country is distraught over this report. Many of us knew it, but you cannot digest it yet which is madness. Even if people go to prison it won't be enough. There is ZERO trust. So the next time you pay tax on something remember it's going to the same government that betrayed you from the HIGHEST level. The ones who are supposed to defend you??? You all throw out victim card crap WE the people are victims here. The Trump part of this? I really have to wonder if he didn't spend half his time trying to defend himself over this madness how much more effective he may have been. Because of all this the media painted him into where he is today. It could have happened to anyone. People NEED to go to prison for this.

He doesn’t care. It was just Trump. He and anyone working for him deserve anything they got.
That’s what he found. This is who he says was responsible for starting the investigation.

“In particular, at the direction of Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, Deputy Assistant Director for Counterintelligence Peter Strzok opened Crossfire Hurricane immediately. Strzok, at a minimum, had pronounced hostile feelings toward Trump. The matter was opened as a full investigation without ever having spoken to the persons who provided the information. Further, the FBI did so without (1) any significant review of its own intelligence databases, (2) collection and examination of any relevant intelligence from other U.S. intelligence entities, (3) interviews of witnesses essential to understand the raw information it had received or (4) using any of the standard analytical tools typically employed by the FBI in evaluating raw intelligence. Had it done so…the FBI would have learned that their own experienced Russia analysts had no information about Trump being involved with Russian leadership officials, nor were others in sensitive positions at the CIA, the NSA, and the Department of State aware of such evidence concerning the subject. In addition, FBI records prepared by Strzok in February and March 2017 show that at the time of the opening of Crossfire Hurricane, the FBI had no information in its holdings indicating that at any time during the campaign anyone in the Trump campaign had been in contact with any Russian intelligence officials”

Reactions: DANC
That’s what he found. This is who he says was responsible for starting the investigation.

“In particular, at the direction of Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, Deputy Assistant Director for Counterintelligence Peter Strzok opened Crossfire Hurricane immediately. Strzok, at a minimum, had pronounced hostile feelings toward Trump. The matter was opened as a full investigation without ever having spoken to the persons who provided the information. Further, the FBI did so without (1) any significant review of its own intelligence databases, (2) collection and examination of any relevant intelligence from other U.S. intelligence entities, (3) interviews of witnesses essential to understand the raw information it had received or (4) using any of the standard analytical tools typically employed by the FBI in evaluating raw intelligence. Had it done so…the FBI would have learned that their own experienced Russia analysts had no information about Trump being involved with Russian leadership officials, nor were others in sensitive positions at the CIA, the NSA, and the Department of State aware of such evidence concerning the subject. In addition, FBI records prepared by Strzok in February and March 2017 show that at the time of the opening of Crossfire Hurricane, the FBI had no information in its holdings indicating that at any time during the campaign anyone in the Trump campaign had been in contact with any Russian intelligence officials”
Pay very close attention to the wording there. It's quite specific.

Can we compare this to Whitewater? Whitewater came about because David Hale said the Clinton's were involved. David Hale said nothing to the FBI five years before when he was interviewed about Madison Guaranty. He said nothing when he went to the DA looking to plea bargain, the DA turned him down. Suddenly he recalls Clinton's involvement.

I get the Clintons are slimy. I am not disagreeing. But the entire Starr investigation resulted, similarly, in just process crime convictions - Bill Clinton lied about a totally unrelated matter. That was serious, and he deserved punishment for it. But it had nothing at all to do with Whitewater. Starr spent a whole lot of money and time and couldn't charge Clinton with anything related to Whitewater.

If Trump had been charged by someone under felony investigation seeking a plea deal, who couldn't produce one other witness nor one sheet of paper as evidence, conservatives would be angry.

If Clinton had been accused of being in collusion based on what the FBI had on Trump, liberals would be angry.

Both cases illustrate a problem in the system. Candidates can't be above the law, but they can't be beneath it.

There are huge similarities but I doubt many will see them. We can't make the standard for launching an investigation be so low that an Ouji Board response triggers one.

Now that they have the framework set, and the leadership who will play along they have new tools to use next time.
"Chatgpt, please create a 80 page report about totally fictitious events based around spying and treason. Make DJT the main BAD GUY. Once complete please email this fiction novel to deeper_throat@abc.gov. Then prepare fictitious reports that all of this fiction has been verified as true.
Thank you, now go go gadget.

Do you think the subsequent Mueller investigation had any impact on Trumps presidency?

Don’t you pretty have to say no to believe that this was no big deal?
Good question. But I think you are falling into the same trap as others in concluding that the investigation was entirely unjustified. That's not the case. There were specific aspects of the investigation which were handled poorly. Carter Page for example. But Durham falls well short of finding that the entire investigation never should have happened.

Can we compare this to Whitewater? Whitewater came about because David Hale said the Clinton's were involved. David Hale said nothing to the FBI five years before when he was interviewed about Madison Guaranty. He said nothing when he went to the DA looking to plea bargain, the DA turned him down. Suddenly he recalls Clinton's involvement.

I get the Clintons are slimy. I am not disagreeing. But the entire Starr investigation resulted, similarly, in just process crime convictions - Bill Clinton lied about a totally unrelated matter. That was serious, and he deserved punishment for it. But it had nothing at all to do with Whitewater. Starr spent a whole lot of money and time and couldn't charge Clinton with anything related to Whitewater.

If Trump had been charged by someone under felony investigation seeking a plea deal, who couldn't produce one other witness nor one sheet of paper as evidence, conservatives would be angry.

If Clinton had been accused of being in collusion based on what the FBI had on Trump, liberals would be angry.

Both cases illustrate a problem in the system. Candidates can't be above the law, but they can't be beneath it.

There are huge similarities but I doubt many will see them. We can't make the standard for launching an investigation be so low that an Ouji Board response triggers one.
I think when you decide you want to be president, you implicitly accept a lot of unwanted attention. If the government went all Whitewater or Mueller on a private citizen, that would be a much bigger problem.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yeah, like I said. What's your point?
Bias?

“The speed and manner in which the FBI opened and investigated Crossfire Hurricane during the presidential election season based on raw, unanalyzed, and uncorroborated intelligence also reflected a notable departure from how it approached prior matters involving possible attempted foreign election interference plans aimed at the Clinton campaign. As described in Section IV.B, in the eighteen months leading up to the 2016 election, the FBI was required to deal with a number of proposed investigations that had the potential of affecting the election. In each of those instances, the FBI moved with considerable caution. In one such matter….FBI Headquarters and Department officials required defensive briefings to be provided to Clinton and other officials or candidates who appeared to be the targets of foreign interference. In another, the FBI elected to end an investigation after one of its longtime and valuable CHSs went beyond what was authorized and made an improper and possibly illegal financial contribution to the Clinton campaign on behalf of a foreign entity as a precursor to a much larger donation being contemplated”

Yeah the FBI was too quick to open an investigation. Whoop dee f*cking doo. Like I said, wet fart.
The FBI is exactly like I portrayed. The FBI is steeped in shady practices and skirting the rules. That’s J.Edgar’s legacy. But we didn’t mind so much then because the mob and the commies were targets. But when a candidate for president became the target, because he was a candidate, respect for the FBI goes in the dumpster.

But the sad part isn’t the FBI. The sad part is too many people say Whoop dee f*cking doo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT