ADVERTISEMENT

Donald’s taxes

I know, RIGHT!?! In what universe is this even debatable?

This claim that it's somehow not the responsibility of the loan applicant to accurately divulge the worth of his/her properties to the bank is, underrated, the most absurd claim I've seen around these parts; and that's saying a lot, because absurd claims on the Cooler, they are about as common as the sight of a high-society hooker on Rush street in Chicago (pre-pandemic of course).

It's like, what, the part on the loan application that literally states something to the extent of (SEE BELOW), that also literally requires said applicant's signature for confirmation isn't some sort of clear identification & acknowledgement that the applicant is duly, solely, wholly and unequivocally responsible for the information (information that is absolutely inclusive of property valuations) for which the applicant has provided on the form????

SIGNATURES. By signing below, Loan Applicant confirms that the information provided on all accompanying financial statements, valuations, and schedules for the purpose of obtaining credit and represents that the information submitted is accurate and complete. Loan Applicant acknowledges that representations made in this application will be relied on by Lender in evaluating this application and, if approved, in extending credit. Loan Applicant represents that none of the parties named in this application have relied on advice from the Lender in applying for or receiving any credit. Loan Applicant will promptly notify Lender of any subsequent changes which would affect the accuracy of this application, and will provide all documents and information that Lender decides are necessary to complete this application. Loan Applicant authorizes Lender to retain this application, whether or not Lender approves any extension of credit. Any intentional misrepresentation of the information contained herein could result in criminal action under federal law. By signing below, the undersigned agree(s) to all the terms and conditions of this Application

Date _____________________________
Applicant Name: _____________________________
Applicant Title: _____________________________
Applicant Signature: ______________________

Nope, the applicant (Donald J. Trump in this case) would bear no responsibility at all.

Ha! Now that's Rich!

Donald Trump though?

Apparently not so rich
Of course he's a fraud, but any bank loaning money to him without accurately appraising the property and asking for audited financials is in on it. Same goes for underpayment of property taxes.

It took me a while to get through the entire thing, but it looks like a more detailed accounting of what we all already knew was true. But it's the specifics you mentioned that are the most tantalizing. Who wouldn't relish seeing Donald Trump truly go broke?

When you add up the tax liabilities with the loans coming due plus the future attorney fees, The Donald has some big issues.

The sad part is you wouldn't even get a job as a bank teller with his credit history. Yet, he's president....

Mark Cuban was the first person I recall pointing this out. It got under trump's skin so badly that trump reacted with the old reliable "Who is Mark Cuban, I don't recall meeting him".

If anyone “fixed it”, it would be Dems but then the rubes would put you guys right back in to f*** it all up again. The cons have convinced (maybe you could even say conned) the rubes into believing that the best thing for the working man is to give billionaires tax cuts. The cons will give permanent tax cuts to billionaires but the ones for the middle class always have an expiration date.

Lol...gotta love fanboi parroting

Reactions: ButHerEmails
And this is over and above what they have received from the US government from all trump's golf trips.
From the Times: "It is important to remember that the returns are not an unvarnished look at Mr. Trump's business activity. They are instead his own portrayal of his companies, compiled for the I.R.S. But they do offer the most detailed picture yet available."

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Of course he's a fraud, but any bank loaning money to him without accurately appraising the property and asking for audited financials is in on it. Same goes for underpayment of property taxes.

A prospective bank or lending institution may or may not be in on it; and, if they are, then they absolutely lay burden to plenty of that responsibility. However, in either case - whether the bank/lender is in cahoots on the scheme or not - my point was to contend the notion that the loan applicant (in this case Donald Trump) bears no responsibility for the information that he or she provides and signs off on in acknowledgment to its accuracy in good faith to the best of their knowledge, is not only laughable, it also couldn't be further from the truth or the law for that matter.

There was a lot to wade through, but that one jumped out at me. Sounds like a classic case of tax fraud, and Ivanka was a willing participant. Gotta think that puts her in the crosshairs as well.
Income tax fraud maybe but avoidance of Federal Gift and Estate tax more likely, which is a way steeper tax.

There was a lot to wade through, but that one jumped out at me. Sounds like a classic case of tax fraud, and Ivanka was a willing participant. Gotta think that puts her in the crosshairs as well.

I know you despise the Trumps Mark, but you think this is somehow this supposed bombshell is new to the IRS? They've likely audited him and his enterprises many times during many administrations.

Reactions: Birnk403
If anyone “fixed it”, it would be Dems but then the rubes would put you guys right back in to f*** it all up again. The cons have convinced (maybe you could even say conned) the rubes into believing that the best thing for the working man is to give billionaires tax cuts. The cons will give permanent tax cuts to billionaires but the ones for the middle class always have an expiration date.

Umm...yeah. 🙄

I know you despise the Trumps Mark, but you think this is somehow this supposed bombshell is new to the IRS? They've likely audited him and his enterprises many times during many administrations.
You would think so, wouldn't you? Do the payments to Ivanka for consulting sound kosher to you? Perhaps they didn't look into the company -- owned by Ivanka -- they were paid to. Otherwise, I dunno.

There very well may be nothing technically illegal going on, but that doesn't make it any less sordid.

Reactions: Bill4411
You would think so, wouldn't you? Do the payments to Ivanka for consulting sound kosher to you? Perhaps they didn't look into the company -- owned by Ivanka -- they were paid to. Otherwise, I dunno.

There very well may be nothing technically illegal going on, but that doesn't make it any less sordid.

There is special place in hell for some family businesses and a special place in heaven for anyone who works for one.

I'm not versed in tax rules, but if Ivanka actually provided consultation and services and her income was taxable, then what exactly is the problem? If that income was somehow not taxable then I would be quite skeptical.

I assume you feel the same way about Congresswoman Omar, who paid her ex-Mister, now husband hundreds of thousands of dollars out of political funds for "consultation"?

You and ribbont need to re-read twenty02’s post. You’re both really struggling with this which is not completely surprising. Try to pretend you’re literate and give it the old college try. I believe in you.

• Haha
Reactions: Zizkov
That would be an old slur renaming the New York Times by substituting a rhyming word. I assume you can figure it out from here.
(Hint to the poster that reads no papers and watches no news - The New York Times is a newspaper published in New York City.)
Surprisingly, I have heard of the Times, but was not familiar with that slander. Not cool...

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I'm not versed in tax rules, but if Ivanka actually provided consultation and services and her income was taxable, then what exactly is the problem? If that income was somehow not taxable then I would be quite skeptical.
I don't know. All I know is it smells. Bill may have pointed out the real motivation.
I assume you feel the same way about Congresswoman Omar, who paid her ex-Mister, now husband hundreds of thousands of dollars out of political funds for "consultation"?
Sure. That smells too. Although I don't know if there would be some distinction between campaign expenses and business expenses. Was he on the payroll as well?

Shouldn’t we hold the POTUS to a higher standard than just a guy who cheats on his taxes? This seems so obvious to me.

Reactions: Bill4411
Surprisingly, I have heard of the Times, but was not familiar with that slander. Not cool...
Also, I was mistaken about reading or watching no news. I do subscribe to Heather Cox Richardson on FB & read it occasionally, but not daily. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an alternative to mainstream media, but she is certainly slanted to the left...it was an honestly accidental omission.

You and ribbont need to re-read twenty02’s post. You’re both really struggling with this which is not completely surprising. Try to pretend you’re literate and give it the old college try. I believe in you.

When will you understand that nobody cares about your drivel? But keep posting nonsense.

I don't know. All I know is it smells. Bill may have pointed out the real motivation.

Sure. That smells too. Although I don't know if there would be some distinction between campaign expenses and business expenses. Was he on the payroll as well?

Avoidance of gift and inheritance tax? Could be though $750K isn't that much. But, I wasn't privy to those laws as my family never had the means to worry about that stuff, so I can't claim to know either way.

If those business expenses were taxpayer funded (I have no idea how the Trump hotel world operates), there could be a legitimate comparison. These were funds provided to her campaign by the DNC and/or donors that were used to pad her SO's pockets.

Shouldn’t we hold the POTUS to a higher standard than just a guy who cheats on his taxes? This seems so obvious to me.

This seems to be lost to many on this board. Must be a symptom of trickle-down leadership.

This seems to be lost to many on this board. Must be a symptom of trickle-down leadership.

And, have you noticed, right on cue, all the people who don’t support Trump, never even dreamed of voting for Trump and swear they never would vote for Trump have all simultaneous jumped to the “is it illegal, or just shady-looking” argument.

He cheats at golf. How much lower can you get?

tenor.gif

And, have you noticed, right on cue, all the people who don’t support Trump, never even dreamed of voting for Trump and swear they never would vote for Trump have all simultaneous jumped to the “is it illegal, or just shady-looking” argument.
Duh...nobody voted for T.rump, and nobody supports him. He was somehow magically enchanted into the Oval Office by some sort of Dem witchcraft, which is really confusing, seeing how the Right sure is trying to blame President Biden for the last four years. Either way, it's the Lefties' fault.

Reactions: sglowrider

If that's your barometer, then what were your thoughts on Billy? Genuinely curious.

I was never in the impeach camp and in revisiting with today's view, still don't find myself with Newt and the others.

VictoriousEdibleBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

Duh...nobody voted for T.rump, and nobody supports him. He was somehow magically enchanted into the Oval Office by some sort of Dem witchcraft, which is really confusing, seeing how the Right sure is trying to blame President Biden for the last four years. Either way, it's the Lefties' fault.

In all fairness, President Biden did really let the country go to shit over the last four years. It’s time for change. We can’t let President Biden get re-elected.

Reactions: sglowrider
If that's your barometer, then what were your thoughts on Billy? Genuinely curious.

I was never in the impeach camp and in revisiting with today's view, still don't find myself with Newt and the others.

VictoriousEdibleBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

I’m probably in the same camp. I don’t think it was worthy of impeachment. However, I do think it was worthy of condemnation. Bill is not a great guy.

I know, RIGHT!?! In what universe is this even debatable?

This claim that it's somehow not the responsibility of the loan applicant to accurately divulge the worth of his/her properties to the bank is, underrated, the most absurd claim I've seen around these parts; and that's saying a lot, because absurd claims on the Cooler, they are about as common as the sight of a high-society hooker on Rush street in Chicago (pre-pandemic of course).

It's like, what, the part on the loan application that literally states something to the extent of (SEE BELOW), that also literally requires said applicant's signature for confirmation isn't some sort of clear identification & acknowledgement that the applicant is duly, solely, wholly and unequivocally responsible for the information (information that is absolutely inclusive of property valuations) for which the applicant has provided on the form????

SIGNATURES. By signing below, Loan Applicant confirms that the information provided on all accompanying financial statements, valuations, and schedules for the purpose of obtaining credit and represents that the information submitted is accurate and complete. Loan Applicant acknowledges that representations made in this application will be relied on by Lender in evaluating this application and, if approved, in extending credit. Loan Applicant represents that none of the parties named in this application have relied on advice from the Lender in applying for or receiving any credit. Loan Applicant will promptly notify Lender of any subsequent changes which would affect the accuracy of this application, and will provide all documents and information that Lender decides are necessary to complete this application. Loan Applicant authorizes Lender to retain this application, whether or not Lender approves any extension of credit. Any intentional misrepresentation of the information contained herein could result in criminal action under federal law. By signing below, the undersigned agree(s) to all the terms and conditions of this Application

Date _____________________________
Applicant Name: _____________________________
Applicant Title: _____________________________
Applicant Signature: ______________________

Nope, the applicant (Donald J. Trump in this case) would bear no responsibility at all.

Ha! Now that's Rich!

Donald Trump though?

Apparently not so rich
How much is your house worth? Exactly?

thank you. I think ole Timmy boy is about ready to stroke out

One doesn't typically get consulting work from the organization they already work for. But it doesn't really eliminate the tax burden. Trump Org could deduct it, but she'd have to then claim it as income. It's obviously some tax optimization going on there, but not necessarily nefarious

$70k deductions for Don's hair work? That sounds dubious legally. Running personal expenses though a business is a big no- no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT