ADVERTISEMENT

Donald’s taxes

You are comparing an individual tax return of a real estate developer with a closely held business to a corporate tax liability for a publicly traded technology company.

That's apples and coconuts.

Income taxes and business success are apples and coconuts.

Income taxes and business success are apples and coconuts.

Not really. At some point, if you're actually making money.....taxes are going to show up. There's no special loophole for anyone to get out of it (individuals, not corporations)...... beyond death and stepped- up basis.

Trump's tax situation is in no way even close to normal. Unless you just accept the bottom line....all his real businesses are perpetual money losers. And his only monetary success has come via celebrity. Just another Kardashian.

He inherited a fortune... he did do well in his initial Manhattan developments in the early 80s.... but since then has been a vanity clown show.

Trump has been in the local NY swamp. I am talking about the DC national swamp. The ones with Biden, Hatch, etc have been a part of. Here's a list via wiki. More Dems than Pubs, but enough of both to be in the swamp.

Not to mention law firms, lobbyists, etc.

Trump was a douchebag on mainly a local level, politically speaking. Now he is a douchebag on a national level, but is outdone by Biden's 47 years of douchebaggery.

But you’re voting for him. Got it!

Reactions: Circlejoe
Not really. At some point, if you're actually making money.....taxes are going to show up. There's no special loophole for anyone to get out of it (individuals, not corporations)...... beyond death and stepped- up basis.

Trump's tax situation is in no way even close to normal. Unless you just accept the bottom line....all his real businesses are perpetual money losers. And his only monetary success has come via celebrity. Just another Kardashian.

He inherited a fortune... he did do well in his initial Manhattan developments in the early 80s.... but since then has been a vanity clown show.
I wonder if we would be having any of these discussions if Mark Burnett hadn't approached T.rump to host "The Apprentice", or if T.rump had turned him down like he initially considered?

And, have you noticed, right on cue, all the people who don’t support Trump, never even dreamed of voting for Trump and swear they never would vote for Trump have all simultaneous jumped to the “is it illegal, or just shady-looking” argument.

And all of the folks who always jump to the "guilty X 3" argument did so as well. No one should be shocked.

The objective educated person would want to know the level of crime committed and react accordingly.

Remember the lecture someone here got from the goat guy after they jumped to a conclusion about who shot the cops in Louisville?

Shouldn’t we hold the POTUS to a higher standard than just a guy who cheats on his taxes? This seems so obvious to me.

IMHO the POTUS should be held to the highest possible standard. Beyond reproach.

In the unlikely event he is reelected, he needs to be held to that standard for the next four years.

Once he is out of office (likely Jan) he needs to be held tot he normal standards for business and personal activity and that includes the 10 year history we are beginning to hear about.

If there are violations he needs to be held accountable for them. So far all I hear is predictable political posturing and rhetoric. I will wait for the facts.

IMHO the POTUS should be held to the highest possible standard. Beyond reproach.

In the unlikely event he is reelected, he needs to be held to that standard for the next four years.

Once he is out of office (likely Jan) he needs to be held tot he normal standards for business and personal activity and that includes the 10 year history we are beginning to hear about.

If there are violations he needs to be held accountable for them. So far all I hear is predictable political posturing and rhetoric. I will wait for the facts.
He got almost half a bil from the apprentice. Probably parlayed that into a shit ton of new loans and used it as a ten year lifeline. Then got headway as a candidate. Probably parlayed that into some new loans. If he can stay out of the pokey he’ll get new tv opps once he’s out of office. New money. New loans. New lifeline. I know tons of people like this on a tiny scale. New windfall. New uptick in biz. New loans. Rinse repeat.

Reactions: Bill4411
He got almost half a bil from the apprentice. Probably parlayed that into a shit ton of new loans and used it as a ten year lifeline. Then got headway as a candidate. Probably parlayed that into some new loans. If he can stay out of the pokey he’ll get new tv opps once he’s out of office. New money. New loans. New lifeline. I know tons of people like this on a tiny scale. New windfall. New uptick in biz. New loans. Rinse repeat.

Watch for "Trump TV" It will last 18-24 months and make money.

You heard it from me first.

Interesting. I always heard the big advantage to various corps is that they cannot come for your personal money if the Corp goes belly up. Doing this seems to totally defeat that advantage.
As to that debt, yes. As to more general creditors (think in terms of the guy who sold Trump pianos), the corp still offers the protections described to you.

They paid him half a billion for that crap show of his?!? I watched maybe five minutes, once, and hated it. Of course, I hated it because Trump has rubbed me the wrong way since the first time I ever heard about him. I'm not a fan of people that are narcissistic, arrogant, dishonest, bombastic, braggards and it was immediately clear that he was all of those things.

They paid him half a billion for that crap show of his?!? I watched maybe five minutes, once, and hated it. Of course, I hated it because Trump has rubbed me the wrong way since the first time I ever heard about him. I'm not a fan of people that are narcissistic, arrogant, dishonest, bombastic, braggards and it was immediately clear that he was all of those things.

Not so sure why you spend so much time here then.

Amazing. 427 million including licensing fees etc.

• Wow
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
It's pretty wild when you find a single human being that encompasses every trait you despise. You'd think there would be a glimmer of something redeemable about trump, but there's not.
You could easily add:
philanderer

and probably:
treasonous

Agreed. It’ll have record ratings. He’ll release all kinds of classified shit. Area 51 etc lol

It will only make money if it's managed by someone other than The Trump Corp. It's not that hard to make money in TV, but it's REALLY easy to lose money in TV if you're a bombastic egotist who doesn't listen to people who know what they're talking about and don't manage cash well. The landscape is littered with 'em.

It will only make money if it's managed by someone other than The Trump Corp. It's not that hard to make money in TV, but it's REALLY easy to lose money in TV if you're a bombastic egotist who doesn't listen to people who know what they're talking about and don't manage cash well. The landscape is littered with 'em.

Considering traditional cable TV model is also dying off, I highly doubt there's much of a market for such garbage

Considering traditional cable TV model is also dying off, I highly doubt there's much of a market for such garbage

There's definitely a market if it's managed, but just like any business, it's the details and the margins that tell the story.

What happened to Air America and Current TV? Did Trump manage them too?

Donald isn’t a billionaire. Hell, with the amount he owes in loans coming due within a couple of years, he might not be a millionaire. Add that he might lose a tax ruling that could cost him well over $100,000,000. And that doesn’t even consider that he likely overstated the value of several properties which could land serious criminal charges for him and family members. The Donald has serious financial issues. I’m so surprised. 😮

Hell I didn’t realize that Donald did his own taxes. You would think he would get a CPA to help him out. Duh.....

This thread highlights the human difficulty in admitting you’ve been duped. It’s really hard to do.

What a non issue. The federal tax and IRS need to go away. Kudos to anyone who beats that system. Won't vote for Trump but if teaches me how to not pay Federal tax, I might just vote for him.

Great. Another person who hates national parks, highways and the military. I’m sure we could figure out how to do all that in the free market though.

The real suckers are us, the American voters, not Donald Trump.
We the voters elected him. We swallowed his lies like a lollipop.
Donald the professional swindler just took advantage of us the suckers1

What a non issue. The federal tax and IRS need to go away. Kudos to anyone who beats that system. Won't vote for Trump but if teaches me how to not pay Federal tax, I might just vote for him.
Nah, you're not eligible for enrollment in the Trump School of Tax Evasion. You need enormous underlying wealth (or at least the illusion of enormous wealth) and an army of aggressive accountants, lawyers and a crooked fixer or two.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT