ADVERTISEMENT

DOJ IG knows # of FBI informants

It's incredible that you guys think all these other people and institutions are absolute liars, but Trump is as honest as the day is long. What world do you really live on?
I think that he is a liar and those institutions, filled with humans as they are, also are undoubtedly staffed by people who are politically motivated liars (as is any institution that is staffed by human beings).

That isn't to say that every member of those institutions is corrupt, or inept, or a liar, or someone motivated to use their power to hit political opponents but I think there are those elements in those institutions. Conservatives used to have a healthy distrust of government overreach, I think it is natural to question that if people in the Department of Education can have their own politically motivated intentions, why not also people in the DoD, CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.?

It has been my observation over the years that when government institutions "lose" things or are less than transparent, that often means they feel that knowledge in the hands of the public would make them look bad for some reason or another. So we do this dance where they conveniently lose a video of something they blamed on the right wing and went from "We can't talk about who and how many we had embedded in that crowd (if anyone at all)" to "of course we had people in the crowd but we can't tell you what they were doing...." And remember this is coming from a group who has shown itself to me more than happy to push people towards crimes, to the point of having more of their informants in a cell pushing for even bigger crimes, all in the name of getting a conviction (See Gretchen Whitmer "assassination plot").

All these conspiracy theories develop when government gives the appearance of hiding things or is flat out caught lying. Both of those elements exist around Trump. So no, it isn't really shocking to me that people don't take all these agencies at face value. There are very high profile instances of them having been caught flat out lying about things to either make Trump look bad or to cover for their favored candidate. Trust is earned. They burned bridges. I don't go as far as some of these other guys with my side eye, but I understand why they feel how they do.

in the January 6th crowd, and the # who went into the capital, but can't tell us until after the election.

MR, have had concerns about law enforcement using RICO and entrapment for sometime. The whole notion of government law enforcement plotting to arrest and try citizens who are part of a group but not necessarily directly involved in a crime concerns me.

A defense involving entrapment is that prior to a crime being committed by a group in which a person was part of, the person was not predisposed.

In regard to the January 6th incident the defense of someone arrested for disorderly conduct and/or unlawful entry would be that a person involved was not predisposed. Furthermore his entering the Capitol was the result of following the leadership of government law enforcement plants. Plants who were part of an entrapment plot.

To make this defense work, it would seem to me the defense would have somehow prove the government plants were part of a entrapment plot by the government. If the government agents were just informants the entrapment defense would be weak in my not a lawyer's opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Why wouldn't they have informants among that mob? Why shouldn't they? You seem to think that would exonerate the thugs that rioted and destroyed property and injured the police (who Republicans usually support - but you MAGAs have a new "**** THE POLICE" motto). How does that work? What the hell do you think these pipe bombs are supposed to prove? You clowns are an embarrassment to the GOP.
I think those pipe bombs were a Jussie Smollett operation. Thats the only explanation for the FBI’ hamfisted investigation, silence, and coverup.

It's incredible that you guys think all these other people and institutions are absolute liars,
Well, it’s because they are liars. From Comey’s illegal leak to the NYT, to the SS’s cocaine coverup, if the investigation touches politics, these assholes lie their asses off. Whistle blowers, stonewalling GOP houses investigations, destruction of or “losing” documents, BS and dishonest congressional testimony, using FISA laws against citizens at a school board meeting, falsifying a FISA warrant application, the great laptop coverup, and on and on. And this is just what we know of. Part of FBI, SS, etc. tradecraft is deception and undercover ops. This is fine when criminal gangs are the target. But our government and DOJ have targeted the political opposition. I’m not good with this.

Last edited:
Well, it’s because they are liars. From Comey’s illegal leak to the NYT, to the SS’s cocaine coverup, if the investigation touches politics, these assholes lie their asses off. Whistle blowers, stonewalling GOP houses investigations, destruction of or “losing” documents, BS and dishonest congressional testimony, using FISA laws against citizens at a school board meeting, falsifying a FISA warrant application, the great laptop coverup, and on and on. And this is just what we know of. Part of FBI, SS, etc. tradecraft is deception and undercover ops. This is fine when criminal gangs are the target. But our government and DOJ have targeted the political opposition. I’m not good with this.
What was Republican Comey’s “illegal leak?”

All the stuff related to the MAGA led House investigation is political BS.

How did a Republican led and Republican dominated FBI go bad in your opinion?

I think that he is a liar and those institutions, filled with humans as they are, also are undoubtedly staffed by people who are politically motivated liars (as is any institution that is staffed by human beings).

That isn't to say that every member of those institutions is corrupt, or inept, or a liar, or someone motivated to use their power to hit political opponents but I think there are those elements in those institutions. Conservatives used to have a healthy distrust of government overreach, I think it is natural to question that if people in the Department of Education can have their own politically motivated intentions, why not also people in the DoD, CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.?

It has been my observation over the years that when government institutions "lose" things or are less than transparent, that often means they feel that knowledge in the hands of the public would make them look bad for some reason or another. So we do this dance where they conveniently lose a video of something they blamed on the right wing and went from "We can't talk about who and how many we had embedded in that crowd (if anyone at all)" to "of course we had people in the crowd but we can't tell you what they were doing...." And remember this is coming from a group who has shown itself to me more than happy to push people towards crimes, to the point of having more of their informants in a cell pushing for even bigger crimes, all in the name of getting a conviction (See Gretchen Whitmer "assassination plot").

All these conspiracy theories develop when government gives the appearance of hiding things or is flat out caught lying. Both of those elements exist around Trump. So no, it isn't really shocking to me that people don't take all these agencies at face value. There are very high profile instances of them having been caught flat out lying about things to either make Trump look bad or to cover for their favored candidate. Trust is earned. They burned bridges. I don't go as far as some of these other guys with my side eye, but I understand why they feel how they do.
I think you give the Feds way more credit than they deserve.
Look at the sons of bitches who 'testify' in front of Congress, who will not answer for anything, will lie repeatedly,under oath, 'investigate' everything, but never find anything.
Bastards!
Again, I look forward to the reckoning.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

He wrote notes about his meeting with Trump and asked a third party to give it to the NYT. The notes were official FBI records.

Not everything the GOP house does is political BS. But a committed never-Trumper would think that. There are very serious issues involved that the FBI should explain, but don’t. It’s a pretty long list.

How did they go bad ? How is obvious. Why is the better question. To a large extent the FBI was always bad. J. Edgar pulled a lot of crap. So did Bobby Kennedy as AG. The difference is that back in those days the targets were commies and the mob. Nowadays it’s Trump and MAGA. The never Trump media onslaught has been very effective. And it is going on as I write this. It is getting worse.

Well, for starters they had at least one agent working to influence the 2016 election.

We know that for an absolute fact.

They also were found to be investigating things that should not have been investigated, involving the president of the United States.

We also know that for a fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT