ADVERTISEMENT

Does Woodson resign?

That is the quality friends of Woodson point to most. It’s not necessarily his fire on a golf course or a sideline, nor the points he scored for IU.

“What I have always found to be the issue with Mike: He was not nearly as good a basketball player as he is a human being,” Buckner said. “He may be the best human being I know.

Anybody think this hire wasnt made due to friendship.

Reactions: TheShadow1087
Rick Majerus would be better than what we have right now.
RIP Coach Majerus but thank you for throwing positive vibes of him my way. I'm serious, dude woild have killed it at IU. Bo Ryan type results at IU. The health issues after 2000 would have been the only thing holding him back. Him battling many issues late and turning Slu bball around was amazing.

Honestly, I’m not sure he even wants to be coaching. Coaching the college game today, with recruiting, NIL, fan expectations, etc is demanding for someone in their prime.

He looks like he’s having absolutely no fun out there. Any chance he’d step down at the end of the year?
One can only hope he will.

Reactions: GThomas
RIP Coach Majerus but thank you for throwing positive vibes of him my way. I'm serious, dude woild have killed it at IU. Bo Ryan type results at IU. The health issues after 2000 would have been the only thing holding him back. Him battling many issues late and turning Slu bball around was amazing.
Now just wat a minute. He was sanctioned by the NCAA for picking Up the bill for pizza while having dinner with a player. We can’t have a rule breaker as head coach.

• Love
Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
If he resigns can’t wait to see the latest installment of Experiments In Coaching, Produced and Directed by IU Administration Presentations. It scares the s###t out of me that Belichik hasn’t found a job and Calipari might be available.

First back to back home losses for UK since 1990.

More evidence every day that 5 star AAU freshmen do not compete that well against well coached upperclassmen. Too much of a strength and savvy differential. I thought the evidence was compelling long ago but apparently not.

Last edited:
Yes. The coach recruits the players, hires coaches...etc. He is responsible for everything and is judged by the collective result.....wins and losses. You can always find excuses for why you lose, but notice well coached teams never have an excuse? Wisconsin and PU never have an excuse. IU has AMPLE talent, it's 100% coaching failure.
I didn't mean that he wasn't responsible. But outside of our starting 5 we don't have anyone that consistently plays like they have an idea of what they are trying to do. How many times do we start off strong, sub out the starters and go into a hole. Yes that's Woodson's fault, but it seems like we don't have very many players that understand how to execute what he's trying to run. So you can say well he should run something else that they can execute, but what if they just aren't very good? Other than saying it's Woodson's fault for recruiting them, what can he do during the season?

... Yes that's Woodson's fault ...
This is really enough, all that needs said. It's accurate.

No, I have nothing to add... just piling on.

Wondering, is there anybody on the staff who is considered a candidate for bigger things? Seems like the whole staff abdicates on teaching.

Reactions: YOTHN
I didn't mean that he wasn't responsible. But outside of our starting 5 we don't have anyone that consistently plays like they have an idea of what they are trying to do. How many times do we start off strong, sub out the starters and go into a hole. Yes that's Woodson's fault, but it seems like we don't have very many players that understand how to execute what he's trying to run. So you can say well he should run something else that they can execute, but what if they just aren't very good? Other than saying it's Woodson's fault for recruiting them, what can he do during the season?
Again, you can stack many reasons upon why the team is no good but all of those reasons start and end with coach. If there's no bench? Woodson. If they have no talent? Woodson. If they have talent but play awful? Woodson. That's the point, there are no excuses that pretend Woodson was handcuffed by anything other than his lack of knowing how to run a college program.

Again, you can stack many reasons upon why the team is no good but all of those reasons start and end with coach. If there's no bench? Woodson. If they have no talent? Woodson. If they have talent but play awful? Woodson. That's the point, there are no excuses that pretend Woodson was handcuffed by anything other than his lack of knowing how to run a college program.
I do not really disagree with any of that but these players are all earning a lot of money now. Do they not own any part of showing up ready to play, playing hard, executing the game plan, working on fundamentals if they are lacking, hitting free throws, etc.?

I do not really disagree with any of that but these players are all earning a lot of money now. Do they not own any part of showing up ready to play, playing hard, executing the game plan, working on fundamentals if they are lacking, hitting free throws, etc.?
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not clearing anyone of responsibility in their own actions. But again, it's on the coach to motivate them. The locker room is orchestrated by guys he recruits and by instilling the ethic he requires. There is no excuse that absolves CMW from all blame in the end. Again, well coached teams don't ever have these issues you state. Why is that?

We all wanted Woodson to be the guy but this isn't hard to recognize he's not it. I'm not bashing him, we just can't use that reasoning to make emotional decisions that will prolong the pain.

Reactions: IUbball_lifer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT