ADVERTISEMENT

Does Woodson resign?

Wiedersehen

Junior
Jan 6, 2019
Honestly, I’m not sure he even wants to be coaching. Coaching the college game today, with recruiting, NIL, fan expectations, etc is demanding for someone in their prime.

He looks like he’s having absolutely no fun out there. Any chance he’d step down at the end of the year?

Honestly, I’m not sure he even wants to be coaching. Coaching the college game today, with recruiting, NIL, fan expectations, etc is demanding for someone in their prime.

He looks like he’s having absolutely no fun out there. Any chance he’d step down at the end of the year?
I forsure hope so. This is getting comical exposing how bad he is. He already got his retirement taken care of, please ride off on your horse, Mr Woodson.

He is worst I’ve seen at IU keeping in mind we have three 5*s.

I kinda doubt we would be so lucky as to have him resign. I’d guess he wants to try and fix it. We shouldn’t let him get the chance to try, because he almost certainly won’t succeed.

This is no different than the last couple seasons of IU football. The coach is terrible and the program is going nowhere but the administration refuses to pull the trigger due to finances, pride, ineptitude, etc. Check back in March 2025. Maybe then a change is made.

• Sad
Reactions: ufo33
This is no different than the last couple seasons of IU football. The coach is terrible and the program is going nowhere but the administration refuses to pull the trigger due to finances, pride, ineptitude, etc. Check back in March 2025. Maybe then a change is made.

Big donors have pull, though.
Just like with Allen, his fate was sealed before this season ended. They weren’t going to dump more money into a coach who was failing miserably. And, that’s football we are talking about. The expectations weren’t as intense as with basketball. Yet, they spent $15 million to send him on his way. I’m not so sure that it couldn’t happen with Woody as well.
We are in a conference where we are getting boatloads of revenue coming in. Getting rid of Woody isn’t a financial crisis for this university. IU was ranked #13 nationally in sports revenue for the 2022 season.

Just like with Allen, his fate was sealed before this season ended. They weren’t going to dump more money into a coach who was failing miserably. And, that’s football we are talking about. The expectations weren’t as intense as with basketball. Yet, they spent $15 million to send him on his way. I’m not so sure that it couldn’t happen with Woody as well.
We are in a conference where we are getting boatloads of revenue coming in. Getting rid of Woody isn’t a financial crisis for this university. IU was ranked #13 nationally in sports revenue for the 2022 season.
It’s gonna be awesome traveling to the West Coast to get humiliated in back 2 back games a couple times a year now. Most companies work diligently trying to protect their brand. IU seemingly couldn’t care less.

• Angry
Reactions: ufo33 and philliu

About the ONLY way I see that both sides can save some face.

It wouldn’t be a financial crisis for IU because, as with Tom Allen, it’s not their money, it’s donor money.

The real question is, a mere few months after the $15 million Allen buyout would donors be ready to pay another, say, $8-10 million to replace Woodson via a negotiated settlement?

Let's be honest, he's a mediocre coach. Sub .500 career NBA, going to be sub .500 this season. Anyone with a pulse knows TJD carried us the last two years (and JHS a few as well). I heard boos on the radio at the end of the game and Bardo said hes never heard assembly so quiet during the game. We all know how this ends if he's not gone end season. Quit fooling around.

Um…No. there’s no way that I see Woodson resigning. He wants to coach and he wants to coach at Indiana.

He sees this as a player issue. He’s pretty far away from seeing this as his own debacle and resigning from the position. Not happening anytime soon.
He won't be able to get the players he thinks he needs under the current circumstances. Nothing he can do except win.

It wouldn’t be a financial crisis for IU because, as with Tom Allen, it’s not their money, it’s donor money.

The real question is, a mere few months after the $15 million Allen buyout would donors be ready to pay another, say, $8-10 million to replace Woodson via a negotiated settlement?
They should unless they want a shit show for 2025 this only gets worse. It be different if he had four or five players coming in that would make a difference McNeeley is good but enough to make us a good team with a mediocre coach.

• Angry
He won't be able to get the players he thinks he needs under the current circumstances. Nothing he can do except win.
there is no way he is going to be able to go into the portal and get top notch guards he will need next season to even compete . He will have to beat out top 15 schools to get them and what does woodson have to sell them other than nil which they can get at those other schools. He may get some average guards but that will not be enough to overcome his bad coaching

Is it entirely wrong (referring to Woodson seeing this "as a player issue")?
Yes. The coach recruits the players, hires coaches...etc. He is responsible for everything and is judged by the collective result.....wins and losses. You can always find excuses for why you lose, but notice well coached teams never have an excuse? Wisconsin and PU never have an excuse. IU has AMPLE talent, it's 100% coaching failure.

Thad Matta
Michael Lewis
Dane Fife
Bruce Pearl
Rick Pitino (he will live and coach forever like Keef Richards)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT