ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis honors Jimmy Buffett lol

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
flags in Florida will be flown at half staff. Jimmy Buffett required tests or vaccinations at his concerts.

If Buffett had not died DeSantis would have called him a fraud.

Last edited:
flags in Florida will be flown at half staff. Jimmy Buffett required tests or vaccinations at his concerts.

If Buffett had not died DeSantis would have called him a fraud.
He had to try and do something because Biden stole his thunder with his condolence tweet. Which he posted on the actual day that we all discovered Jimmy had passed, not as a shallow gesture a week later to try and earn some cred...

Of course since Jimmy actually campaigned for Obama/Biden in both 2008 and 2012, and also for HRC in 2016 Biden actually had occasion to know Jimmy over the years and provide a genuine,heartfelt tribute...

Last edited:
Reactions: 82hoosier
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll make the connection here (trust me)

Some friends of ours invited us to the Colts pre-season event last night. It was free, and they were handing out $10 coupons for drinks. Doors opened at 4:00. MindFreak did a straighjacket escape 150 feet in the air at 7:30, and concert started at 8:00. I think people were encouraged to walk around Irsay's guitar collection during the pre-concert time. We ate out on Mass Avenue before, so didn't get there until right before Criss Angel (the aforementioned MindFreak).

Concert Lineup:
The Jimmy Irsay Band, featuring Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Kenny Aronoff, and several other musicians who I didn't know, but assume they were all named "Kenny". They were lead by that world-renowned rock singer...Jimmy Irsay. After they played "Lawyers, Guns, and Money", I passed out for awhile.

Next up, Stephen Stills, who played about 3 songs with the house band (No J.I., thank goodness) including Southern Cross, in tribute to Jimmy Buffett (there's the connection).

Ann Wilson, who was on for 3 numbers total, sang songs by Led Zeppelin, The Who, and finished with Barracuda.

Peter Wolf, who at 77, wore me out just watching, played about 5 songs, including Love Stinks, Freeze Frame, and Centerfold.

John Cougar in a black, silky jumpsuit: Jack and Diane, Pink Houses, and Small Town

Irsay returned to the stage, and they brought out David Gilmour's guitar for Kenny Wayne Shepherd to play a couple of Pink Floyd numbers, sung by...Jimmy Irsay. The concert ended with Ann Wilson returning to the stage to sing a duet of Gimme Shelter with...you guessed it..Jimmy Irsay.

Two main comments:
1. Jimmy Irsay is 64 years old. He looks like my dad, who is 91. He sat the entire time on stage. At one point during the intro of a song, for effect, he was smoking a cigarette, then prior to singing, he dropped it in a water bottle.
2. He is worth $3.9 Billion. I wonder how much of that it costs to buy and maintain the cajones to think he belongs on stage, with respectable musicians, singing Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Warren Zevon, and at one point, Johnny Cash songs?

Some friends of ours invited us to the Colts pre-season event last night. It was free, and they were handing out $10 coupons for drinks. Doors opened at 4:00. MindFreak did a straighjacket escape 150 feet in the air at 7:30, and concert started at 8:00. I think people were encouraged to walk around Irsay's guitar collection during the pre-concert time. We ate out on Mass Avenue before, so didn't get there until right before Criss Angel (the aforementioned MindFreak).

Concert Lineup:
The Jimmy Irsay Band, featuring Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Kenny Aronoff, and several other musicians who I didn't know, but assume they were all named "Kenny". They were lead by that world-renowned rock singer...Jimmy Irsay. After they played "Lawyers, Guns, and Money", I passed out for awhile.

Next up, Stephen Stills, who played about 3 songs with the house band (No J.I., thank goodness) including Southern Cross, in tribute to Jimmy Buffett (there's the connection).

Ann Wilson, who was on for 3 numbers total, sang songs by Led Zeppelin, The Who, and finished with Barracuda.

Peter Wolf, who at 77, wore me out just watching, played about 5 songs, including Love Stinks, Freeze Frame, and Centerfold.

John Cougar in a black, silky jumpsuit: Jack and Diane, Pink Houses, and Small Town

Irsay returned to the stage, and they brought out David Gilmour's guitar for Kenny Wayne Shepherd to play a couple of Pink Floyd numbers, sung by...Jimmy Irsay. The concert ended with Ann Wilson returning to the stage to sing a duet of Gimme Shelter with...you guessed it..Jimmy Irsay.

Two main comments:
1. Jimmy Irsay is 64 years old. He looks like my dad, who is 91. He sat the entire time on stage. At one point during the intro of a song, for effect, he was smoking a cigarette, then prior to singing, he dropped it in a water bottle.
2. He is worth $3.9 Billion. I wonder how much of that it costs to buy and maintain the cajones to think he belongs on stage, with respectable musicians, singing Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Warren Zevon, and at one point, Johnny Cash songs?
Mellencamp has gone off the deep end. Someone should check on him.

Last edited:

Concert Lineup:

Two main comments:
I think they get so much money they just don’t care. Have you seen Adam Sandler in the wild? My ex stoker told me that’s how I was starting to dress. She left a few months later. Spend time with that

R.7e7c1688559b50bdecbe9481ca4b1ec0

Reactions: Spartans9312

Concert Lineup:

Two main comments:
I think Irsay paid for and provided that concert as a tribute to Jimmy Irsay. While fans certainty did get to enjoy an evening of free music, it was really just a billionaire putting himself on stage for the little people to see.

Concert Lineup:

Two main comments:
Wow I'm jealous,sort of. A friend of mine talked me into going to that last year, and we drove all the way from Bloomington, listened to about 4 songs and then she decided she was ready to leave. She had guilted me into going in the first place- I hate the Colts and last year's lineup had none of the level of quality names like Stills, Mellencamp, Ann Wilson or even Peter Wolf. Last years headliner WAS Irsay's band, so with this year's lineup there was at least some name recognition...

I remember about 20 yrs or so ago Irsay had some Colts preseason function at some location in Carmel/Geist whatever and it was broadcast on local Indy TV. IIIRC it was a large retailer, and I seem to remember it was like a Galyans or Dicks Sporting. It was just a late afternoon spot and Stills was there in the crowd. They briefly interviewed him but basically it seemed like he was just there as Irsay's friend and didn't actually perform... Might have done a brief sing along of Teach Your Children- my memory is hazy...

Buffet covered Southern Cross on one of his live albums, and used to open for Eagles and later became good friends with Henley and especially Frey. In fact Frey has co-writing credits on Gypsies in the Palace which is based on their mutual experiences of hiring locals to house sit at their respective homes in Aspen when they were on the road touring.

Jimmy actually inducted the Eagles into the RRHOF and Timothy B Schmidt was once a member of The Coral Reefer Band, in between stints with Poco and Eagles...The group that currently markets themselves as Eagles played a couple of Buffett songs as a tribute during a show last week at MSG. I find the video pretty embarrassing with Timmy Schmidt (who I normally love) performing a pretty blase version of Come Monday and Joe Walsh contributing a pretty pathetic rendition of Fins, which is too good of a song for such a weak cover.

Joe's voice is shot, and so is Stephen's. But I think Stills had a bout of prostate cancer, which might explain how he lost his range while Crosby,Nash and Young all managed to basically retain theirs and all 3 (including Crosby) still sounded pretty good on their most recent projects. It pains me to say that Stills' vocals are cringeworthy, because he was my first Rock&Roll hero and the driving force in some iconic bands...

Wow I'm jealous,sort of. A friend of mine talked me into going to that last year, and we drove all the way from Bloomington, listened to about 4 songs and then she decided she was ready to leave. She had guilted me into going in the first place- I hate the Colts and last year's lineup had none of the level of quality names like Stills, Mellencamp, Ann Wilson or even Peter Wolf. Last years headliner WAS Irsay's band, so with this year's lineup there was at least some name recognition...

I remember about 20 yrs or so ago Irsay had some Colts preseason function at some location in Carmel/Geist whatever and it was broadcast on local Indy TV. IIIRC it was a large retailer, and I seem to remember it was like a Galyans or Dicks Sporting. It was just a late afternoon spot and Stills was there in the crowd. They briefly interviewed him but basically it seemed like he was just there as Irsay's friend and didn't actually perform... Might have done a brief sing along of Teach Your Children- my memory is hazy...

Buffet covered Southern Cross on one of his live albums, and used to open for Eagles and later became good friends with Henley and especially Frey. In fact Frey has co-writing credits on Gypsies in the Palace which is based on their mutual experiences of hiring locals to house sit at their respective homes in Aspen when they were on the road touring.

Jimmy actually inducted the Eagles into the RRHOF and Timothy B Schmidt was once a member of The Coral Reefer Band, in between stints with Poco and Eagles...The group that currently markets themselves as Eagles played a couple of Buffett songs as a tribute during a show last week at MSG. I find the video pretty embarrassing with Timmy Schmidt (who I normally love) performing a pretty blase version of Come Monday and Joe Walsh contributing a pretty pathetic rendition of Fins, which is too good of a song for such a weak cover.

Joe's voice is shot, and so is Stephen's. But I think Stills had a bout of prostate cancer, which might explain how he lost his range while Crosby,Nash and Young all managed to basically retain theirs and all 3 (including Crosby) still sounded pretty good on their most recent projects. It pains me to say that Stills' vocals are cringeworthy, because he was my first Rock&Roll hero and the driving force in some iconic bands...
I was willing to give everyone a pass due to the less than optimal acoustics, but Ann Wilson did sound good. Stills sounded rough, but Irsay was like listening to RMK’s frogs mating.

Reactions: cosmickid

Concert Lineup:

Two main comments:
I see he dropped his alcoholism, but kept his nicotine addiction. Other than Kenny Wayne Shepard he was the youngest of the headline acts by a good decade. Alcohol probably takes more years off you than anything else — I say this even though I still drink, but always in moderation and only on weekends. Irsay is a f’k-up who never had to earn a damn thing in his life. It’s nice that he knows how to enjoy daddy’s money though.

The Colts will be much better off once he kicks and the daughters take over. So glad he didn’t have an arrogant f’k-up son who followed in daddy’s footsteps.

I see he dropped his alcoholism, but kept his nicotine addiction. Other than Kenny Wayne Shepard he was the youngest of the headline acts by a good decade. Alcohol probably takes more years off you than anything else — I say this even though I still drink, but always in moderation and only on weekends. Irsay is a f’k-up who never had to earn a damn thing in his life. It’s nice that he knows how to enjoy daddy’s money though.

The Colts will be much better off once he kicks and the daughters take over. So glad he didn’t have an arrogant f’k-up son who followed in daddy’s footsteps.

Irsay has not been that bad of an owner for the Colts. You could make a long list of a lot worse NFL owners. He's more or less turned things over to professional managers, something his father never did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT