ADVERTISEMENT

Dane Fife not returning

You can't be this dense. Name me a program (or company for that matter) that airs their dirty laundry willingly. The punishment at Northwestern was handled in-house end of story.

You act like Woody's comments listed Fife's transgressions individually. He did not. The coach made a decision and moved on. Other than Fife being a former player who cares.

Or were you hoping Fife was really the coach in waiting?
He is that dense.

Have you read any of his 6,000 other posts?

The problem with Woody is that he was only hired because he's an IU guy. He never would've been hired otherwise and it almost always ends in disaster.
Whether it works out or not it going to likley going to depend on if he can get legit shooters in here and enough of them. I saw we were like 311th or something like that in three point percentage last year. That is about as bad as you can get. You cannot hit the three you are not winning big in this day and age.

It is amazing it took maybe an hour and the wagons were circled and Fife was villian number one. I cannot see any IU graduate ever wanting to come here and coach after they see how quickly the fan base turned on Fife. Maybe some older guys who played with Woodson but not any of the younger guys. There is not way Michael Lewis would come here he was buddies with Fife.
I don’t see Fife as a villain. He was an assistant here, it didn’t work out. Doesn’t make me think less of him as a player or person. Life goes on. Hell, he’s walking away with $375,000. He will land on his feet somewhere and hopefully it works out great.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
You can't be this dense. Name me a program (or company for that matter) that airs their dirty laundry willingly. The punishment at Northwestern was handled in-house end of story.

You act like Woody's comments listed Fife's transgressions individually. He did not. The coach made a decision and moved on. Other than Fife being a former player who cares.

Or were you hoping Fife was really the coach in waiting?
So who’s out there leaking to Rabby et al.?

I don’t see Fife as a villain. He was an assistant here, it didn’t work out. Doesn’t make me think less of him as a player or person. Life goes on. Hell, he’s walking away with $375,000. He will land on his feet somewhere and hopefully it works out great.
No not everyone is but there certainly is an effort and stuff was leaked to try and damage him. Is it al ltrue I have no idea but whatever happened to lets part ways and just move on. You know at some point Fife will probably tell his side of the story and it is going to be alot different. Once he gets new job I would not be shocked if he hits the media.

So who’s out there leaking to Rabby et al.?
I don't know. Lot of insiders and hanger on types these days. Doesn't mean it is Woodson. Not saying this is the case, but if someone is not good at their job, not a fit, or just maybe a bit abrasive word will get out.

Anyone watching Indiana the last couple months could tell something wasn't meshing with Fife. I'm sure his side will be told at some point.

I alway heard no wonder nobody wants to coach here becasue our fans our crazy. Well that has just been proven with the all out assault on a former player. Woodson better win becasue nobody is going to be lining up to come here especially former players.
No not everyone is but there certainly is an effort and stuff was leaked to try and damage him. Is it al ltrue I have no idea but whatever happened to lets part ways and just move on. You know at some point Fife will probably tell his side of the story and it is going to be alot different. Once he gets new job I would not be shocked if he hits the media.
If any of what was alleged is true, it could come from any number of sources. The politics aspect would obviously be known by the players and they would probably talk about that with friends and family. Recruiting issues would be known by perspective recruits and their families. I mean, I don’t think it was any major secret that Dane was removed from being the lead recruiter for Booker. I don’t think that would’ve happened had things been going swimmingly in that recruitment. So this effort that you are alluding to that people are supposedly trying to damage Fife I don’t understand. Anytime anyone gets fired there are reasons, and it’s only natural in a situation like this there is going to be speculation as to why. At the end of the day it really doesn’t matter, because it doesn’t change the fact that Fife is no longer on the staff.

Looking for a job during the season? That’s your hypothesis? Wow, okay.

For sure. Timeout, so you are going to pretend to be informed but then state you don't think coaches talk about other jobs during the season? Wow, okay.

That means nothing. All of us had our favorite choices before he was hired. Once he was named we were all good with it. We didn't seem him play but we all know how to Google and watch YouTube. You old guys might have some trouble with that. If Woodson isn't working out in his third year some of us will be grumbling because that's what fans do.

Woa, watch the old guy remarks!
It hits too close to home!! 😁

For sure. Timeout, so you are going to pretend to be informed but then state you don't think coaches talk about other jobs during the season? Wow, okay.
I’m not pretending anything about being informed as to the particulars of this situation.

However, I know the difference between well run professional organizations and poorly run professional organizations because I have participated both. The successful organizations treat their outgoing professionals with dignity and respect. The failures shit on their outgoing professionals.

I’m not pretending anything about being informed as to the particulars of this situation.

However, I know the difference between well run professional organizations and poorly run professional organizations because I have participated both. The successful organizations treat their outgoing professionals with dignity and respect. The failures shit on their outgoing professionals.
That's true but what if the outgoong professional was not so professional in the position?

Wow what a thread. So let me get this straight. Many of the endlessly negative posters on here who just a few weeks ago believed rumors that Woodson ignored all his assistants from a couple sources now are sceptical all the sudden when just as many (or more) sources are saying Fife has a laundry list of infractions that would get you fired anywhere.

Hmmm seems inconsistent at best or dare I say racist at worst.

No matter what you believe, we heard straight from Woodson’s release that they were not on the same page. Trust in Woodson, our head coach. Go IU!
I remember when you said there was no reason to believe there was a disconnect in the coaching staff? Amazing that you now all of the sudden believe rumors from a message board about Fife’s alleged offenses. Woodson just doesn’t know what he is doing.

I remember when you said there was no reason to believe there was a disconnect in the coaching staff? Amazing that you now all of the sudden believe rumors from a message board about Fife’s alleged offenses. Woodson just doesn’t know what he is doing.

still shaking the bushes for another story, scoops? Man, you were right all friggin day long about KL and Durr. Who would have guessed two guys who didn’t play would leave?

Anyway, keep those scoops coming!

Last edited:
Not only believe them but run with them. Rumors that were leaked on purpose to Rabby instead of just moving on and letting go of it. Somebody wants to damage Fife no question and who knows if it is all true but people just eat up anything they are told as gospel.

Reactions: Chris A.
still shaking the bushes for another story, scoop? Man, you were right all friggin day long about KL and Durr. Who would have guessed two guys who didn’t play would leave?

Rub a tub the man, the myth, the legend!

I feel bad for his family. To only be a place for a year is hard to have to pack up the house and leave again.

Reactions: bailey777 and iulb
Agreed. People will believe anything. Do we have proof Fife was spewing conspiratorial nonsense to the players? No. Is it possible he did? Sure. Same goes for Fife leaking information to Rabjohns, Dakich, etc. However, until there's concrete proof of any of those things, I will be skeptical.
A lot of this is difficult to prove, Dane sent out some tweets complaining about nilAnd the university made him take them down. People have screenshots. He allegedly told Filpowski (sp) and his family when they were at dinner how stupid nIL was and you should just want to play for IU? Speculation. He didn’t bring in any recruits and was taken off the Booker recruitment. Fact. High school coaches were complaining that they weren’t hearing from Fife and he wasn’t following up on recruiting calls. This could probably be confirmed. He offered a recruit he had been told not to. Think this came from Pu board. As for conspiracy theories, hard to prove again. But seems like there is an awful lot of smoke.

still shaking the bushes for another story, scoops? Man, you were right all friggin day long about KL and Durr. Who would have guessed two guys who didn’t play would leave?

They won’t be the last, brother rubber.

I would not be shocked at all. I man you gotta give him credit he is making a living off of this by simply repeating information and the gullable folks pay him for it.
He gives people what they want to hear. Whatever the popular narrative is he drives it home.

Reactions: Chris A.
Seems to me Woodson is pretty clear on what he is doing. You may not agree, but you can't say he doesn't know what he's doing.

That means nothing. All of us had our favorite choices before he was hired. Once he was named we were all good with it. We didn't seem him play but we all know how to Google and watch YouTube. You old guys might have some trouble with that. If Woodson isn't working out in his third year some of us will be grumbling because that's what fans do.
3rd year? There’s plenty of grumbling already.

And sure you can talk yourself into being excited. I sure did. But your opinion before he was hired was your objective thoughts.

Are you saying you think Woodson shit on Fife? How so?

Seems to me Woodson is pretty clear on what he is doing. You may not agree, but you can't say he doesn't know what he's doing.
Why can’t I say that? What has he done that proves he does know what he is doing?

3rd year? There’s plenty of grumbling already.

And sure you can talk yourself into being excited. I sure did. But your opinion before he was hired was your objective thoughts.
There's always grumbling. Most people just repeat what they're hearing.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I don't think we can even say if the negative info is even coming from inside the program.
Lol. We can’t? Where did it come from? Dakich knows where it came from.

The strategy employed by IU here is not unique to this situation. IU has done this for generations. That’s what Dakich is telling you.

Reactions: bailey777
Absolutely. The conference was extremely weak this year, and our non conference schedule was a joke.
We could have been more consistent, I'll agree. But we made the tournament and according to rumors we could have our core willing to come back. To soon (by a mile) to conclude he doesn't know what he's doing.

Lol. We can’t? Where did it come from? Dakich knows where it came from.

The strategy employed by IU here is not unique to this situation. IU has done this for generations. That’s what Dakich is telling you.
Dakich is on the outside looking in with Fife gone.

We could have been more consistent, I'll agree. But we made the tournament and according to rumors we could have our core willing to come back. To soon (by a mile) to conclude he doesn't know what he's doing.
Making the tournament is not an achievement at IU. It’s the bare minimum expectation. The rumor is just a rumor at this point. Odd that you gave no credence to the Coaching Staff Turmoil rumor, but you do believe in this rumor.

Reactions: bailey777
Making the tournament is not an achievement at IU. It’s the bare minimum expectation. The rumor is just a rumor at this point. Odd that you gave no credence to the Coaching Staff Turmoil rumor, but you do believe in this rumor.
We have to fight our way in just like Rutgers. That's our current reality.

Seems quite clear there's staff turmoil. At least there was until yesterday. I didn't think either way previously. It happens all the time, though. So no surprise if it happens here. Deal with it and move on.

Dakich knows how it works at IU. Anyone paying attention over the past 50 years knows too.

I see you’ve accepted that allegation as an absolute truth.
The only absolute truth is Dane got fired one year into the job. Ouch!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT