ADVERTISEMENT

Dane Fife not returning

We have to fight our way in just like Rutgers. That's our current reality.

Seems quite clear there's staff turmoil. At least there was until yesterday. I didn't think either way previously. It happens all the time, though. So no surprise if it happens here. Deal with it and move on.
That’s laughable given our roster vs Rutgers’ roster. We had significantly more talent.

You guys were up in arms when I said Woodson doesn’t listen to his assistants a month ago. Now it was “obvious” the whole time.

I would have given Woodson more time if he was 64. He’s way too old to learn how to coach in college basketball.

Reactions: Chris A.
That’s laughable given our roster vs Rutgers’ roster. We had significantly more talent.

You guys were up in arms when I said Woodson doesn’t listen to his assistants a month ago. Now it was “obvious” the whole time.

I would have given Woodson more time if he was 64. He’s way too old to learn how to coach in college basketball.
Well then you can move along until the next coach then correct?

Reactions: Al Bino
And you guys are just going to fanboy… until you realize he isn’t the guy. Then you will be saying exactly what I am now.
Don’t know what “fanboy” means. Attitude is a choice you make in terms of how you go thru life. Being constantly negative…..damn man….life’s just too short.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Don’t know what “fanboy” means. Attitude is a choice you make in terms of how you go thru life. Being constantly negative…..damn man….life’s just too short.
Lol it’s funny that you think I live my life in a negative manner based on my opinions of the current state of IUBB.

Lol. We can’t? Where did it come from? Dakich knows where it came from.

The strategy employed by IU here is not unique to this situation. IU has done this for generations. That’s what Dakich is telling you.
Yeah Dakich is dialed in to Dane Fife and what he tells him. That’s it.

A lot of this is difficult to prove, Dane sent out some tweets complaining about nilAnd the university made him take them down. People have screenshots. He allegedly told Filpowski (sp) and his family when they were at dinner how stupid nIL was and you should just want to play for IU? Speculation. He didn’t bring in any recruits and was taken off the Booker recruitment. Fact. High school coaches were complaining that they weren’t hearing from Fife and he wasn’t following up on recruiting calls. This could probably be confirmed. He offered a recruit he had been told not to. Think this came from Pu board. As for conspiracy theories, hard to prove again. But seems like there is an awful lot of smoke.
Maybe he did do this stuff but be the bigger man and let him and his family leave in peace. Instead all this is leaked to rabjohns and the full on attack Fife train tool off and running. It's really kind of pathetic. People are really that petty I guess. Reminds me off how mike davis was treated from day one like absolute crap on these boards

The only absolute truth is Dane got fired one year into the job. Ouch!
The joy some of you are getting out of this is something. It seems you rejoice in others misery. Eventually we all go through tough times I am sure you would love others trashing you when you are down. Unreal.

Lol so because I think IUBB is under very poor management and not heading in the correct direction, you automatically assume you know how I live my life?
I don’t assume it. I’m just saying you seem to be a very negative person and that would be a very miserable life to live. Maybe you’re a sunny guy and just save your negativity for IU basketball. I can’t relate to that, but everyone is different.

Maybe he did do this stuff but be the bigger man and let him and his family leave in peace. Instead all this is leaked to rabjohns and the full on attack Fife train tool off and running. It's really kind of pathetic. People are really that petty I guess. Reminds me off how mike davis was treated from day one like absolute crap on these boards

Are you Mike Davis's cousin, have a man crush on him or something else?
You bring him up all the time.

I don’t assume it. I’m just saying you seem to be a very negative person and that would be a very miserable life to live. Maybe you’re a sunny guy and just save your negativity for IU basketball. I can’t relate to that, but everyone is different.
IU basketball is the only bad thing in my life.

• Haha

What evidence do you have that Woody or the Athletic Department leaked information to tarnish Fife's reputation? Look, no matter where you work, if there is a person in the company who is repeatedly screwing up, people are going to notice and talk about it. With the proximity of the press to the "people in the know," word is going to get out on a larger scale. Based on Woody's concealment of player misbehaviors, it doesn't seem logical that Woody would want these details to get out, does it?

In fact, at least some of this information came directly from Fife. Fife leaked some of his screwups to his friend Rabjohns. For example, Fife called Rabjohns and discussed his anti-NIL Tweets, and Rabjohns did his best to explain to Fife why Fife's stance is flawed and runs counter to the Athletic Department's goals.

I don't have a horse in this race. I like Fife and Woodson, but feel that neither are qualified or have proven to be equipped to coach at IU.

Far be it for me to tell anyone to root for, but if Woody or the IU administration is causing such consternation, perhaps look for another team?

Some people left when RMK was let go. Just saying....

The joy some of you are getting out of this is something. It seems you rejoice in others misery. Eventually we all go through tough times I am sure you would love others trashing you when you are down. Unreal.
Not celebrating. Just responding to Earl's accusations. Would prefer everybody was good. But you gotta admit Fife really blew it here.

Lol well you would be wrong. I’m sure your life is pretty miserable though,
Your testicles ever drop in yet? If you think IU basketball is truly the worst thing in your life you have problems on so many levels.

Your testicles ever drop in yet? If you think IU basketball is truly the worst thing in your life you have problems on so many levels.
Lol no, I just live a great life. I get that you have many worse things than IUBB in your life, and I’m sorry you are going through those things. Hope things turn around for you.

Far be it for me to tell anyone to root for, but if Woody or the IU administration is causing such consternation, perhaps look for another team?

Some people left when RMK was let go. Just saying....
What difference does it make to you? Does it ruin the fun for you or something if someone questions the direction of the basketball program?

What difference does it make to you? Does it ruin the fun for you or something if someone questions the direction of the basketball program?
Nope. Not at all. I'm simply saying those that are so heavily invested in Fife that they can't let this go, maybe they should move on.

Again, whether any of this stuff is true, we could all see Fife was disengaged. That alone is enough for Woodson to part ways.

This stuff ain't complicated to anyone that has ever led a team in business.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Then I would suggest you eliminate it from your life and then your life would be perfect.

As an added benefit, this board would be much better too.
No one needs a perfect life. This board would just become even more of a circle jerk.

That is 100% correct despite what coach geez says. It was mending the old wounds and uniting the old players and the fan base. That is how dolson sold it because people were not super excitd about the Wooson hire. I dont care what any current Fife haters say that is how it was sold. Does not matter what happened it has done nothing but divide us again. So to Joe Hillman how is the you gotta hire IU guys thing working out for you!
But you HAVE to support and get along with the HC if you're an Asst Coach. I get that's how it was "presented" (I don't like sold, because it didn't have to be "sold", it made a ton of sense) but once he's here he has to support the HC. If that falls apart, then he's probably going to, and should, be let go. Paint for me what you wanted to have happen to keep him around... another spot in the AD Dept or non-coach position? Maybe he wasn't interested in that. There's no way a HC should keep someone on their coaching staff who isn't on board with and supporting him. It's a crappy ending, but I'd love to hear what someone thinks the alternative is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT