ADVERTISEMENT

Covid update from a doc on the front lines

I just don't know who to believe any more. I listen to Drs, Nurses, Virologists and other scientists say one thing and then all these experts that failed HS Biology, my cousin that works at Home Depot, and all these guys on the internet that get their information from Tucker and the Pillow Guy all say the opposite.

Very confusing.
While you're at it, try to determine if they think coffee is good or bad for you.

Reactions: UncleMark
problem is, both organized gangs have their own set of Drs, nurses, and virologists, who then contradict each other.

and since the "virologists" and whomever funds the NIH are the geniuses who decided it would be an interesting intellectual exercise to see just how virulent a man engineered virus they could engineer, then lied their asses off about it when the inevitable happened to protect their own asses, and who probably should be in prison and not on tv, they don't seem like exactly the best source of info, which leaves everyone pretty much SOL as to what to and not to believe.

in my post on the previous page regarding getting all the needed info on things, and not just the redacted versions edited to remove any inconvenient facts, i noticed only forum conservatives gave a like to the suggestion that we should be getting all the needed factual stats, rather than just the stats whomever is redacting them wishes us to have, so are the DNC affiliated posters not also in favor of us getting all the pertinent data, rather than just the data the powers that be wish us to have?

from today's Btown newspaper and IU Health South.

c7c9d746-559b-47a7-b260-e3ba48d97375-IU_Health_south_central_region_hospital.png

accompanied by an 18 paragraph article on the subject.

yet still no breakdown or even mention of age in the chart, nor so much as one single reference to age in the accompanying 18 paragraph article. (or of deaths, of which there were 3 more, and still no mention of either vax status or age of the 3).

https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/s...ington-monroe-county-cases-deaths/6510764001/

when the powers that be steadfastly absolutely refuse to gives us the necessary statistical info to make informed decisions, it's no wonder people can't make fully informed decisions.

that the sheep on both sides put up with this sht from our leaders and media alike on both sides, makes all the sheep affiliated with both criminal political gangs look absolutely pathetic.

if all the absolutely needed stats on the subject were given out daily, and without having to do an almost impossible deep dive for it, then while maybe it wouldn't prod more 22 yr olds to get vaxed and boosted, i'm guessing it would get a lot of the 70 yr olds who have been holding out to do so.

and if the still unvaxed 70 yr olds came around, would that not greatly help the hospital and healthcare staff emergency we are experiencing???

WTF IS WRONG WITH OUR LEADERS AND MEDIA?

JUST GIVE US THE INFO WE SO DESPERATELY NEED, AND NOT JUST THE VERSIONS REDACTED TO DELIBERATELY MISLEAD.
You're over-reacting. There is no lack of critical information, especially in that hospital graph, People can't do anything about their ages, But they can change their vaccination status.

Including the ages in that hospitalization data would just fuel more spurious excuses for the unvaccinated to say they don't need vaccination because they aren't in whatever age group they think needs to be vaccinated.

Last edited:
They legally cannot prescribe a placebo per se but prescribing an antibiotic for a viral infection is a placebo. Same, in my mind, for hydroxy.
My mom has been coughing and congestion for about a week. Tested twice no Covid. Her family doctor pissed her off. She wanted drugs. Doc told her it was viral, go home and wear it out. No drugs.

My mom has been coughing and congestion for about a week. Tested twice no Covid. Her family doctor pissed her off. She wanted drugs. Doc told her it was viral, go home and wear it out. No drugs.
Sounds like good advice. Have done this for our entire lives.

Virus' and bacterial infections are two different animals.

Reactions: hoot1 and stollcpa
That is how it should be, but I linked an article above that 50% of docs admit to prescribing placebos.

More tinfoil ignorance From you. Hydroxy is given for Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, both conditions having to do with screwed up immune systems. Covid also causes immune system overreaction in many cases. Observational for sure, but I know of a 99 year old resident in a nursing home who has lupus and takes hydroxy. Covid went through the joint like a freight train. She never got it.

Reactions: DANC
More tinfoil ignorance From you. Hydroxy is given for Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, both conditions having to do with screwed up immune systems. Covid also causes immune system overreaction in many cases. Observational for sure, but I know of a 99 year old resident in a nursing home who has lupus and takes hydroxy. Covid went through the joint like a freight train. She never got it.
Good luck trying to get these guys to believe the nursing home story. It gets frustrating when you have first hand knowledge of situations and the folks here treat you like your lying.

Sorry but those dots are unconnectable despite your tinfoil cowboy hat.

Good luck trying to get these guys to believe the nursing home story. It gets frustrating when you have first hand knowledge of situations and the folks here treat you like your lying.
nah. It isn’t frustrating. I post what I know. Denials like this don’t amount to much.

My concern for you is that you apperantly now believe there is a global conspiracy across all health authorities to deprive humans a beneficial and cheap treatment protocol.

The simplest answer is usually the right one.... and when things sound crazy, it's because they probably are.

A retired oncology nurse, told my wife that a nurse at a prominent Indy hospital told an unvaccinated COVID patient that they should die because they went unvaccinated. Some bedside manner that.

3rd hand information? Meh!!

Most likely metamorphosis of the statement:

1.0 You may die if unvaccinated which then morphed to

1.1 You will die if unvaccinated and then to your version:

1.2 You should die because you are unvaccinated!!

1.3 I pray you die, you dirty little bastard.

My concern for you is that you apperantly now believe there is a global conspiracy across all health authorities to deprive humans a beneficial and cheap treatment protocol.

The simplest answer is usually the right one.... and when things sound crazy, it's because they probably are.
You say the simplest answer is usually the right one as you impute to me a belief in a global conspiracy across all health authorities to deprive humans of treatment.

Whatever man. That sounds crazy.

Reactions: stollcpa
His story is probably true, I see no reason anyone should doubt it. The debate is 9n what it means.

The Lancet published a study of people who had lupus or RA and on hydroxy before pvid came to Britain. That study did not find an association between hydroxy and better than expected outcomes.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanrhe/article/PIIS2665-9913(20)30378-7/fulltext. Now the study might be wrong. It happens. But it also happens that a person in a nursing home does not get infected by random chance.

You say the simplest answer is usually the right one as you impute to me a belief in a global conspiracy across all health authorities to deprive humans of treatment.

Whatever man. That sounds crazy.

You made baseless claims about hydroxy and ivermectin that seem to only be supported within the realm of conspiracy theorists. While bitching about Fauci... I thought only small minded people complained about other people.

They legally cannot prescribe a placebo per se but prescribing an antibiotic for a viral infection is a placebo. Same, in my mind, for hydroxy.
What if they’re not sure if it’s a viral infection?
Should they wait to get sputum sample back from lab before prescribing?
A placebo is gelatin capsule #2 not a zpak.

Last edited:
See, face to face we might note if he seriously thought no one was researching cures. Of course the were. We have a couple antivirals and 3 monoclonal antibodies. Unfortunately two of those do not work with omicron. We have had steroids since the beginning.

Vaccination was our best silver bullet but we blew that.
Vaccination was never going to work. Amazing that there are people still holding on to that…

What if they’re not sure if it’s a viral infection?
Should they wait to get sputum sample back from lab before prescribing?
A placebo is gelatin capsule #2 not a zpak.
We know antibiotics are over prescribed, below the CDC reported 30% were not needed in 2016. 2016 is well after every single one of us knew that antibiotic resistance was a crisis and over prescribing was the cause.

So there is a cost to handing out zpacks. And doctors know patients expect something. Patients give poor reviews to doctors who do not give out antibiotics.

Studies also show opioids we're over prescribed.

The doctor patient relationship is tough. If a patient pays to see a doctor the patient expects more than, "rest and drink plenty of clear liquids". Just in case prescribing can be a rationalization just to make the patient happy.

Now you are in the business, you don't think that is a rationalization? Because googling over prescribe antibiotics and over prescribe opioids returns many, many hits that 1) it happens and 2) the guidelines aren't being followed.

Vaccination was never going to work. Amazing that there are people still holding on to that…
Work for what? There is a lot of proof that vaccinated people do not die nor go to the hospital near as often as unvaccinated. If COVID is just another common cold we have a great victory. Being vaccinated is a huge step in that direction

We know antibiotics are over prescribed, below the CDC reported 30% were not needed in 2016. 2016 is well after every single one of us knew that antibiotic resistance was a crisis and over prescribing was the cause.

So there is a cost to handing out zpacks. And doctors know patients expect something. Patients give poor reviews to doctors who do not give out antibiotics.

Studies also show opioids we're over prescribed.

The doctor patient relationship is tough. If a patient pays to see a doctor the patient expects more than, "rest and drink plenty of clear liquids". Just in case prescribing can be a rationalization just to make the patient happy.

Now you are in the business, you don't think that is a rationalization? Because googling over prescribe antibiotics and over prescribe opioids returns many, many hits that 1) it happens and 2) the guidelines aren't being followed.
Yes….people run to the doctor way more than they should.
We can think the fact everyone has “insurance” for that trip to the doctor and pharmacy. And lawsuits.
Antibiotics and opioids are definitely overprescribed.
Should physicians ever be able to prescribe antibiotics for Respiratory infection without sputum sample showing causative organism?

Yeah. My bud, who intubates people and is in a "bursting at the seams" hospital almost every day, says he hasn't had a single vaccinated patient on a vent, but who gives a shit? What does my delivery guy think? Or what does Tucker say?
I know what Tucker says, but for our benefit what does Rachel say?

I just don't know who to believe any more. I listen to Drs, Nurses, Virologists and other scientists say one thing and then all these experts that failed HS Biology, my cousin that works at Home Depot, and all these guys on the internet that get their information from Tucker and the Pillow Guy all say the opposite.

Very confusing.
It's easy listen to Tucker and the pillow guy.

What would be the proper term for a Dr that prescribes medication that has been roundly dismissed by everyone but Glen Beck?
You to be a bit insecure on the subject constantly referencing "right" thinking broadcasters... you could line up as many doctors and nurses who think opposite of you as you could get to defend your side. The left has brought absolutely no science to the discussion. Point - how about the 15 minute rule where lord Fauci states you don't have to worry about catching Covid unless you're in close contact for 15 consecutive minutes? Is that science? Why doesn't the left push therapeutics? Biden has done nothing but make this worse so who is going to listen to him or his administration? This is why we are so split, this administration has no clue what they're doing and a percentage of the population is completely turned off by the vaccine. I personally am fully vaccinated so spare your lecture.

You to be a bit insecure on the subject constantly referencing "right" thinking broadcasters... you could line up as many doctors and nurses who think opposite of you as you could get to defend your side. The left has brought absolutely no science to the discussion. Point - how about the 15 minute rule where lord Fauci states you don't have to worry about catching Covid unless you're in close contact for 15 consecutive minutes? Is that science? Why doesn't the left push therapeutics? Biden has done nothing but make this worse so who is going to listen to him or his administration? This is why we are so split, this administration has no clue what they're doing and a percentage of the population is completely turned off by the vaccine. I personally am fully vaccinated so spare your lecture.
Where is the idea coming from that the left doesn't want therapeutics? We have therapeutics. The death rate continues to fall.

• Haha
lol

Welcome to the list

You made baseless claims about hydroxy and ivermectin that seem to only be supported within the realm of conspiracy theorists. While bitching about Fauci... I thought only small minded people complained about other people.
I guess what amazes me is the emotion and passion you, @Courtsensetwo, and many others bring to the hydroxy and ivermectin discussion. Tin foil hats? Wild conspiracy theories? C’mon man! Going apeshit about this is not a discussion. The emotional reaction got so bad in some places physicians were threatened with license revocation and pharmacies were prohibited from filling prescriptions. That’s government overreach and is scary. Yale and Hopkins went out of their way to isolate members of their med school faculties over those pills. Other physicians who publicly said they prescribed it were ostracized. I am well aware of all the studies that “prove” they are ineffective, but I don’t emotionally reject widely held contrary opinion by those who actually treat patients and saw them not get sick or improve.

As far as Fauci is concerned, yeah, I’ll criticize him and I think he deserves every bit of it. He lied under oath and for what purpose? He certainly didn’t need to. His “I am science” remark was the clincher. He has issues. If you can’t see the difference between talking about a bureaucrat with authority and having a discussion with people here, there is nothing more i can say.

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC

Well said. Reminds me of the previous right wing talking point that hospitals were coding deaths as Covid even though they were not. It required one to believe in a global medical and insurance fraud conspiracy, which was easier for so many to believe rather than Covid actually killing a lot of people.

Reactions: TMFT and UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT