ADVERTISEMENT

Covid update from a doc on the front lines

Anecdoctal hearsay:

I have a friend who does med mal defense for some hospitals and played poker with an administrator at one. The administrator said during spring and summer of 2020, if someone tested positive for covid but might have died from something else, no matter how severe (think Stage IV cancer), covid was always listed as a contributing cause of death and that was enough to qualify for higher payments.

Lots of gray area here.
I don't doubt that for a second. It's naïve to think hospitals aren't in the business of making money. Hell here for a while when you presented to the ER after a crash the hospital would refuse to run your insurance. They would instead send a lien letter. The reimbursement rate under the Hospital Lien law was greater than the reimbursement rates from the insurance companies so they'd rather wait for a crash to settle and assert their lien on the settlement proceeds than run Cigna etc.

Contributing being the operative word. And regardless of that, if a cancer patient or heart patient came into the hospital Covid positive, wouldn't there have been additional costs involved in treating them simply because he had Covid? And wouldn't it be reasonable for those additional costs to be reimbursed?
And payment is based on the diagnosis that is the reason for admission. Pointing to the death certificate in an audit wouldn't be acceptable.

Reactions: UncleMark
I don’t hold myself out as an expert on Covid. The experiences I repeat on here are true occurrences in my circle of family, friends, clients and acquaintances. They happened. Take them however you wish.

I’ve seen enough to absolutely believe ivermectin has helped people with Covid.

I’ve watched in person three golf buddies have nasty heart reactions after taking the Booster. Even the left wing Biden/Harris/Fauci loving attorney had to admit the vaccine caused a problem.

What are the odds on three guys between 63-72 over the course of the month all having heart issues after the Booster? Not one of these was reported to anyone that they got included in CDC statistics. You go ahead and say I am lying if you like.
I have no reason to believe you're lying.

mRNA vaccines have, in fact, been linked to a very low risk of myocarditis and myopericarditis, as reflected by a study that's referenced in the article I've linked below. The study included almost 5 million people who were followed after multiple doses of vaccine. At follow up, 269 people had developed myocarditis or myopericarditis.

The article concludes with the following:

"When looking at incidence rates for men and women, the researchers found that Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were linked to 1.3 and 2 cases per 100,000 among women, and 1.5 and 6.3 cases per 100,000 among men, respectively. The team noted, however, that people who had received either mRNA vaccine had around half the risk of cardiac arrest or death, compared with unvaccinated individuals at follow-up."

I don't know what the odds are of three older golf buddies having heart issues in the same month, but they're probably not as low as you think. I do know that if any of these guys applied for life insurance at their age, they'd be paying a hefty premium - - based on actuarial statistics - - even if they were in good health. Older guys tend to develop health issues. In any event, and as reflected in this study, unvaccinated people are at much higher risk of cardiac arrest and death than the vaxxed. Your buds were vaxxed, and they're still among the living.

Yes you have the last three links in the old telephone game correct.
What?? Are you suggesting there are even more links? And, it looks like you weren't there for any of the important links.

Which anonymous parts of your post should we believe?

mRNA vaccines have, in fact, been linked to a very low risk of myocarditis and myopericarditis, as reflected by a study that's referenced in the article I've linked below. The study included almost 5 million people who were followed after multiple doses of vaccine. At follow up, 269 people had developed myocarditis or myopericarditis.

"When looking at incidence rates for men and women, the researchers found that Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were linked to 1.3 and 2 cases per 100,000 among women, and 1.5 and 6.3 cases per 100,000 among men, respectively. The team noted, however, that people who had received either mRNA vaccine had around half the risk of cardiac arrest or death, compared with unvaccinated individuals at follow-up."

I don't know what the odds are of three older golf buddies having heart issues in the same month, but they're probably not as low as you think. I do know that if any of these guys applied for life insurance at their age, they'd be paying a hefty premium - - based on actuarial statistics - - even if they were in good health. Older guys tend to develop health issues. In any event, and as reflected in this study, unvaccinated people are at much higher risk of cardiac arrest and death than the vaxxed. Your buds were vaxxed, and they're still among the living.
They’re all fine now or appear to be. To show where were are, the two republicans say they don’t think they will get a fourth shot and the democrat attorney says he will. Crazy that we’ve reached this point.

nah. It isn’t frustrating. I post what I know. Denials like this don’t amount to much.
But, you don't "know" it, not really, because you weren't there 24/7 and you don't have access to her health records (without violating HIPAA by disclosing their content on this board) !!

You don't know firsthand that she was 99 years old," you don't know firsthand that she "has lupus and takes hydroxy" and you don't know firsthand that "She never got it."

Why don't you post your attorney number and the numbers of any health licenses that you have (or soon will have used to have)?

But, you don't "know" it, not really, because you weren't there 24/7 and you don't have access to her health records (without violating HIPAA by disclosing their content on this board) !!

You don't know firsthand that she was 99 years old," you don't know firsthand that she "has lupus and takes hydroxy" and you don't know firsthand that "She never got it."

Why don't you post your attorney number and the numbers of any health licenses that you have (or soon will have used to have)?
Creepshow creepin. You're so gross. No one wants you to have their personal info you creepy f*uck. You're constantly trying to get it. Who knows what registries you're on. Gross f*uck

Last edited:
That is fine, but that ain't the same thing as it works. Doctors are very much allowed to prescribe placebos. Here WebMD says 50% do exactly that:

This is the same debate, 90 doctors say X does not work, conservatives are drawn like a moth to the flame to the 10. The 10 MUST be right. Even if they prescribe simply for a placebo.

Here is one study where they combined the results of 28 trials. From the opening:

We found that treatment with hydroxychloroquine is associated with increased mortality in COVID-19 patients, and there is no benefit of chloroquine.​

Trials are ongoing with ivermectin. Maybe they find something. I have never criticized doctors who prescribe either (but I have people who buy such drugs on the black market and self medicate). A doctor has the right to prescribe even if it only is to help a patient's psyche. But even that comes with a risk. If said patient than takes more risks because they are taking a placebo, they are in greater danger.

And there lies the big problem both with placebos and most masks. It is the car problem, the safer we make cars the more dangerous people drive.
Work for what? There is a lot of proof that vaccinated people do not die nor go to the hospital near as often as unvaccinated. If COVID is just another common cold we have a great victory. Being vaccinated is a huge step in that direction
Work to eliminate or eradicate the virus, which some still claim we “missed our window”. We missed our window in Wuhan China. Does it slow down transmission, perhaps, but it’s still inevitable that just about everyone will get it eventually. Does it keep people from dying or getting as ill , probably, but then it’s back to that being a personal choice. All of the claims that it’s the fault of the unvaxxed that the virus is still around is bullshit….

Reactions: DANC
Creepshow creepin. You're so gross. No one wants you to have their personal info you creepy f*uck. You're constantly trying to get it. Who knows what registries you're on. Gross f*uck
will-ferrell-crazy.gif

There are two kinds of people in this world, those who take the red pill and those who take the blue pill.

The terms "red pill" and "blue pill" refer to a choice between the willingness to learn a potentially unsettling or life-changing truth by taking the red pill or remaining in contented ignorance with the blue pill.
You took the brown pill, it's the full of shit pill.

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
Did you try the download that Marvin suggested? Or did you jump straight to being an asshole?

the much needed info the govt and health care industry absolutely refuses to give wasn't there. (or anywhere else to the citizenry apparently).

if you ever find it anywhere, let us know.

Hospitalizations, ICU numbers, Vent numbers, Deaths, all broken down by age group and vax status as well, is DESPERATELY needed info, and those controlling and redacting the flow of info absolutely refuse to give it to us, even 2 yrs in to the pandemic.

people can't make informed decisions if the aholes controlling and redacting the info necessary to make informed decisions, flat refuse to allow us to have it, despite their having it.

inexcusable behavior, and inexcusable behavior over time doesn't take place absent malevolent reasons for it.

the aholes are the scum who flat refuse to GIVE US THE F'ING INFO THAT IS NEEDED.

that said, i was unfair to Marv, (and have now edited said post accordingly), but anyone and everyone who defend or even refuse to push back against the deliberate withholding of absolutely critically needed info, is party to the crime.

it's flat inexcusable and criminal that this critically needed info is being deliberately withheld on an ongoing basis..

Last edited:

id be more worried if I took the traditional jnj shot

I’m not an expert but I don’t think that’s true. We don’t test asymptomatic people at death for the flu virus and list it as a contributor of death if a positive result comes back, do we?
They are convinced that death certificates cannot reflect the true number, so they run a formula to determine flu deaths. So it is just assumed a number of people who died from of congestive heart failure or pneumonia were flu deaths.

Seasonal flu may lead to death from other causes, such as pneumonia, congestive heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It has been recognized for many years that flu is underreported on death certificates and patients aren’t always tested for seasonal flu virus infection, particularly the elderly who are at increased risk of seasonal flu complications and death. Some deaths – particularly among the elderly – are associated with secondary complications of flu (including bacterial pneumonias). Influenza virus infection may not be identified in many instances because influenza virus is only detectable for a short period of time and/or many people don’t seek medical care until after the first few days of acute illness. For these and other reasons, statistical modeling strategies have been used to estimate seasonal flu-related deaths for many decades. Only counting deaths where flu was included on a death certificate would be a gross underestimation of seasonal flu’s true impact.​

This is even with no flu test to back it up.

So people dying with no indication they had the flu because flu tests are not required, can be counted as flu deaths. So it isn't the exact same thing, it is worse. If flu is prevalent it is counted higher in deaths with no real determination if the flu really caused deaths.

They are convinced that death certificates cannot reflect the true number, so they run a formula to determine flu deaths. So it is just assumed a number of people who died from of congestive heart failure or pneumonia were flu deaths.

Seasonal flu may lead to death from other causes, such as pneumonia, congestive heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It has been recognized for many years that flu is underreported on death certificates and patients aren’t always tested for seasonal flu virus infection, particularly the elderly who are at increased risk of seasonal flu complications and death. Some deaths – particularly among the elderly – are associated with secondary complications of flu (including bacterial pneumonias). Influenza virus infection may not be identified in many instances because influenza virus is only detectable for a short period of time and/or many people don’t seek medical care until after the first few days of acute illness. For these and other reasons, statistical modeling strategies have been used to estimate seasonal flu-related deaths for many decades. Only counting deaths where flu was included on a death certificate would be a gross underestimation of seasonal flu’s true impact.​

This is even with no flu test to back it up.

So people dying with no indication they had the flu because flu tests are not required, can be counted as flu deaths. So it isn't the exact same thing, it is worse. If flu is prevalent it is counted higher in deaths with no real determination if the flu really caused deaths.

but there seems to be a difference between the notion that people technically died from other things, some of which are known to be caused by the flu (pneumonia).

If COVID causes pneumonia, that seems like a worthwhile inclusion as a “COVID” death. But if someone dies in a motorcycle accident and tests positive with COVID, that shouldn’t be included, just as I wouldn’t expect it to be included as part of a flu count. Even though that is extreme, there are incidences of such inclusion.

I think the point being made is that COVID is still over tested for, generally speaking, but in particular among deaths* in certain states.

*not saying it hasn’t caused a majority of the higher than average deaths over the past two years

but there seems to be a difference between the notion that people technically died from other things, some of which are known to be caused by the flu (pneumonia).

If COVID causes pneumonia, that seems like a worthwhile inclusion as a “COVID” death. But if someone dies in a motorcycle accident and tests positive with COVID, that shouldn’t be included, just as I wouldn’t expect it to be included as part of a flu count. Even though that is extreme, there are incidences of such inclusion.

I think the point being made is that COVID is still over tested for, generally speaking, but in particular among deaths* in certain states.

*not saying it hasn’t caused a majority of the higher than average deaths over the past two years
Yeah, I’m not downplaying Covid-19 or Covid deaths with this anecdote. Just wanted to point out it’s a real thing, something to look into, and that incentives matter.

I don't know, you haven't seen me post on the "ha ha, look at antivaxxer who died". There can be, handled properly, a learning opportunity. "See, this is real. Person x was younger, didn't die from fear of COVID but from COVID". Much like saying a person died from being thrown through their windshield was not wearing a seatbelt.

There is a slight difference for some, some antivaxxers proselytize, they actively work to stop others from vaccinated. Not many proselytize to others not to wear seatbelts.

So some deaths can be informational. Like the totaled car put before my daughter's school years ago before prom to show the dangers of drunk driving. But we should scale back the "gotcha" and "told you so".

We KNOW vaccinated people suffer bad outcomes far less often. Nothing, not hydroxy or ivermectin or vitamin D, is shown to provide such benefits.

For a while I took D, there was some evidence low vitamin D was correlated. But that turned out to be a correlation and not a cause. So I am not opposed to trying to get ahead. The problem would come from me saying, "I do not need vaccinated because I am taking vitamin D". That is my point. Take hydroxy AND get vaccinated not take hydroxy INSTEAD OF getting vaccinated.

As Lee Corso would say, “Not so fast”

Reactions: DANC and jet812
As Lee Corso would say, “Not so fast”

The number of inaccurate claims made about Covid continues to grow. What is aggravating is not that people have been wrong (everyone has to some degree), it’s that the loonies have tried to insult, shame, & belittle any dissenters, no matter how obvious it is that there is still so much unknown…what a joke.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT