ADVERTISEMENT

COVID is over.

There are two questions here. One is on transmission. That means if YOU get the virus can you transmit it to someone else. No one tested that early on, but later tests did show that YES if you are vaccinated and get the virus you can pass it on just as easily as a non-vaccinated person.

But that isn't the point being made oringally. The main point originally is that if someone never gets the virus, they cannot spread the virus. And there IS data that, especially with the original strain, the vaccines STOPPED people from getting the virus. So yes, a nurse at a nursing home dealing with 100 year old patients was far less likely to get the original COVID strain and thus was far less likely to spread COVID. But if that nurse got COVID, they spread it just as easily. In Delta the success rates at blocking infection dropped, by Omicron they were only 30% effective.

But it is a simple rule, if person A never gets infected with a disease they are virtually impossible to spread the disease.

In January 2020, when Covid first started, it killed some people in days and didn’t give others even noticeable sniffles.

Last week, Covid killed some people in days and didn’t give others even detectable sniffles.

Vaccinations did not stop the spread of Covid.

Vaccinations appear to have lessened the symptoms in those who had sufficient symptoms to test positive and learn they had Covid. (Which in some cases assumes a lot about testing accuracy.)

After almost 3 years, Fauci and the CDC cannot tell us the “why“ behind any of the above.

Covid was politicized when anti-Trump forces claimed Trump failed to implement a travel ban soon enough in January 2020. After that, neither the known nor unknown facts mattered much to the public savagery. Speaking only for myself, I took each vaccination at the earliest time I could get one, and was still called an “anti-vaccination Trumptard,” including one person who told me he hoped I died from Covid. I was also called a “sheeple” for taking vaccines.

We oughta write a book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT