ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus case increase sets new U.S. record, rising to over 184K in one day

We need better role models.
JS100896473.jpg

I have a more inspirational set of asian models for masking in the ATOF.

Reactions: Morrison
My wife, who is 41 and in good health, tested positive last Sunday. She’s had the symptoms of a mild cold, with no fever. The worst part of her getting it is our whole family has been in quarantine since then. Our kids can’t go back to school until November 9th. I can’t go back to work until the 29th.

My dad, who is 76, caught it around 2 months ago, and it very nearly killed him. He still hasn’t fully recovered.

So much depends on the circumstances of the person who gets sick. Although you’re right about the 99%, we still need to protect the 1 percent.

Hope your Dad continues to recover. Glad that he made it through. Hope that your wife's recovering is a full one and that you and your kids stay safe as well.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
My wife, who is 41 and in good health, tested positive last Sunday. She’s had the symptoms of a mild cold, with no fever. The worst part of her getting it is our whole family has been in quarantine since then. Our kids can’t go back to school until November 9th. I can’t go back to work until the 29th.

My dad, who is 76, caught it around 2 months ago, and it very nearly killed him. He still hasn’t fully recovered.

So much depends on the circumstances of the person who gets sick. Although you’re right about the 99%, we still need to protect the 1 percent.

Sorry to hear about your dad. That hits close to home for me. Any idea about how or where he caught it?

Glad your wife is well.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Sorry to hear about your dad. That hits close to home for me. Any idea about how or where he caught it?

Glad your wife is well.

Thats what contact tracing is for -- without it, it's almost impossible to shut down any localised outbreaks.
We do it via manually ie human teams or via the mobile app which are all anonymous.

Reactions: T.M.P.
It’s easy to spot a Biden supporter! They’re the people wearing a mask while alone driving their car.

Thats what contact tracing is for -- without it, it's almost impossible to shut down any localised outbreaks.
We do it via manually ie human teams or via the mobile app which are all anonymous.

Understood. But individual contract tracing is not so useful to the public's ability to determine risk. For example, the recent spike in Colorado's positive tests is by in large in detention centers, assisted living homes, and college campuses. That information is hard to find. That tells me that the risk associated with my daily activities hasn't changed much with this spike. Contact tracing would not show this.

Understood. But individual contract tracing is not so useful to the public's ability to determine risk. For example, the recent spike in Colorado's positive tests is by in large in detention centers, assisted living homes, and college campuses. That information is hard to find. That tells me that the risk associated with my daily activities hasn't changed much with this spike. Contact tracing would not show this.

Interesting, the site below shows Indiana and Colorado as similar, college campuses are having low numbers per 100,000. You can click on "show all counties" to get all of Colorado counties and the college counties are marked. https://www.covidactnow.org/us/colorado-co?s=1198291

In Indiana, Monroe is 88th.

You just aren’t going to make the change to the correct, “by and large”, are you?

Interesting, the site below shows Indiana and Colorado as similar, college campuses are having low numbers per 100,000. You can click on "show all counties" to get all of Colorado counties and the college counties are marked. https://www.covidactnow.org/us/colorado-co?s=1198291

In Indiana, Monroe is 88th.

I don't think rates are useful information in determining risk for people as they go about their daily lives. I want to know numbers and clusters.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I don't think rates are useful information in determining risk for people as they go about their daily lives. I want to know numbers and clusters.

Raw numbers are not a lot of help. Looking at raw numbers you probably feel safer going to Green Bay than NYC.

It would be pretty useful to people living near those settings. We're just too disorganized to do it.

Raw numbers are not a lot of help. Looking at raw numbers you probably feel safer going to Green Bay than NYC.

That's not the choice I usually make. I'd feel safer in Central Park in NYC on a breezy day than in a Packers bar during a game. All information is relevant, but when it comes to making personal decisions some information is more useful.

For example, my stoker is very concerned about missing family time for the holidays. The information I have been able to gather tells me that it isn't a good idea to have families in a home for the holidays. So . . . . .I bought a heater for my propane tank, and we will have holiday dinner in the garage where we can spread out with the door up.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
That's not the choice I usually make. I'd feel safer in Central Park in NYC on a breezy day than in a Packers bar during a game. All information is relevant, but when it comes to making personal decisions some information is more useful.

For example, my stoker is very concerned about missing family time for the holidays. The information I have been able to gather tells me that it isn't a good idea to have families in a home for the holidays. So . . . . .I bought a heater for my propane tank, and we will have holiday dinner in the garage where we can spread out with the door up.
Yep. Having the same convo as we speak with my stoker

We had a family get together yesterday, my wife is going crazy with COVID fatigue from not seeing the kids. It was in a room with lots of windows open and my room size HEPA air filter running.

There are two type of people in this world:

1. Those who see a "dark winter" coming and live in daily despair with death.

2. Those who know 99%+ will not be sick or fully recover from an infection and try to live a normal life with hope.
Shorter COH:
Two kinds of people.
1. People who care about their neighbors.
2. People like me.

Messaging/execution is 80% of the game.

CDC and healthcare authorities around the world always knew masking and social distancing were the answer -- for years.

Back in late Feb/March, I had given a link to Singapore's Pandemic Management plan -- they all mentioned masking and social distancing as key tools. Thats why I was a masking proponent right from the start.

Getting the message across and getting people to do it was the key -- something a scamming pitchman like Trump would have been good at if he had taken the right path.

The two worst countries in the world are UK and US -- both had leaders who muddied the well at the start for political reasons and the electorates have paid the price.

Hopefully, Mister Pitchman Trump, who has sold scams from Trump Steaks to Wine and University 'degrees' has made his final scam/pitch.
To hell with the deaths and economic damage, if Trump had done the right thing we’d be stuck with him for four more years. Count your blessings.

Lmao!!! Coh “claims” it’s the person that pedals his bike for him. My stoker helps me tuck my shirts in like Rudy. Word of caution. Stokers are very expensive. And probably not worth it in the end
I mentioned to my stoker the possibility of getting a newer model. My stoker hit me over the head with either a frying pan or a rolling pin...I can't remember.

There are two type of people in this world:

1. Those who see a "dark winter" coming and live in daily despair with death.

2. Those who know 99%+ will not be sick or fully recover from an infection and try to live a normal life with hope.

I'm all for hope, calm, and security. That's why I'll feel a lot more secure when the only people listening to lying idiots like the Trump Klan, Moscow Mitch, Lying Kayleigh, Gym Jordan, Nunes, and so many others are their families or anyone stupid enough to tolerate them and believe in them. I long for all of them to fade into obscurity, and maybe just become Fox News "contributors"...

No offense to the fine folks of Wyoming, but the vast expanse of the Teton State seems like a perfect place for all of them to move to and they can all lie to the OAN camera crews to their heart's content. I guess all politicians lie or nuance the truth to some extent, but Trump seems to enjoy seeing how many times he can lie to me on a daily basis over things I know the answer to.

Is that the kind of result people thought they would get (and want) when they assumed he'd run the country like he does his business? A lying fraudster?

Reactions: iuwclurker
I mentioned to my stoker the possibility of getting a newer model. My stoker hit me over the head with either a frying pan or a rolling pin...I can't remember.
I’m learning the newer models break down too and are more expensive to fix. Keep the old one!!!

Lmao!!! Coh “claims” it’s the person that pedals his bike for him. My stoker helps me tuck my shirts in like Rudy. Word of caution. Stokers are very expensive. And probably not worth it in the end

A usual question we often hear when passing people on our bike is "who peddles the hardest?' My answer: "The dumb one". 'nuff said.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT